2017 Season Tickets

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone else renewing season tickets find that the seats allocated for them for the Tennessee game are not in any way comparable to the seating I have (and have had for 49 years) in BDS?
66890683.jpg

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I just renewed, and will continue every yera...but the tickets are actually pretty damn expensive. Cost me $1,230 for two season tickets after the Tech fund. That's roughly $88/ticket. Just some perspective...If I wanted to attend every game without buying season tickets, here's what it would probably cost me to scalp and sit somewhere in the upper east (where I currently sit):

Tennessee - $50/ticket
Jax State - $10/ticket (maybe even $5)
Pitt - $20/ticket
UNC - $20/ticket
Wake - $20/ticket
VT - $20/ticket
Georgia - $40/ticket

$360 total...

It's actually kind of crazy...especially since I only get to count the donation for $400 of the $1230. I'd be better off scalping and giving a donation of $1,000 to the athletic department.

Think it's possible we might sell more season tickets if we made them more affordable?

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Question for you veterans, I want to get better seats this year. So do I wait until after the renewal deadline? When I look now there are not many available.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I just renewed, and will continue every yera...but the tickets are actually pretty damn expensive. Cost me $1,230 for two season tickets after the Tech fund. That's roughly $88/ticket. Just some perspective...If I wanted to attend every game without buying season tickets, here's what it would probably cost me to scalp and sit somewhere in the upper east (where I currently sit):

Tennessee - $50/ticket
Jax State - $10/ticket (maybe even $5)
Pitt - $20/ticket
UNC - $20/ticket
Wake - $20/ticket
VT - $20/ticket
Georgia - $40/ticket

$360 total...

It's actually kind of crazy...especially since I only get to count the donation for $400 of the $1230. I'd be better off scalping and giving a donation of $1,000 to the athletic department.

Think it's possible we might sell more season tickets if we made them more affordable?

Mutt tickets are even more expensive and currently only available for renewals. I'll pay what I can to help catch up to them before I start griping. In my lifetime we have only beaten UGA 8 times.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Question for you veterans, I want to get better seats this year. So do I wait until after the renewal deadline? When I look now there are not many available.

Last year I wanted to upgrade to an aisle seat. I was told by the GT ticket person to wait and more seats would be available after the deadline. When I later called (before the deadline ended) I was told that I should get seats now as there may/may not be aisle seats later. I suggest you press hard at the GT ticket office to get good info as there was not agreement between the two people I talked to. Maybe better seats (not an aisle situation) is a different answer but BEWARE.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Don't wait until after renewal deadline. Go ahead and renew but call your ticket rep and let them know what you want. They can always change your order, but you don't want to take a chance on losing your current seats.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Can you get tickets to the Chick-fil-a game without season tickets? Or I could just ask Super-Sized to stay home and give me his tickets;)

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Can you get tickets to the Chick-fil-a game without season tickets? Or I could just ask Super-Sized to stay home and give me his tickets;)
I don't think there will be any left available through Georgia Tech for purchase without a season ticket. There will certainly be some available on the secondary market. Or ask a season ticket holder to order extras for you for that game. The problem for me was they didn't have the cost listed for extras for that game.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't think there will be any left available through Georgia Tech for purchase without a season ticket. There will certainly be some available on the secondary market. Or ask a season ticket holder to order extras for you for that game. The problem for me was they didn't have the cost listed for extras for that game.
Looking on line may not be a good option right now . Some are in the 300- 400 dollars for one ticket.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

The explanation was that they don't know the cost for extras now. If you sign up for extras, they will contact you after the cost has been decided. You could then decide to get them or not.