2017 ACC schedule

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
How many of y'all are going to be in Orlando for the Central Florida game?
Hmm...I have a niece in Orlando that I could go visit. She's the one that got married the weekend of the miraculous 2014 FSU home game.

On the one hand, she made me made me miss that game. :mad:

On the other hand, me being in Orlando seems to be good karma for the team.:)

On the Gripping Hand, maybe I can get my new great-niece to become a Jackets fan before her first birthday...(y)

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Hmm...I have a niece in Orlando that I could go visit. She's the one that got married the weekend of the miraculous 2014 FSU home game.

On the one hand, she made me made me miss that game. :mad:

On the other hand, me being in Orlando seems to be good karma for the team.:)

On the Gripping Hand, maybe I can get my new great-niece to become a Jackets fan before her first birthday...(y)
Orlando is a fun trip and it's great if you've got kids because you could watch the Jackets lay a beating on the Knights and then take your kids to WDW that weekend.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I suppose Clemson is beatable with Watson gone, things will certainly be different there. OK, 12-0 is best case regular season scenario :)

If we're 14-0, we'll have 1 more game and that's for the NC... so you mean 15-0 right?

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like the ACC to publish all the schedule requests. Last year, they claimed they had over 30 requests from member schools and managed to honor 20 something of those requests. I really wonder how many (if any) schools specifically request a BYE week prior to playing Georgia Tech. It would appear they do...I really am curious about that stuff.
I'd love to see that info too.

Deleted member 2897

Over the last 5 years, we are undefeated (3-0) in games after we had a bye week where our opponent didn't. THAT IS A TELLING STATISTIC.

In games where we played a team coming off a bye week when we didn't get one, we are 3-4. Keep in mind we have a winning record in ACC play over the last several years...especially if you remove the 2015 season which contributes a 1-7 record when that year we and VT played each other off a bye. Outside of 2015, we went 3-4 against teams who had bye weeks when we didn't but our combined ACC record was 20-12. THAT IS A TELLING STATISIC.

In conclusion, we are undefeated after bye weeks when our opponent doesn't get one (so don't do that), and our win percentage is 50% higher when we play teams who didn't get a bye week before us (so don't do that). Conclusion to the ACC, STOP.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The BYEs actually aren't that bad this year. Miami has a BYE, but so do we since it's on Thurs. I don't really care that Wake is off...so just Clemson.

Wake was dangerous this last year and byes like this make for upsets.

Another date of import....which weekend covers midterms? We often play horribly bad that week.

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
Did anyone notice how back loaded UVAs schedule is? They open with 4 OOC games, bye week, then 8 ACC games in a row. I'll take ours any day over that.