2017 Offseason Thread

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Kirby-Smart-doesnt-want-media-to-report-injuries-they-witness-52361311

Since Kirby Smart took over as Georgia's head coach in the winter of 2016, he's attempted to erect an impermeable wall around his program. He doesn't want players transferring to other SEC programs, and he's not too fond of journalists reporting news of player injuries, either. Smart took this approach to new heights on Tuesday, when he decreed that media members aren't allowed to report injuries that they haven't first run by the Bulldogs head coach.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Kirby-Smart-doesnt-want-media-to-report-injuries-they-witness-52361311

Since Kirby Smart took over as Georgia's head coach in the winter of 2016, he's attempted to erect an impermeable wall around his program. He doesn't want players transferring to other SEC programs, and he's not too fond of journalists reporting news of player injuries, either. Smart took this approach to new heights on Tuesday, when he decreed that media members aren't allowed to report injuries that they haven't first run by the Bulldogs head coach.
SMDH

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
OK, so tell the family right away. Why would you withhold that information? Same for our coaches.

You can't always get a hold of the parents right away. Also, I suspect some reports went out via twitter while practice was still going on.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Apparently an injury was reported publicly before the family was notified by the staff.

But come on that's a childish reaction.

Well...
KS-CS.jpg

More seriously though—given the way fawning dwag-fans in the state legislature circled their wagons around him regarding open records requests, it is no surprise at all that he would develop an inflated opinion of his own policy-making authority, and blow a relatively minor miscue out of proportion.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I think with the stiff they have as head coach i think it's very possible they lose to Notre Dame,Tennessee,Florida,Auburn and Georgia Tech.;)
It's a given every year that they will lose to Florida. I always just look at their schedule, cross off the Florida game, start them at 0-1, and then take a look at the rest of the games. It rarely fails