2017 Season Tickets

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I could not get the seats I have had for 50 years if I did not have the "history" that I do
That's not entirely true. You can call up the GTAA tomorrow with no history and buy a box. Club seats weren't sold out for awhile, you could get those with no history. You just have to be willing to pay the Tech Fund.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone able to give me feedback on Section 111? I moved back to Atlanta last year and bought season tickets for the 1st time. We were in Section 215 and I loved it, but we were too far up for my wife's liking (Row 25). We can move over and down to Sec 216, Row 3 or go further to Sec 111, Row 14. The latter is closer to the field, but I'm afraid it will be a bad view. Again, any feedback?

That's not entirely true. You can call up the GTAA tomorrow with no history and buy a box. Club seats weren't sold out for awhile, you could get those with no history. You just have to be willing to pay the Tech Fund.
That's true, but that's only because we don't sell out the season tickets. In the past history of buying and contributing was the determining factor. Would be nice to get back to those days again.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Anyone able to give me feedback on Section 111? I moved back to Atlanta last year and bought season tickets for the 1st time. We were in Section 215 and I loved it, but we were too far up for my wife's liking (Row 25). We can move over and down to Sec 216, Row 3 or go further to Sec 111, Row 14. The latter is closer to the field, but I'm afraid it will be a bad view. Again, any feedback?

I'm in 214 Row 13 and absolutely love the seats I have. I find that watch the play coming toward or away from me give me a better view of what's going on. I know a lot folks love being between the 30s but, honestly, I wouldn't trade my seats for being on either side of the field.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The view will be limited in certain cases.
Year before last in the FSU game 111 would have been great for watching the end of the "play of the year".
Also in the pre game u get to watch the players warm up and watch coach walk out to do the pre game interview. Great view of the wrek coming on to field.
After vt victory In 2009 the fans tore the goal down and it wouldn't fit out of the stadium. The fans most of whom were engineers rammed part of it into that section and broke it like a wishbone.
We like lower to be a part of action - and watch the players interact on sideline.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm in 216 row 9 and love the seats. Row 25 would be a good bit on up, so I understand the desire to change. If you can get row 4, go for it.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck

Section 111:

My current season tickets are in 111. I played Stub-Hub-roulette for a few years and sat all around the stadium mostly on the north end as my daughter was in the band (CS '16). I hate sitting in the sun (bring back the old Lower East!). When I got tired of sitting next to opposing fans and get season tickets, I wanted 111 (I don't 80k as hard as some others). As to location in 111; I had seats in 110, 109 & 108 below the walkway and didn't like the view as much as I did when I was above the walk way - it's more like a TV view. So IMO, get as high as you can with the lowest seat number you can (lower # = south end of section). I have been there the last 2 years (about even with the back of the End Zone on row 40) and have enjoyed the view and the people near me.

Pro: Mostly Tech fans. Shaded side of the field after 2-3PM. Sometimes you can catch a little breeze through the West & North. Good view of downtown. No Tech Fund. Concessions in the West Stands are way better than everywhere else (time in line and choices).

Con: Bad angle on the south end of the field and it's quite a distance (I bring binoculars), although it would be closer than any Upper North seat. People in the aisle near the portal can sometimes stop and look at the game (low numbered seats in rows 39 - 42 would be affected). Nearly no one stands.

If sitting in the sun is not an issue for you, and you like the endzone view, those seats in row 3 of 216 should be awesome.

If you want a sideline view and if sitting in the sun is not an issue - if you can get a low row in the north end of the Upper East (south end is above the visitor's band); that is a great view of the field and it is close. My seats in the Lower West are about the same height as the first row of the Upper East but those Upper East seats are probably a good 30-40 feet closer to the field.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm in 214 Row 13 and absolutely love the seats I have.

The view will be limited in certain cases.

We like lower to be a part of action - and watch the players interact on sideline.

Section 111:

My current season tickets are in 111.

Thanks for all the feedback. My "personal ticket office representative" has promised to send me a picture of the view from 111. Worst case, I'll have better seats than this past year and will avoid being surrounded by visiting fans.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We might have discussed this before, but you sit near me. I'm in 215 row 8.

We have ;). I am sure you've seen me... usually wear a cowboy hat for the afternoon games (have to protect from the sun). IIRC your seats are close to the steps. Will hopefully remember to reintroduce myself come 9/9.

ballground jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
My seats are in 215 row 1 right on the aisle and they are excellent. Those seats in 216 should be great too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for all the feedback. My "personal ticket office representative" has promised to send me a picture of the view from 111. Worst case, I'll have better seats than this past year and will avoid being surrounded by visiting fans.
I sit in 111 row 13. I personally love the seats but a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am surrounded by all of my friends from undergrad. The view of the field can be obstructed at times. When game play is near the south end zone it is almost impossible to tell what is happening without watching the Jumbotron. On the the flip side any action near the north end zone couldn't be better. A good number of us stand, and it can get loud. We are located right next to the parents section in 110, so that makes for a very interesting dynamic as well. You have to be a little more careful calling out individual players or you might have someone's mama jumping on you :woot: . The lower half of the section is primarily recent grads and is always pretty fun.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Not telling you not to buy in Section 111.. But before you do take a look at Section 218...We love Section 218..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1485722695860.jpg
    FB_IMG_1485722695860.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 58
  • FB_IMG_1485722671702.jpg
    FB_IMG_1485722671702.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 58

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
I just purchased 6 in sec 110, Row 35. Its 5 rows above the walkway. Is that high enough so my view is not blocked? I have the option to move higher to row 40 or possibly lower below the walkway.