2016 Schedule Released !!!!

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes they will. Georgia Southern will bring a crowd, but enough GT fans will not be excited for that game that it wont be a sellout. I predict upper north will be 1/2-1/3 empty.
Lol you must have been asleep in '14. That Georgia Southern game was packed. Hot noon kickoff in September, highest home attendance of the year 53128.

Here's a little late-game vid clip.
(worst camera-work of all time)

Last edited:
We talk about wanting to be a championship caliber team...yet complain about Duke having a week off before playing us. I know Duke has improved but they are Duke
I don't think anyone harbors any illusions about being a championship anything anymore. Unless it's the championship of the third tier of a weak conference. We can compete with Boston College, Wake and Syracuse.

Didn't need a bye week in 2014 and we were able to "hang with" Clemson 28-6, jerk.
Now, now. I was in attendance at the game you reference. We were a pretty good team in 2014. Deshaun Watson went down early. Stoudt, the back up gifted us with two pick sixes. Maybe you don't remember that. But you just keep on believing. Maybe we will run the table this fall, and it will be all rainbow butterfly uniform kittens at the Flats.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Now, now. I was in attendance at the game you reference. We were a pretty good team in 2014. Deshaun Watson went down early. Stoudt, the back up gifted us with two pick sixes. Maybe you don't remember that. But you just keep on believing. Maybe we will run the table this fall, and it will be all rainbow butterfly uniform kittens at the Flats.
While Watson was playing, Clemson went: 3 and out; short drive after a turnover for a field goal; and another short drive before getting injured. If he wasn't injured and Clemson called the same rollout right, throwback left, would he have seen the safety in the end zone as a threat to make the play on the 15?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We were a pretty good team in 2014. Deshaun Watson went down early. Stoudt, the back up gifted us with two pick sixes. .

ok, If you are going to poo-poo away our win in '14 because of injuries to the other team, can you give our whole '15 team/season the same excuse?

Every season is different, Clemson looks like world beaters but I bet you we will give them all they want in the ATL this fall

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
While Watson was playing, Clemson went: 3 and out; short drive after a turnover for a field goal; and another short drive before getting injured. If he wasn't injured and Clemson called the same rollout right, throwback left, would he have seen the safety in the end zone as a threat to make the play on the 15?
Exactly. It wasn't as if Stoudt tossed up a wounded duck, or threw into obvious double coverage; Jamal Golden came out of nowhere to pick that pass, specifically because he recognized the play from film study—and he said as much in the post-game press conference. Even Watson would likely have thrown the INT on that same play, in that same situation.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Absolutely - Golden recognized the play and burst on the ball so fast that the blocker never had a chance. No doubt Watson would've thrown the same pick-6.

Watch the best replay at the 27:00 mark going into the 2nd quarter.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
In case anyone wanted absolute confirmation the alumni website has the Duke game as homecoming weekend. From a logistical standpoint this is good bc it'll get the homecoming bump for attendance where there normally isn't much. To be honest though.. I like playing tough games for homecoming. With the exception of the BYU fiasco we generally win our homecoming game and over the last like 8 years we've had some insane homecoming games.
#4 VT #5 Clemson, #9 FSU. It's pretty crazy when you look at our recent home record against top 10 teams, its pretty crazy. During the CPJ era I think he's 3-1 at home against top 10 (loss to VT on a thursday night), but on the saturday night games he's 3-0. I kind of like Bobby Dodd being a death trap for top teams like that.

I guess you don't remember that Watson didn't play defense, and we moved the ball at will on them.