2/14 - GT @ Wake Forest

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Man this is disgusting basketball on every level. I practically hardly ever watch Wake and I know all they can actually do is hit 3's yet we constantly try and play zone. So many awful turnovers. What a completely different team both coaching and on the court vs last year. Offensively we're about the same but damn is out defense disgusting to watch.

I take it by hardly watching wake you also mean tonight. We were in man the majority of the night and only went zone when foul trouble forced the issue.

GT_EE78

Banned
Man this is disgusting basketball on every level. I practically hardly ever watch Wake and I know all they can actually do is hit 3's yet we constantly try and play zone. So many awful turnovers. What a completely different team both coaching and on the court vs last year. Offensively we're about the same but damn is out defense disgusting to watch.

i'm still irritated they gave cjp an extra year. I think it's get to dance by year 4 or move on.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
We easily have the least talent in the acc right now bench play is pitiful rest of the way maybe tough

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
yea, always wondered about jester cuz he had some decent HS stats like a 20/10 guy but maybe that was in a lower division or small school league. Mario west is the only walkon that i recall ever seeing serious minutes
Jester had those stats playing at Sandy Creek. In other words, pretty good competition.

As for other good walk-ons: Matt Causey.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Right around the time the game came on TV, it was like 26-24 Wake and they had been called for 6 fouls to our 1.

Then all of a sudden, we were apparently fouling every other possession while they weren't fouling at all, and a 2pt game became a 10pt game.

AD played the first half without fouling, but fouled 3 times in the first 4min of second half.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Ugh. The last few games have been some of the worst basketball we have played in along time. Guys not giving the effort needed, especially on defense and rebounds, and our offensive shortcomings are painfully obvious. I feel bad for them, but I am still confident that CJP can right the ship. It's been a tough season. Go Jackets!

Deleted member 2897

After starting 3-1, I never thought my 6-12 prediction might be too aggressive. Sigh.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I have yet to watch the game but:

1-6 in true road games this year with the average margin in those losses being 11. That was with JA.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Brutal season, and it doesn't look like its going to get any better. I think we all had hoped for more. I am hopeful however that the younger members of the team will take their "lumps" and come back stronger and more hungry next year.

Having a healthy JA will help a lot

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The game at UVA next week could be flat out embarrassing. Hopefully we can score more than the 8 we put up in the first half vs them a few years ago under BG. Not sure if it was only 8, but I know it was something stupidly low.