2/11 - dook @ GT

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
This all falls on Coach Pastner. If these kids had been getting atleast 10 minutes a game, maybe it wouldn't have taken half the game for them to shake off the nerves!! Hell, who knows how many close games we could have won if they had been put into rotation earlier!!! But it does give me hope.

Just some insight as to what has been happening with MW and EC.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
I should have been more clear - he is out but not for injury.
A lot of people are saying Ju Moore will transfer at the end of the season - if he plays this spring and transfers, he will have to sit all next season. Whereas if he does not play this spring and transfers, he only has to sit for Oct, Nov, and part of Dec before he's able to play. Likely a decision he's made with the staff, but I absolutely respect him for supporting his teammates and being as engaged as he is on the bench.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
A lot of people are saying Ju Moore will transfer at the end of the season - if he plays this spring and transfers, he will have to sit all next season. Whereas if he does not play this spring and transfers, he only has to sit for Oct, Nov, and part of Dec before he's able to play. Likely a decision he's made with the staff, but I absolutely respect him for supporting his teammates and being as engaged as he is on the bench.
I feel like you just made that rule up

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I read that on the AJC as well.

NCAA has some WEIRD rules. So the guy is still at GT, but is "redshirting" part of the year so he only has to sit the first half of ANOTHER team's season.

OK, NCAA...

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wasn't aware of that rule, but it makes sense.
If a kid transfers mid year they are eligible after fall finals end the next season. So it sounds like if you do not play after fall semseter ends then they put you effectively under that same rule. That's actually beneficial for an SA, color me surprised.

So Justin basically gets an extra semester of work done at GT and then is eligible sooner than if he played. Also works in that mid year transfers tend to have to be done quickly, but with this you can take your time to find the right place - and potentially have more options as schools get you eligible to play after just a couple of months rather than having to wait a full year.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's an interesting tweet thread from Demetra as it goes back to an argument of whether Cole and Wright should have been getting min earlier.
His argument is that they played relatively well last night because they were in this development program and not playing in games. Others would say it would be more beneficial to get them min on the court.
Both have merits and since you can only choose one path you can't really prove either.

Deleted member 2897

The ACC can kiss my big fat ***. Had kid stuff last night, so couldn't watch the game. Just watched the ACC highlights on YouTube. We lost by 11 points, but you would have thought it was 80-0. Not a single Tech basket or steal or any positive play was shown in the entire video - not a single one.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Just some insight as to what has been happening with MW and EC.

Okay, I know this has been asked, but what is the deal with Ogbonda? Why is he not playing at all? He already redshirted, and it was said that he improved a lot before the season.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's an interesting tweet thread from Demetra as it goes back to an argument of whether Cole and Wright should have been getting min earlier.
His argument is that they played relatively well last night because they were in this development program and not playing in games. Others would say it would be more beneficial to get them min on the court.
Both have merits and since you can only choose one path you can't really prove either.

Pastner has always talked about effort and energy, amongst other things. The one thing that stood out to me about both Cole and Wright last night was the tremendous efforts they gave.

If I recall, that seemed to be the reason provided as to why they weren't seeing more playing time. Good to see the message is getting through. They both took advantage of the opportunity.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC can kiss my big fat ***. Had kid stuff last night, so couldn't watch the game. Just watched the ACC highlights on YouTube. We lost by 11 points, but you would have thought it was 80-0. Not a single Tech basket or steal or any positive play was shown in the entire video - not a single one.
To be fair, the game was pretty much out of reach from the 12 min mark in the first half. But to your point, we certainly had a few highlight-worthy plays (Cole and Wright putback dunks come to mind) - also, Josh deserves more recognition than a footnote in the mini box-score for a game-high 29 points.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Okay, I know this has been asked, but what is the deal with Ogbonda? Why is he not playing at all? He already redshirted, and it was said that he improved a lot before the season.

Ogbonda has a sprained knee. I read it recently but can't remember the source or I would provide a link.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ogbonda has a sprained knee. I read it recently but can't remember the source or I would provide a link.

You're not doing it right. Just cite 'multiple sources' or 'unnamed sources' next time. Nobody'll call you on it. And if they do, cite journalistic integrity(sic).

Isn't that taught at orientation at the 4-letter network? :D

(Ah c'mon, you lol'd.)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That was the most exciting blowout I have ever watched/enjoyed.

When Cole World(the nickname he likes)

was in 10th grade I told him once he makes it, to karate chop Grayson Allen in the throat. Sadly, he did not follow my orders....but he did one better. He sent his weak stuff packing twice with a bs foul call taking one away. But my favorite play was when he fouled him hard on a drive and made him earn it at the line.

When he threw that putback down and the crowd was chanting his name, I got goosebumps man. He showed a flash of what to expect in the future: energy & hustle off the bench, and knocking down the open 3. And I gotta say he was the best player out of 7A tonight(South's & Milton's league) *shots fired at #15* I gotta say, I am proud of my chick-fil-a dealer!

Moses was also electric, with a couple nice blocks, and jumpers to go with some impressive rebounds and a monster put back. Energy cannot be taught, put it with skill, and we will be cooking.

Losing Jose was terrible, but if I had to bet on 1 person on this team to come back even stronger, it would be Ballerado.

Okogie was the usual Okogie but I was impressed with the leadership he showed in the 2nd half directing and talking with the youngsters. You can tell they actually listen and value what he is saying.

Tad, AD, Lammers, Alston(basically our upperclassmen)....not much to say. Jackson had a nice move on Carter. Lammers gave solid effort and made a few nice rebounds, was running with a limp again...sadly not the same player as last year. Gueye. Can't make anything or hold onto the ball. Its a shame, I felt like he was just starting to turn the corner. Hopefully it is just a little slump and that hook comes back.

& I gotta say, for someone who is leaving*rumored* ;) Justin Moore is the most excited and supportive bench warmer I have ever seen. Major S/O to him. If the coaches decide to give him run, I will support it.

I look forward to us finishing the season with max effort and seeing our players' continued growth and development!

Did C-Breeze just coin the name 'Ballerado'?

... respeck

(I'm pounding my chest and pointing to the sky like Sammy Sosa used to)

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I really hated that! We should let acc digital networks know about that BS! the media coordinator has to be a duke fan!

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Justin Moore should be at Tulane, who he committed to originally. He's not made for the ACC, he's too busy hanging out in clubs and with the rap group "Migos" to get better in the gym.....

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Justin Moore should be at Tulane, who he committed to originally. He's not made for the ACC, he's too busy hanging out in clubs and with the rap group "Migos" to get better in the gym.....
That's a little unfair - not sure how close you are to the program, but I'm guessing you're basing this decision largely off of what you see on social media. Very few of us have insight into what goes on behind the scenes, who's putting in how much work, etc.