2017 Bowl Projections

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
That is good, then ND plays in Citrus and allows NC STATE the Camping World Bowl... IF We do not get a BIG10 opponent Notre Dame will be slotted in the Camping world Bowl and push everyone down and almost ensure that Tech (minus a 12th games) gets hosed, Quick Lane or Birmingham Bowl
A Birmingham Bowl matchup between 7-4 GT and 7-4 Houston wouldn't be bad

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
7-4 will get GT the Music City probably which could possibly be a matchup with Northwestern or Michigan State.
If we finish 7-4 that means we beat a very good UGA team that was ranked number 1 at one point. I think we could get the belk, but I wouldn't be surprised with the music city bowl.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
That is good, then ND plays in Citrus and allows NC STATE the Camping World Bowl... IF We do not get a BIG10 opponent Notre Dame will be slotted in the Camping world Bowl and push everyone down and almost ensure that Tech (minus a 12th games) gets hosed, Quick Lane or Birmingham Bowl... We need a 12th game... If no one wants to play us than we need to get FCS Northern Colorado to come to Bobby Dodd.... I mean if we are Bowl eligible a FCS at this point is doable.... UMASS and UTSA (Even if we go to UTSA) should be open to us...
ND could get the cotton, PlayStation, or chick fil a bowl. Which would leave NC state in the camping world. Even if ND was in the camping world we could still get a teir 1 bowl along with NC state, and VT plus 1 other ACC team.

GTFLETCH

Banned
ND could get the cotton, PlayStation, or chick fil a bowl. Which would leave NC state in the camping world. Even if ND was in the camping world we could still get a teir 1 bowl along with NC state, and VT plus 1 other ACC team.
True.... I also see Wisco, Ohio State and PSU being at large selections not to mention Pac12 & BIG12 teams...

I have no inside information.... however if a league gets left out if the CFP...I think they would get slotted ahead of ND in an at large situation... IMHO #indyhateisreal

Animal02

Banned
It seems like every year the same discussion takes place and the same erroneous thoughts are presented. It does not matter that much WRT our final record. Outside of the playoff and associated bowls, which have a "highest rank" requirement, the bowls are NOT required to take the next best team. The order in all those lists is the bowl's selection, NOT the team's standing. If the Belk Bowl prefers a NC team, they could very well take a 6-6 Wake over a 7-4 Tech because it is THEIR choice. Same with every other bowl. If they think a VT team that we beat will bring a better crowd and better ratings.....despite our beating them, they likely will take VT. Tech needs to start bring bigger crowds to bowl games if they want consistently better selection by the bowls.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The internets are full of useless information. I'm just doing my part to perpetuate the epidemic. For your analytical consumption... a full range of opinions on bowl projections follows....before Week 1 is even in the books.

To summarize.. none of these predicts Tech to be left out of the bowl schedule. None predicts them to rise to top tier (my word) or National Championship Semis. And each of these predicts Tech to end up in a different bowl game. All agree, Tech is middle of the pack in the ACC.

GO JACKETS!

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/29/preseason-bowl-projections-playoff-schedule

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...yoff-picks-alabama/1l5flhe8m7vm61lso567r1z0u4

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017...projections-schedules-game-times-preview-2017

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ons-2017-college-football-playoff-predictions
Per SI: just a curbstone opinion, but I do not believe Johnson, and maybe the others, will ever agree to playing each other in a bowl. Seems to me a lot to lose and nothing to gain, and if these offenses are not fan-friendly not sure a bowl would match them up.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Per SI: just a curbstone opinion, but I do not believe Johnson, and maybe the others, will ever agree to playing each other in a bowl. Seems to me a lot to lose and nothing to gain, and if these offenses are not fan-friendly not sure a bowl would match them up.
The Networks and advertisers also don't like it that a GT-Navy or Army Bowl game would be really short ;)

GTFLETCH

Banned
USA Today Bowl Projections 15 Nov 2017

ACC Bowls
Clemson (9-1) - CFP (Rose)
Notre Dame* (8-2) - New Year's Six Bowl (Cotton)
Miami (9-0) - New Year's Six Bowl (Orange)
NC State (7-3) - Citrus
Virginia Tech (7-3) - Camping World
Florida State (3-6) - Music City
Louisville (6-4) - Sun
Wake Forest (6-4) - Belk Bowl
Virginia (6-4) - Military
Boston College (5-5)- Pinstripe Bowl
Georgia Tech (5-4) - Independence

Projected number of ACC bowl teams: 10

Bowls unfilled by ACC: 1

Quick Lane

Link
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-in-college-football-playoff-field/857894001/

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
USA Today Bowl Projections 15 Nov 2017

ACC Bowls
Clemson (9-1) - CFP (Rose)
Notre Dame* (8-2) - New Year's Six Bowl (Cotton)
Miami (9-0) - New Year's Six Bowl (Orange)
NC State (7-3) - Citrus
Virginia Tech (7-3) - Camping World
Florida State (3-6) - Music City
Louisville (6-4) - Sun
Wake Forest (6-4) - Belk Bowl
Virginia (6-4) - Military
Boston College (5-5)- Pinstripe Bowl
Georgia Tech (5-4) - Independence

Projected number of ACC bowl teams: 10

Bowls unfilled by ACC: 1

Quick Lane

Link
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-in-college-football-playoff-field/857894001/
CBS Sports on Sunday predicted GT would play MTSU in the Independence Bowl. Those predictions aren't far off.