2017 ACC schedule

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Deleted member 2897

“When building our conference schedule, the charge from our schools is to create a schedule that complies with our parameters to ensure competitive equity, fulfills our television obligations and maximizes exposure for ACC Football,”

I suspect this is the rationale.

Its odd that Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Louisville get no opponents who had a bye week before the game. The main teams most would think of for who would have a shot at making the CFP. No its not FSU, Wake, and Virginia. No its not Clemson, Pittsburgh, and Boston College. No, its not NC State, North Carolina, and Duke. All 3 teams are favorites at making the ACCCG.

But really, if the ACC won't even censure North Carolina when they run a fake University for several years, what should we expect?

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Its odd that Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Louisville get no opponents who had a bye week before the game. The main teams most would think of for who would have a shot at making the CFP. No its not FSU, Wake, and Virginia. No its not Clemson, Pittsburgh, and Boston College. No, its not NC State, North Carolina, and Duke. All 3 teams are favorites at making the ACCCG.

But really, if the ACC won't even censure North Carolina when they run a fake University for several years, what should we expect?
UNC will be nothing special in 2017 they will probably win 6-7 games. They've lost a ton.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Looks like midterm week will be UNC if I'm guessing correctly

Go effing figure. I was surprised UNC didn't get an open b4 our game again but the conference still managed to screw us against them. I had hoped only we were aware of the trouble we have at midterms but the conference office is obviously, and unfortunately, aware also.

Is it too late to jump into the B1G with Notre Dame?

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Go effing figure. I was surprised UNC didn't get an open b4 our game again but the conference still managed to screw us against them. I had hoped only we were aware of the trouble we have at midterms but the conference office is obviously, and unfortunately, aware also.

Is it too late to jump into the B1G with Notre Dame?
Or the American Athletic Conference;)

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Orlando is a fun trip and it's great if you've got kids because you could watch the Jackets lay a beating on the Knights and then take your kids to WDW that weekend.

Bad idea. Go to the game - great. But not WDW / Universal / SeaWorld. That would give too many GT fans an excuse for not buying tickets to a bowl game. ( We spent our budget in Orlando!)

Jeepers, I am scared to death we might someday get to the CFP. We would be the only school to not sell their allotment!

As for 2017 schedule, seems as if many are not really looking at it but just bye weeks. Chateau Elan should have such a whine fest. Hope our players do not read this preordained excuse making. As if in the last 5 years CU game had anything to do with bye week, or um in the last 9 years.

(Mikejacket the above does not mean you. The Orlando trip just cued some thoughts)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I love ya Paul, but just shut up and play. They can't stop you if the offense is executing.

Sounds like FSU has the same amount that we have.

Point is though....no reason for either GT or FSU to be thus penalized. Once every four years...meh..OK. This **** is annual though and does create an advantage.

Small things separate a W from a L. We, and CPJ, have reason to *****. Coaches in particular stand to lose jobs and millions $$ in these scenarios. 9 wins vs 7 makes for vastly different temperatures on seats.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Bad idea. Go to the game - great. But not WDW / Universal / SeaWorld. That would give too many GT fans an excuse for not buying tickets to a bowl game. ( We spent our budget in Orlando!)

Jeepers, I am scared to death we might someday get to the CFP. We would be the only school to not sell their allotment!

As for 2017 schedule, seems as if many are not really looking at it but just bye weeks. Chateau Elan should have such a whine fest. Hope our players do not read this preordained excuse making. As if in the last 5 years CU game had anything to do with bye week, or um in the last 9 years.

(Mikejacket the above does not mean you. The Orlando trip just cued some thoughts)
Yeah not having many fans at a Bowl Game looks really bad(at least to me:depressed:).

We took 20,000 + fans to Dublin. I don't think we'll have any problem selling tickets for playoff games WHEN we get there.