2017 ACC schedule

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The BYEs actually aren't that bad this year. Miami has a BYE, but so do we since it's on Thurs. I don't really care that Wake is off...so just Clemson.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I actually love the front end of this schedule. If we get through TN we will probably be 3-0 with Pitt and UNC at home to open ACC play. That's a good start man...at 5-0 that Thurs game against Miami would be HUGE.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
UT, Pitt, UNC, Miami are all in the first half of the season, and all will have a new QB. Good time to have them on the schedule.

VT will also have a new QB, but they're later in the season. New QB could find his groove by then, but we get them at home. Pretty good home slate next season.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I will say I do like our bye week placement as mentioned above. The tougher slate comes after we get some repetition as a team. It's more just annoying that it happens like this every year, and I agree that we negate miami's bye with our own and wake is wake.

It's more just the principle of the matter to be honest. If this happened once every 4 or 5 years... hell if it happened once every 3 year's I wouldn't care. The fact is it's every year.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
We'll lose at Miami... but it's okay because they'll lose to Florida State and finish 4-4... while we go 5-3, clinching the Coastal vs VT at home. Then the Duke game won't matter as we're looking ahead to Georgia and the rematch with Clemson in the ACCCG.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would like the ACC to publish all the schedule requests. Last year, they claimed they had over 30 requests from member schools and managed to honor 20 something of those requests. I really wonder how many (if any) schools specifically request a BYE week prior to playing Georgia Tech. It would appear they do...I really am curious about that stuff.

Deleted member 2897

Bye week reference:

We have 3 people have byes before us,
UNC and Duke have 2,
Pitt, UVA, FSU, NC State, Notre Dame, and Miami have 1
Clemson, Louisville and VT have 0.

HOW IN THE HOLY FFFFFF do we let the ACC get away with this every year? In CPJs 10 year tenure, we will have had our 10 bye weeks, but our opponents will have now had 20. TWENTY. And THREE this year???

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
We'll lose at Miami... but it's okay because they'll lose to Florida State and finish 4-4... while we go 5-3, clinching the Coastal vs VT at home. Then the Duke game won't matter as we're looking ahead to Georgia and the rematch with Clemson in the ACCCG.
I think GT shocks the ACC going 9-3 and winding up in the ACCCG with losses to Tennessee,Clemson and Miami. I think Matthew Jordan has a great season and GT doesn't miss a beat.