2/14 - GT @ Wake Forest

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I think we beat Wake.

I assume Okogie runs point and we roll with a 7 man rotation (JO, Alston, Tad, Lammers, AD, Wright & Cole) Our front court should be able to handle Doral Moore and Thompson / Mitchell. Moore is very foul prone, so would be good to try to get him foul trouble early. Their offense is basically a plethora of guards who love to penetrate or chuck threes. The only one who is > 40% from three is Wilbekin who sucks pond water. Seriously, he's awful. Crawford has a habit of playing really well for 38 minutes and then making boneheaded plays to lose the game in the last two. Childress is very streaky, so I hope he has an off game. Chaundee Brown hasn't played as well as I expected him to, but he was one of my favorite HS kids last year. He has skills and he plays hard.

I look for Okogie to put up 25+ with 6+ assists. Tad or the suddenly popular and BBIQ gifted tandem (Moses and Evan) will need to step up and provide secondary scoring.

I think we could get out of there with a 5 point win

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Fox Detroit has it! I’m gonna take my wife out for Valentine’s Day and little does she know the game is tomorrow. When we sit down at the restaurant/bar I’ll say “Holy ****! The games on!” Happy Valentine’s Day to me!
I’m telling her

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Just found out I'm staying at the same hotel the team is arriving at shortly, and they're having dinner here at 8:30pm. Good thing I am already wearing a Georgia Tech shirt. Might just have to randomly have to come walking by...

If you see Pastner, take a step back, put your right hand in your pocket and stick your left hand in front of you and scream, "I'VE GOT MACE!!!!!"

Deleted member 2897

See if they invite you to dinner. Just don't get pissed if CJP asks you to let the players eat first :p
HA HA HA HA HA!

I ordered room service, and the dude walks in with the food and asks, “Are you here with the basketball team?” And I’m like huh? He had just gotten done setting up all their rooms and noticed that I was wearing a Georgia Tech shirt. I mean, I’m a 40-something year old 5’10” white guy, so it certainly wasn’t that I looked the part.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
HA HA HA HA HA!

I ordered room service, and the dude walks in with the food and asks, “Are you here with the basketball team?” And I’m like huh? He had just gotten done setting up all their rooms and noticed that I was wearing a Georgia Tech shirt. I mean, I’m a 40-something year old 5’10” white guy, so it certainly wasn’t that I looked the part.

"With the team" is not "on the team"

Deleted member 2897

I only took it one notch down to Stalker Defcon 4, that's all the guts I had. I figured if they're eating at 8:30, all the guys would be standing around asking where dinner was at 8:15. I guessed right. On the 4th floor on the way down, the door opened and I think it was Malachi Rice and Jon Brown who got on. Really nice guys. Downstairs Ben Lammers and Gueye were walking around. Gueye was having trouble getting WiFi working on his phone so I had to stand in line with my Diet Coke and Snickers bar behind him for awhile - the lady at the desk had like 17 inch nails, so she wasn't much help. I about gave them my Hilton Honors info just to speed it along. CJP was walking around on his cell phone the whole time - he saw my GT shirt and waved hi...his arm was stuck up at a 90 degree angle like he was Beck Weathers waking up frozen the next day and his cell phone was super glued to his face. I didn't want to bother anybody, so I just marveled one last time at how tall Lammers and Gueye are and wandered on.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I only took it one notch down to Stalker Defcon 4, that's all the guts I had. I figured if they're eating at 8:30, all the guys would be standing around asking where dinner was at 8:15. I guessed right. On the 4th floor on the way down, the door opened and I think it was Malachi Rice and Jon Brown who got on. Really nice guys. Downstairs Ben Lammers and Gueye were walking around. Gueye was having trouble getting WiFi working on his phone so I had to stand in line with my Diet Coke and Snickers bar behind him for awhile - the lady at the desk had like 17 inch nails, so she wasn't much help. I about gave them my Hilton Honors info just to speed it along. CJP was walking around on his cell phone the whole time - he saw my GT shirt and waved hi...his arm was stuck up at a 90 degree angle like he was Beck Weathers waking up frozen the next day and his cell phone was super glued to his face. I didn't want to bother anybody, so I just marveled one last time at how tall Lammers and Gueye are and wandered on.
I was like you, last week at Louisville. Star Struck!!! Lammers and Gueye are truly skyscrapers!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CJP was walking around on his cell phone the whole time - he saw my GT shirt and waved hi...his arm was stuck up at a 90 degree angle like he was Beck Weathers waking up frozen the next day and his cell phone was super glued to his face.

Either busy 'crootin or on the phone with his lawyer. Or both...

GT_EE78

Banned
I think we beat Wake.

I assume Okogie runs point and we roll with a 7 man rotation (JO, Alston, Tad, Lammers, AD, Wright & Cole) Our front court should be able to handle Doral Moore and Thompson / Mitchell. Moore is very foul prone, so would be good to try to get him foul trouble early. Their offense is basically a plethora of guards who love to penetrate or chuck threes. The only one who is > 40% from three is Wilbekin who sucks pond water. Seriously, he's awful. Crawford has a habit of playing really well for 38 minutes and then making boneheaded plays to lose the game in the last two. Childress is very streaky, so I hope he has an off game. Chaundee Brown hasn't played as well as I expected him to, but he was one of my favorite HS kids last year. He has skills and he plays hard.

I look for Okogie to put up 25+ with 6+ assists. Tad or the suddenly popular and BBIQ gifted tandem (Moses and Evan) will need to step up and provide secondary scoring.

I think we could get out of there with a 5 point win
If Ogbonda and Moore aren't available we may only have those seven for the remainder of this season.