2017 NIT Championship Game

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
sooooo... considering where we were and where we ended up you saw us as being a slow and lazy team THAT QUIT HALF WAY THROUGH the last game of the season. surely they did this on purpose to piss you off. AND IT WORKED!

duh.

i must have watched a different game than you did. shame on me. i didnt see any of that at all. i saw a team with a tiny room for error and a small bench get beat by a team that went 9-10 deep. its not like we havent had problems all year long with games on two days rest.

may be time for you to go root for the dwags!!!!!!!

A bit aggressive...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose in hindsight the good news is... the rest of college basketball will forget who participated in the NIT championship game in about 2 weeks.

At least that's the way it's been for me, save for probably this year.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I suppose in hindsight the good news is... the rest of college basketball will forget who participated in the NIT championship game in about 2 weeks.

At least that's the way it's been for me, save for probably this year.
They will forget as soon as Final Four pregame starts tomorrow

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
IMO, if you substitute Alvarado and Haywood for Q, Heath, and Hayward last night, I would say size is more important right now. Not saying shooting is not important, but we are way too thin up front.

When your starters are 8 for 35 from the field, I'd say recruiting shooters is more important.

The 3 point rule and shot clock changed basketball. It's more of a speed game, more dribble drive and less of a power inside game. And you'd better be able to hit the 3 ball. If you can, it takes defensive pressure off the big guys.

Yes, we need to recruit a couple of bigs, but we badly need shooters. Hewitt and Gregory wanted big guards who could defend. We ended up with some athletic perimeter guys that don't shoot very well. Just think how much Lammers would score if we had three or four perimeter threats. It would also open up dribble penetration for a Jackson.

Four perimeter guys and one big who is athletic is becoming very common in CBB---and is probably what you will see under Pastner.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This game showed the obvious.Lammers HAS to be at TOP level (and out of foul trouble) for us to compete AT ALL. So we either get another competent big man or get shooters who don't need so much help -- er,see TJ.