1-1 with Todd Stansbury. What should I ask him?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Used to get those at Kool Korner until the health department finally closed it down for good.
After his wife passed away, the guy moved to Birmingham (Was in there a few years ago).

I don't think they got shut down by the health department but the building got sold if I remember correctly.

slugboy

Staff member
A few ideas:
  1. Maker Faire moved to Decatur. It was nice on campus, and using the stadium for part of it would be a great use of space. Get it back on campus, and get part in the stadium.
  2. Wish there was a track in the stadium, to host north Georgia track championships.
  3. Wrong season, but would rather see the high school playoffs in HBDS@GF than in the GA Dome.
  4. High School soccer games (playoffs) in the Spring.
  5. Lacrosse, too.
  6. Festivals--art, music, movie screenings. Work with the Hill to get things that make campus life better too. Grow a community, even if it's of people who like Grateful Dead tribute bands.
  7. I've seen some fancy stadiums (FSU has some nice brickwork), but they all look dreary in the concession area behind the stands. If you want to use the stadium during the off season, the area that's not the field should be fit for something more. In a stadium, they just aren't. Get the architecture students to figure out how to use that space better and make it look better.
  8. Put an ice rink up in February.
  9. Set up a temporary science museum under the stands. Or a history museum. Bring kids in for field trips. Use it to make our state a better place. Or Robotics competitions. Our education system needs help.
  10. Shame DragonCon is in the Fall--they could use the space.
  11. The Knoxville Marathon ends at the 50 yard line of Neyland Stadium. Starting and ending races at the stadium isn't a bad idea.
Big idea isn't just using the space--it's making Tech part of the community and the community part of Tech. Get people used to getting to campus and seeing something valuable to do there. Using the stadium is just a side benefit. And it's something the administration should be interested in too.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
After his wife passed away, the guy moved to Birmingham (Was in there a few years ago).

I don't think they got shut down by the health department but the building got sold if I remember correctly.
LOL. The health inspector shut the store down about every 6 months for roaches and other infestations. Don't know why they finally closed, but I heard it was due to repeated health violations. Still the best cubans in the ATL.

yellowjacketjosh

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok mine is one sentence. Tell him to LOWER da PRICES so that more people can be in the stands. People don't want to pay $50 a ticket for a GT game, and they watch it on TV. Get them in here so we can have a good and fun atmosphere for our football players.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Ticket prices are likely set by season ticket holders.

More tickets sold at lower prices may not balance out season ticket holders at higher prices (who may decide to buy cheaper single game tickets)

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but ask about alcohol sales at football and basketball games.

I thought it was a conference rule to not allow it, but I saw tons of fans at the Syracuse game drinking beer in the crowd. Plus it seems possible since they allow it in the premium sections.

The revenue from this would be huge.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Carrier Dome is an off campus facility. So they can sell beer. Even some on campus venues are selling alcoholic beverages now (U of Texas Football, WVU Football are two big ones.). It's an institutional decision.

After Sunday night's experience at BDS with United, I really hope GT reconsiders beer sales. They are leaving substantial money on the table there.

Lowering GT FB ticket prices is a Catch 22. It may cannibalize existing season ticket sales. And there isn't enough "additional" demand from GT fans in the market. We really need to do a better job of rewarding existing students to go to (all of) the football & hoops games. If they get in the habit of going as an undergrad, it is higher probability they will purchase tickets as a local alum.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Carrier Dome is an off campus facility. So they can sell beer. Even some on campus venues are selling alcoholic beverages now (U of Texas Football, WVU Football are two big ones.). It's an institutional decision.

After Sunday night's experience at BDS with United, I really hope GT reconsiders beer sales. They are leaving substantial money on the table there.

Lowering GT FB ticket prices is a Catch 22. It may cannibalize existing season ticket sales. And there isn't enough "additional" demand from GT fans in the market. We really need to do a better job of rewarding existing students to go to (all of) the football & hoops games. If they get in the habit of going as an undergrad, it is higher probability they will purchase tickets as a local alum.
I thought the Carrier Dome was off-campus too. When I checked to verify, it said it was on the Syracuse campus.