2016 Schedule Released !!!!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
no it's no myth. If it's a myth, then the theory that teams have a hard time prepping for us in 3 days is a myth, too. Can't have it both ways.

Imo, the whole thing has less and less meaning the longer we have this offense. It's no surprise to anybody in the ACC at this point. Now back in '08 and '09, it was a big deal.
Don't know about the "myth" business. However, a couple of years ago in Sporting News, I think, preseason magazine for the ACC they had a feature in which several assistants commented on whatever team that article was covering. Of course, they were anonymous but at any rate, one of them said that Tech was the absolute worst team to face on a normal or quick turnaround because I assume the difficulty of simulating the speed of the option in practice.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow

Man, at first I was upset with that graphic. I was squinting to see which games were home/away while counting by 7 in my head. Then I got Clemson & was relieved. I finished reading the schedule with ease, after which I peeled an orange in one peal (my only god-given talent).

On the basis of this, my first impression of the 2016-17 GT schedule, I predict the following:
  1. A rough 3-0 start
  2. A triumphant victory over Clemson & a greater appreciation for colors (JJ Green?)
  3. Winning out the remainder of the season
  4. Orange Bowl domination

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Man, at first I was upset with that graphic. I was squinting to see which games were home/away while counting by 7 in my head. Then I got Clemson & was relieved. I finished reading the schedule with ease, after which I peeled an orange in one peal (my only god-given talent).

On the basis of this, my first impression of the 2016-17 GT schedule, I predict the following:
  1. A rough 3-0 start
  2. A triumphant victory over Clemson & a greater appreciation for colors (JJ Green?)
  3. Winning out the remainder of the season
  4. Orange Bowl domination
... I will have what you're having[emoji3]

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Compare this schedule to last year as far as opponents:
1) Boston College instead of FSU - way way easier.
2) Vanderbilt instead of Notre Dame - way better chance for a non-conference win (against the SEC no less).
3) Georgia Southern instead of Tulane - better winnable game.
4) Toughest opponent Clemson at home in [white-out] national showcase game.

Sure the little intricacies aren't super ideal, but from a competition perspective I'd say we couldn't hope for better chance to rebound coming off a 3-9 season.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Check out everyone else important games. Imo we got the best draw

Miami:

10/1 - @ GT
10/8 - FSU
10/15 - UNC
10/20 - @ VT
10/29 - @ ND
11/5 - Pitt

UNC:

9/3 - @ UGA (Dome)
9/10 - @ Illinois
9/24 - Pitt
10/1 - @ Fl St
10/8 - VT
10/15 - @ Miami

Dook:

10/14 - @ Louisville
10/29 - @ GIT
11/5 - VT
11/10 - UNC
11/19 - @ Pitt
11/26 - @ Miami

Pitt:

9/10 - Penn State
9/17 - @ Ok St
9/24 - @ North Carolina
10/27 - VT
11/5 - @ Miami
11/12 - @ Clemson
11/19 - Dook

VT:
9/3 - Tennessee (@Bristol Motor Speedway)
10/8 - @ North Carolina
10/15 - @ Cuse
10/20 - Miami
10/27 - @ Pittsburgh
11/5 - @ Duke
11/12 - GT
11/19 - @ ND

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Got no problem with the schedule myself. Clemson earlier in the season while we are still healthy is much more valuable than a 5 day turnaround.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Got no problem with the schedule myself. Clemson earlier in the season while we are still healthy is much more valuable than a 5 day turnaround.
A good point. It might also be wise to catch them early, while they are still figuring out the new defense where they lose five starters to the NFL.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I think this schedule is less demanding than last year's. 3 of the 5 most challenging conference games are at home. I am excited to see how we are going to turn it back around.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
The problem is that while we're playing an SEC team the Saturday before, Clemson is strolling through Krispy Kreme.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah even South Carolina beat Vanderbilt last season. Sure they're no SC State but pretty close. It's the kind of winnable game we'll get more credit for than we should. Kinda like if we beat Georgia Southern it should be viewed better than beating Tulane last year.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yeah even South Carolina beat Vanderbilt last season. Sure they're no SC State but pretty close. It's the kind of winnable game we'll get more credit for than we should. Kinda like if we beat Georgia Southern it should be viewed better than beating Tulane last year.
Are you saying beating Tulane was harder than Georgia Southern? Kind of out there I would think.