2016 Schedule Released !!!!

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
7 home games and y'all complaining. I thought the bye week myth has been debunked?

Agreed. 7 home games and a neutral site game. And UGA in Athens I guess is a plus because we haven't beaten them at home in 15+ years. Clemson on Thursday night after playing Vandy on Saturday sucks but did you really think we had a shot at beating Clemson? With Deshaun Watson? We don't have to play GSU before UGA, which is great. I don't see what is so bad about this schedule. Can't be perfect.

3GManageer

Georgia Tech Fan
The bye weeks are not a schematic advantage, but as we were all too familiar with last season they are an advantage health-wise. Tech has three conference opponents (divisional as well) coming off bye weeks, while five teams have zero (BC, L'ville, NC St, Miami, and UVA). Dook and Clemson are the only other teams with two. I find it hard to believe there can't be an option during the schedule creation to shift one of the open dates with one of the five teams without an ACC foe coming off a bye or the six teams with only one instance.

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
The bye weeks are not a schematic advantage, but as we were all too familiar with last season they are an advantage health-wise. Tech has three conference opponents (divisional as well) coming off bye weeks, while five teams have zero (BC, L'ville, NC St, Miami, and UVA). Dook and Clemson are the only other teams with two. I find it hard to believe there can't be an option during the schedule creation to shift one of the open dates with one of the five teams without an ACC foe coming off a bye or the six teams with only one instance.
This

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
7 home games and y'all complaining. I thought the bye week myth has been debunked?
no it's no myth. If it's a myth, then the theory that teams have a hard time prepping for us in 3 days is a myth, too. Can't have it both ways.

Imo, the whole thing has less and less meaning the longer we have this offense. It's no surprise to anybody in the ACC at this point. Now back in '08 and '09, it was a big deal.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I mean I guess UVA/ GSU are about the same difficulty of opponent, but it's definitely weird for a switch like that unless GSU is about to be the homecoming game.

I actually disagree with respect to the difficulty off UVA. They typically out-recruit us and now have a decent coach/coaching staff (from a really quick look, it seems that Bronco brought all the key pieces from his BYU staff).