2017 Bowl Projections

northgajacket

Banned
The 1987-1988 seasons were about as bad as the 1980-1981 seasons.

I know 1987 was 2-9 with the victories being against The Citadel and Indiana State and 1988 was 3-8 with victories over VMI, South Carolina and Chattanooga.

I don't know, I imagine 1980-1981 would have been more depressing, just my guess.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I know 1987 was 2-9 with the victories being against The Citadel and Indiana State and 1988 was 3-8 with victories over VMI, South Carolina and Chattanooga.

I don't know, I imagine 1980-1981 would have been more depressing, just my guess.
1980 was 1-9-1 with the win being against Memphis 17-8 and a 3-3 tie with #1 Notre Dame and the only win in a 1-10 1981 season was a 24-21 win over #1 Alabama.

Jmonty71

Banned
He is the biggest issue. GT HAS the talent, in place, to win the rest of the game (minus Clem and son).. But, we HAVE the talent. Question is, can we stop shooting ourselves in the foot? Fumbles, stupid, missed blocks, penalties, get some penalties (that aren't being called) and make better reads (both O and D). I think we can give Clem and son a run for their money. Their O isn't as potent. So, with that... It is really hard to guess which bowl we are going to. We can honestly go anywhere from the Peach Bowl, to the Military Bowl. It really depends on how well we minimize the errors. I think, we as fans, see the potential. I sure as heck do.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't know where we'll end up, but if any NC team has at least six wins (looks Wake is the best bet at present, doesn't it?), we'll never get a Belk Bowl bid. I'm guessing Music City if we have at least 7 wins and (yes) Sun if we have 8. They like Tech in El Paso.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I don't know where we'll end up, but if any NC team has at least six wins (looks Wake is the best bet at present, doesn't it?), we'll never get a Belk Bowl bid. I'm guessing Music City if we have at least 7 wins and (yes) Sun if we have 8. They like Tech in El Paso.
I think both Wake Forest and NCSU both win 7 games while Duke has a chance to win 8.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer