2017 Offseason Thread

Milwaukee

Banned
IMG_20170426_140519.jpg

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I do not mind ESPN taking a position on important (and sometimes not so important) issues. What caused their decline is cord cutting and they deserve to get hit hard as a result. Their high fees to the cable companies is the primary reason for the cord cutting.
They should go back to way it use to be and only talk sports and not politics

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
ESPN is hemorrhaging money right now from all the dropped subscriptions and how much they overpaid for broadcast rights and their new facilities. I wonder what happens to all of the conference TV deals if they go under.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Can we get this thread back on GT football, please. We have another forum for those who wish to discuss politics. The very last thing we need to do on this board is start dividing ourselves up into political party camps. That's not what this board was created for in the first place. We're all GT fans who love the Jacket football team. Let's stay in the fantasy land that unites us all. It's one of the few places that does.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Isn't PSVUE 50/mo? Same as a basic cable package or lower tier Directv with the same channels as Vue?

I'm not sad to see ESPN hurting.

It's definitely a better package of channels than you'd get through a cable company...at $65/month I get most major cable channels, all the ESPNs and Fox Sports, plus HBO & Showtime. Normally to get those channels from a cable company you have to get their biggest bundle and end up supporting QVC and a bunch of other jabroni channels that nobody ever watches. Literally the only thing it's missing is Viacom channels (comedy central for me, nick jr for kids, but at least CC has a free standalone app). Also, since it's month to month with no contract, it'd be no sweat to drop to a lower package (~$20) out of season and upgrade to the full ESPN package as needed for football season.

Here's a great moment in Georgia Tech Football here's a highlight film of the 1969 GT-UGAG game that GT won 6-0. Bubba Hoats had a hell of a game:cool:

Great memories. I took my mom to that game, the only Tech-GA game she ever attended. Took my dad to Athens in '74 for the only Tech-GA game he ever attended, and, of course, Tech won. In hinsight I always said I should have taken them to more of those games. LOL

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Great memories. I took my mom to that game, the only Tech-GA game she ever attended. Took my dad to Athens in '74 for the only Tech-GA game he ever attended, and, of course, Tech won. In hinsight I always said I should have taken them to more of those games. LOL
Maybe you should just start taking random people to games and See if we get the same outcome, I'll VOL unteer to be the first. See what I just did ;)