2015 jerseys

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Adidas is my last choice. Have you seen Louisville and Tennessee? I hate what adidas has done with them.

I don't mind russel at all and if had to vote to change then I'd vote UA mainly for what they have done with Notre Dame and Navy. They would hopefully treat us the same way. The Navy ones UA has made special for them are just beautiful and the standard Notre Dame unis are clean and sleek.

I think Rusell is fine for now no need to buy out the contract just to swithc. Better to wait till it expires then shop around.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Whoa, whoa, whoa there Earth People. Couple of questions.

It, from the article, appears that a private corporation is suing - minor detail.

But this Georgia Tech Research outfit - is that part of the Institute? If so, did these inventors work for GT Research? And if part of GT - did that make them employees of GT , to also read state employees beholding to the taxpayers? Also meaning those inventions are property of the state?

And IF SO, who is this GT Research to transfer taxpayers property to a private company. And were either of these Doo-Wops, technically, professors? Again, IF SO, did they teach anybody squat, or just sap money off taxpayers only to be given property not belonging to them?

Just asking.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

It, from the article, appears that a private corporation is suing - minor detail.

But this Georgia Tech Research outfit - is that part of the Institute? If so, did these inventors work for GT Research? And if part of GT - did that make them employees of GT , to also read state employees beholding to the taxpayers? Also meaning those inventions are property of the state?

And IF SO, who is this GT Research to transfer taxpayers property to a private company. And were either of these Doo-Wops, technically, professors? Again, IF SO, did they teach anybody squat, or just sap money off taxpayers only to be given property not belonging to them?

Just asking.

Sorry for repost.

gtduck

Georgia Tech Fan

Just asking.

Sorry for repost.
No idea about the suit, but Georgia Tech Research Corporation is the contracting arm of Georgia Tech. They're affiliated, but are also separate (as in I believe they even have a separate DUNS number from Tech). They're who all the sponsored research contracts go through as well as who "owns" all of the patents that GT produces. Effectively it's a department full of lawyers and contracting officers.

As far as the patents being sold, I'm honestly not quite sure how often that happens, but could see it happening if it's viewed as more profitable to sell the patent, than to try and market it. I believe that most of the time though in cases like that, they shoot for more of a licensing deal.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
No idea about the suit, but Georgia Tech Research Corporation is the contracting arm of Georgia Tech. They're affiliated, but are also separate (as in I believe they even have a separate DUNS number from Tech). They're who all the sponsored research contracts go through as well as who "owns" all of the patents that GT produces. Effectively it's a department full of lawyers and contracting officers.

As far as the patents being sold, I'm honestly not quite sure how often that happens, but could see it happening if it's viewed as more profitable to sell the patent, than to try and market it. I believe that most of the time though in cases like that, they shoot for more of a licensing deal.
They are a huge benefit to Tech. They help find practical and lucrative applications for lots of things developed by students and profs and bring money back to the Institute.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Nut the article did. Ot say, if i read correctly, that the patents were sold but, rather, GIVEN to this private Corp. a corp owned by former GT employees.

Just does not seem to be enough "arms length" to guarantee a clean situation.

Regardless - can they design Jersies?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
As said, GTRC is the contracting part of GT. The research is handled both by faculty (in individual schools) and at GTRI (GT Research Institute). GTRC has the authority to negotiate intellectual property rights, including patents. Many times, entrepeneurially-minded faculty (including research faculty) get involved with ATDC (Advanced Technology Development Center?), which is an 3-yr. incubator for high technology companies evolving from GT research.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck