2/11 - dook @ GT

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You’re seeing desire from both (especially Cole) but neither are ready

They combined for 19 points and 12 rebs and plenty of hustle plays on the defensive end. Neither are ready to start but more are, and have been, ready enough to play and get some experience. Glad they finally got an opportunity. Hate that it was because of Jose going out.

slugboy

Staff member
Caught the last 10 minutes. Two thumbs up [emoji106][emoji106]
Love the effort. Love that we looked better on offense and defense.
(Unrelated: autocorrect keeps suggesting “minuets”, as if I’d catch the last 10 minuets of a game)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I’ll keep saying it. Cole and Wright need to get some minutes in real games. Let them break a sweat in the game and then let their play in the game dictate how much time they get. They’ve got to cut their teeth in ACC play at some point.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Didn't quit. Not what we hoped for, HOWEVER was proud of the team's resilience and being able to cut the 26 point deficit to only 11 come the end of the game.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
This all falls on Coach Pastner. If these kids had been getting atleast 10 minutes a game, maybe it wouldn't have taken half the game for them to shake off the nerves!! Hell, who knows how many close games we could have won if they had been put into rotation earlier!!! But it does give me hope.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
This all falls on Coach Pastner. If these kids had been getting atleast 10 minutes a game, maybe it wouldn't have taken half the game for them to shake off the nerves!! Hell, who knows how many close games we could have won if they had been put into rotation earlier!!! But it does give me hope.

Not sure they were ready for action in a close game. This was a fantastic opportunity for both and I'm so happy for them.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think Cole or Wright would’ve changed a single outcome we’ve had but given the fact that we have nothing to play for, postseason wise, they need to get some run.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
GT's Box Score
upload_2018-2-11_20-28-20.png

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Both should have been playing all season and I’m not saying this because of tonight. It was known early on that this would be a tough year and that there would be no redshirts. They should have been getting minutes to prepare them for the next few years.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Cole and Wright brought energy into the game. Both need to be in the rotation some. I thought Ben looked more like last year version with Gueye on the bench. We looked bigger with those two in there and had better outside shooting that Gueye doesn't have. Hate to lose Jose. This has been a tough year in FB and BB. I thought the WBB record would be better too. The only true competitI've team is the golf team. Cross my fingers BB will be decent this year.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Some of y'all need to relax. There's a difference in playing in a close game and playing down 20+. I do think this gave them some confidence by being able to play losel though. Wright looks like he could be really good. 1 TO between the 2 was impressive.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Several of us have been wanting Cole and Wright to get some PT. Maybe they will now. This season is basically for pride now.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I thought we handled their press pretty well with Jose out. I am sure K was using that as prep for the tournament but we did a pretty good job against it with Cole and Wright on the floor w/o Jose.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Big tip of the cap to Evan. He did a nice job staying on Allen and making it tough for him to get an open look. Stayed in front of him on the bounce, too. That's flat out effort and I loved seeing it.

No moral victories but there were some positive things to take from this one

Sucks that Jose got hurt. I gotta believe he will rehab like a beast and come back stronger and ready to lead the team next season