1/20 @ UNC

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Season gonna get ugly if they can't improve on offense. It would be nice if they had a real point guard who created for everyone instead of Lammers having to be a creator and Alvarado having to effectively play shooting guard in Pastner's stupid system.

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
Can’t have 8 turnovers in a half. I’m surprised we are only down by 7. Need to hit some of these wide open 3s.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Season gonna get ugly if they can't improve on offense. It would be nice if they had a real point guard who created for everyone instead of Lammers having to be a creator and Alvarado having to effectively play shooting guard in Pastner's stupid system.

What would you change in the system to have JA10 acting as a true PG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Got within 5 and TV Teddy took over. Not sure how it's a charge when feet are moving and a player is falling backwards. No over the back rebounds called on one side and if we pull it down cleanly it's over the back. The Alvarado call was bull too. He had a whole hand on the ball basically rejecting the shot for a block and the UNC guy acted out. Of course he's going to get stepped over.

crut

Helluva Engineer
I realize this is bold to say - but we win that game if the refs don't suck. It was THAT bad. The quantity of incorrect calls was insane. Is was sort of all summed up when UNC had a possession where they got to keep the ball after 3 consecutive whistles, and all 3 calls were incorrect.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Shooting, turnovers, and assists were about equal. They out rebounded us but we were better defensively. Big difference was the FTAs. Part of that was earned, but the refs played a huge role and while they were probably not the difference in the outcome they are the reason the game wasn't closer at the end. UNC played better but only slightly.

Anyways, we have to change something. We need to get Haywood some easier looks to try and get him into a good shooting rhythm. He has not attempted a 2 point shot since returning from injury and his outside shot just isn't falling reliably. Defense he is there and makes some nice plays, but on offense he is next to useless, and Alston is next to him. Alston has no business starting. I know people argue that Jackson is best off the bench but we're flat out wasting time with Alston out there. He should only be out there when a wing absolutely needs a breather and we have no other choice. Also, as odd as it is to say, we badly miss Moore. Alverado can't keep going 40 minutes, and we have no other PG option. I get the feeling he won't be back but it would be a boost just to be able to rest Jose a bit and let him go a little more all out when he is in there.