1/20 @ UNC

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We are just short of talent and esp size at times.If we played a near perfect game,it would be just close probably up there.MUCH better effort than vs uva.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
JA, Tadric and AD show a good bit of emotion on the court imo. Josh is extremely aggressive but doesn’t show much emotion. Alston and CGB are pretty stoic. Ben is another story. I was talking to @JacketGirl about this today. I feel like it’s not in his personality to be very aggressive, but that probably plays to our strength as a team. If he plays more aggressively on defense, he would probably end up having a lot more games like the wake game last year and riding the pine due to foul trouble (Collins got a lot of bs calls in that game). He has a great knack for avoiding contact on defense while still affecting a lot of shots. Offensively, sure I’d like to see some more aggressiveness, but I can’t complain too much. He has been the catalyst for our team for two years, and I’m not looking forward to replacing him.

Before I got off on that Lammers tangent, my original post was meant to say that not all players are going to be emotional. I love what JA brings to the table and wish that all our players had that fire, but the reality is, not everyone has that same makeup and that is fine. Some people play better by drowning out everything around them, some feed off emotion.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
wow, just realized I forgot to post the unc article....I was too busy talking trash and watching Georgia State put that beatdown on Southern !! #RealGSU

I said UNC by 12 and a big day for Joel Berry along with Lammers..we saw how that turned out.

Is there video of what Jose did? I'm not sure what happened but I will probably be proud.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Fouled berry on a drive then stepped over him. Played it off well as he made it look like he was going to high five one of our players, but he did it intentionally which I loved. Fire. No call initially but after tv Teddy had a look at it, he had to make it clear to Joel that there were no hard feelings after the last incident.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I was gonna be all indignant and call for someone to investigate but, of course, we all know that'd result in a chasm of nothingness.

F*ck them and anyone willing to align themselves with them (#seewhutididthere).

Impartiality was just a rumor today. There was a clear agenda w.r.t. one player and it was flat out shameful.

Or they’d find out while investigating that we donated food to a pantry that went to Okogies ex girlfriends stepfathers in-laws uncle and consider it an extra benefit and give us the death penalty.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
wow, just realized I forgot to post the unc article....I was too busy talking trash and watching Georgia State put that beatdown on Southern !! #RealGSU

I said UNC by 12 and a big day for Joel Berry along with Lammers..we saw how that turned out.

Is there video of what Jose did? I'm not sure what happened but I will probably be proud.

It’s all over twitter including in my feed

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch

Also for your viewing pleasure: a short sequence of D'Marcus Simonds baller plays from today

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Or they’d find out while investigating that we donated food to a pantry that went to Okogies ex girlfriends stepfathers in-laws uncle and consider it an extra benefit and give us the death penalty.
They wouldn't have to make it nearly that convoluted...they'd simply give us the death penalty because of Carolina's sham classes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Also, wth is up with tv Teddy getting cjp’s face today? I guarantee he won’t be hugging josh and sitting beside him explaining his blown calls like he did for ole Roy before the game today. Such a lack of disrespect for the game and a total emotional hack job to be honest.

Careful. You don't want to get on @mstranahan bad side ....

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Just got back to ATL after attending the game. You all saw it the same way it looked from court side -- the refs were terrible, and the winning margin was due to the amazing disparity in foul shots. Our rebounding certainly needs to get much stronger, but a lot of UNCheat offensive rebounds and put backs were over the backs of our guys. One of the the refs (not TV Teddy, the other goofy looking one) was particularly biased against Tech in his calls.

And speaking of UNCheat, they spent the entire halftime giving "teaching awards" to UNC profs! Talk about IRONY . . . but the crowd dressed in baby blue failed to see how strange it is to celebrate teaching at a place that really should lose their accreditation!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Love it. Now if we can give his attitude to the rest of the team, we will be in buisness.
Also not pictured... UNC fans violently boo'd Jose every time he touched the ball for the last 5 minutes. Surprising for two reasons: 1) Is that really worth getting that upset about? 2) Tar Heels fans actually put their wine glasses down and made noise.

(kidding on #2... it can actually get loud in there... but gotta play to the stereotype when venting)

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually thought he may approve of that. Seriously though, the love that was given to berry and ole Roy before the game, to try to smooth things over for the fiasco last week, definitely spilled over into the game today. I’m not one to place blame on the refs, I’m just one to place blame on tv Teddy. To be that unstable emotionally, talking about retiring after what happened last week, and then showing that kind of affection for Joel and Roy before the game, no wonder so many calls went against us today. I wish when AD had his arm around him, he would’ve just put a sleeper hold on him at least.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Also not pictured... UNC fans violently boo'd Jose every time he touched the ball for the last 5 minutes. Surprising for two reasons: 1) Is that really worth getting that upset about? 2) Tar Heels fans actually put their wine glasses down and made noise.

(kidding on #2... it can actually get loud in there... but gotta play to the stereotype when venting)
If Jose ends up being loathed by every team in the ACC, we should be in a good position.
He is quickly becoming my favorite player and brings a swag that we really need.