2017 NIT Championship Game

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't aware that Jaylen Fisher was out with a broken wrist. Surprised they beat UCF, even more surprised they did it without JF

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
TCU game will be a good barometer for us.

They've been playing pretty well. They're another tested team from a high-major BBall conference, with some good wins. Jaylen hasn't played the whole NIT and they've done pretty well. They are #34 KenPom (we're 75; Indiana 45). Their KenPom is the best in the NIT this year. They're the only team in the KenPom top 42 that didn't make the dance.

That being said, I really like our team. The D we've played most of the year should cause them grief. However, by KenPom rankings, this is the best team we've faced since ACC play, like WF (#33). It will definitely be a heat test for us.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I'm heading to NYC in the morning. Should get in around 3:30

Plan on heading to the 9/11 memorial and then head to the garden afterwards. Probably just take the train around town as I'm sure it will be busy. Flying out of Newark the next AM.

Haven't booked a hotel yet. May just wing it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Plan on heading to the 9/11 memorial and then head to the garden afterwards. Probably just take the train around town as I'm sure it will be busy. Flying out of Newark the next AM.

If you're alone, there's plenty to do at night, and then you get to airport early

I considered doing that, but I was hoping for a night owl flight back, like around midnight or 1AM. Can't believe there weren't any

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
CPast goes back to old reliable in the wardrobe watch. Wants the team to remember its roots and where it came from this year. Did you guys know we went to overtime vs. Shorter?? CPast was told he might not win an ACC game this year. Makes me think this team has zero margin for error tonight.

I'm of the opinion we aren't good enough on offense to not work hard on defense

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CPast goes back to old reliable in the wardrobe watch. Wants the team to remember its roots and where it came from this year. Did you guys know we went to overtime vs. Shorter?? CPast was told he might not win an ACC game this year. Makes me think this team has zero margin for error tonight.

That shirt needs to hang from the rafters in the Zelnak center to remind everyone of the work put in by this team!!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Have to say.. I never expected to be sitting in this position at the start of this season. CJP has almost given it a life of its own, but we really were supposed to be a reclamation project. This team has surpassed everyone's expectations through shear hard work and heart and just great team chemistry! I'm extremely confident that if Pastner is able to keep the staff together, our program will be back near the top very soon.

Also, I want to say that this year has been a lot of fun on this message board. Granted, the winning and overachieving has made it easier, but there has been a lot of great discussion and game-day chats, and the recruiting information found on this site is really second to none. It is an exciting time to be a GT Hoops fan again. Here's to the Rebirth of Georgia Tech Basketball!!

Let's go get this W tonight and hopefully we can look back at this as the springboard to becoming regulars in the NCAA tourney run.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I just realized that this is our longest winning streak of the year. We won three in a row earlier this year (Wofford, NC A&T, and UNC). FOUR GAMES IN A ROW...LET'S MAKE IT 5!!!

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Does anyone know the correlation between NIT championship and next year's performance?
They showed a graphic during the game that i believe the last 5 or 6 champions have all made the NCAA Tourney the following season.

At least 1 of the NIT Final Four teams has made the NCAA Tourney the following year every year since the NCAA took it over.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
The Vegas line has went from GT +2.5 to +4.0. I've been to Vegas enough to know they're building buildings off of gamblers' money, but I also know that Vegas has been wrong (wildly) at times about GT. Reminds me of early in 2004 season - we snuck up on people, and Vegas gave us no love. So, just thinking we're getting (Rodney Dangerfield) no respect. I got an extra 30 mins set on DVR, let's end the season the way we started - an OT win.