1 OB
2. Citrus Bowl
3. Camping World Bowl (lil citrus)
4. Taxslayer Gator /Music City Bowl
5. Sun Bowl
6. Belk Bowl
7. Military Bowl
8. Independence Bowl

Bowls I do not GT to ever be associated with.. EVER!!!
1. Pinstripe Bowl
2. Quick Lane Bowl
3. Gasparilla Bowl
4. Birmingham Bowl

Georgia Tech has to much history to ever settle for the Pinstripe, Quick Lane, Beef of Brady or Birmingham Bowls.... EVER.... Also the ACC needs to drop Pinstripe give that to the AAC and BIG12 and Quick Lane... And pick up the Liberty Bowl.... (2 for 1) Also I would switch our conditional tie in from the Beef of Brady & Birmingham to the New Orleans Bowl ( again a two for 1....

That would give us...
CFP
1 OB
2. Citrus Bowl
5. LIBERTY BOWL (Drop the Pinstripe and Quick Lane to the BIG12 AND AAC)
6. Sun Bowl
7. Belk Bowl
8. Military Bowl
9. Independence Bowl

Conditional Tie-In
New Orleans

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Ranking the ACC Bowl tie-ins..
CFP
1 OB
2. Citrus Bowl
5. Sun Bowl
6. Belk Bowl
7. Military Bowl
8. Independence Bowl

Bowls I do not GT to ever be associated with.. EVER!!!
1. Pinstripe Bowl
2. Quick Lane Bowl
3. Gasparilla Bowl
4. Birmingham Bowl

Georgia Tech has to much history to ever settle for the Pinstripe, Quick Lane, Beef of Brady or Birmingham Bowls.... EVER.... Also the ACC needs to drop Pinstripe give that to the AAC and BIG12 and Quick Lane... And pick up the Liberty Bowl.... (2 for 1) Also I would switch our conditional tie in from the Beef of Brady & Birmingham to the New Orleans Bowl ( again a two for 1....

That would give us...
CFP
1 OB
2. Citrus Bowl
5. LIBERTY BOWL (Drop the Pinstripe and Quick Lane to the BIG12 AND AAC)
6. Sun Bowl
7. Belk Bowl
8. Military Bowl
9. Independence Bowl

Conditional Tie-In
New Orleans
The ACC needs to add the Popeyes Bahamas Bowl;):cool:

GTFLETCH

Banned
Current Bowl Projections

CFP- Winner of Clemson VS Miami

OB- Loser of Clemson vs Miami
Notre Dame goes at Large (Or if OB opponent is BIG, Citrus)

Camping World (lil citrus) - NC State
Taxslayer Gator /Music City - VA Tech
Belk - Georgia Tech
Sun - Wake Forest
Pinstripe -Louisville

Military - Virginia or BC
Independence - Virginia or BC
Quick Lane - FSU or Unfilled (If they can get Bowl eligible)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Current Bowl Projections

Belk - Georgia Tech
Sun - Wake Forest
Pinstripe -Louisville

I've seen Bowl Projections that had FSU against Georgia State in the Independence Bowl. I'd love GT to go to the Belk Bowl.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
There are still several key games that could determine who's in the CFP. That will affect the bowl match-ups as much as our record.

Oklahoma still has to play West Virginia. A loss to WV could create a 4-way tie for the Big 12 title and likely mean none of them make the playoff.

The B1G East is in the same shape. If Michigan beats Ohio St, and the chances are really good the others win out, it would create a 4-way tie. I doubt any of these teams will make the playoffs but how they finish could affect the B1G bowl pecking order. Wisconsin also has to play Michigan. Iowa was only the second team they have played with a winning record. I think it is doubtful they can beat the East champ, no matter who it is. The B1G could get shut out of the CFP completely if Wisconsin loses to Michigan or the B1G CG.

I may be wrong, but I think the Pac-12 will be left out of the CFP.

The ACC and SEC still have two teams each, maybe three for the SEC. Could Auburn get in with wins over Bama and uga? Does uga still have a chance if they win out? It's hard to imagine Bama not winning out, but they have to play at Auburn and then the SECCG in Atlanta.

What happens to the ACC bowl alignment if Clemson and Miami are both in the CFP? Does the #3 team get the Orange Bowl?

I think AU is Definitely in if they beat Bama, then ugag again in secc game, no doubt.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Lamar Jackson at QB and can still only manage the Pinstripe Bowl in a year where FSU probably won't even make a bowl and you're still wanted by Tennessee fans? That is exactly why UT has been a dumpster fire since Fulmer.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Current Bowl Projections

Belk - Georgia Tech
Sun - Wake Forest
Pinstripe -Louisville

More than likely Belk takes WF. They love NC teams. I can see us in the Sun Bowl. Doubt we go to Tax bowl 2 years in a row.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Don't the bowl selections sort of try to shy away from rematches... not just from same season; but previous bowl matchups? ...or am I imagining such stuff?

Seems like matchups like this won't happen in 2017
Ga Tech v Kentucky (rematch of last year's bowl)
Va Tech v WVU (rematch of opening weekend of this year)
They generally try to avoid rematches and avoid inviting the same team multiple years in a row unless it is big name programs that will guaranteed travel (which sorry we're not in that tier) or tie ins locked a team in.

GTFLETCH

Banned
More than likely Belk takes WF. They love NC teams. I can see us in the Sun Bowl. Doubt we go to Tax bowl 2 years in a row.
Well I could see the Sun, Belk and Music City Bowl taking us... If we beat the Mutts we will get a better bowl for sure... I am not so sure Belk takes Wake... Maybe... but will Wake travel to the Belk??? They want the stadium full as possible, not sure Wake does that for them...

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm with Ryan. If we get bowl eligible, I think we go to El Paso. They like us, we like them. If we beat the Dwags, maybe Belk, but I doubt we'll ever get there unless all the NC teams aren't eligible. Also, while Wake sucks at attendance during the regular season, they actually travel well. Their fans - I know a couple - seem to think that bowls are so rare that it's a real occasion when they get one. If it's in state that's even better.

But all this is a little ahead of ourselves. First we have to lick Puke. I want us to knock the snot out of them this year.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Well I could see the Sun, Belk and Music City Bowl taking us... If we beat the Mutts we will get a better bowl for sure... I am not so sure Belk takes Wake... Maybe... but will Wake travel to the Belk??? They want the stadium full as possible, not sure Wake does that for them...
I could see Vanderbilt and Wake Forest playing in the Independence Bowl as a possibility. I think Vanderbilt if they beat Tennessee would get a Bowl game with a 5-7 record.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not doing all of them but wanted to see what some of y'all think will happen? Some of these are just wishful thinking.

Rose bowl: Oklahoma vs Ohio state
Sugar bowl: Auburn vs Clemson
Orange bowl: Miami vs Alabama
Chick-fil-A peach bowl: Wisconsin vs Notre Dame
Goodyear cotton bowl: Oklahoma state vs USC
PlayStation fiesta bowl: Washington vs Penn State
Citrus bowl: Miss St vs Michigan state
Camping world bowl: NC state vs TCU
Outback bowl: UGA vs Michigan
Tax slayer bowl: VT vs UGA
Autozone liberty bowl: LSU vs West Virginia
Texas bowl: Kentucky vs Iowa state
Pinestrip bowl: Louisville vs North Western
Hyaudai bowl: Virginia vs Stanford
Belk bowl: GT vs USC (gamecocks)

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If your Outback Bowl projection happened I hope a meteor crashes in the middle of the stadium while the teams are at mid field.
That might be the one time in my life I might want UGa to win......