1-1 with Todd Stansbury. What should I ask him?

crut

Helluva Engineer
The addition of ATL based cuisine to McCamish this season has been cool. How about the same for Bobby Dodd? It could increase direct revenue by having more appetizing options, but also helps the brand by fostering relationships within the city and pushing GT as Atlanta's team.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Since this thread is, in part, a wish-list of questions, here's another: Any chance or interest in trying to resurrect the old "JV" game on Thanksgiving (or any other date)? If CPJ and the staff aren't interested, so be it, but -- if seen not only as a charitable fund-raiser but also an opportunity to get lesser-used 2nd teamers as well as 3rd-teamers and scout-team guys into a real game, cool. (Unfortunately, under current NCAA rules, a redshirt can't play even in a JV game without losing the redshirt status, but still it could be good for so many of the players who seldom if ever play in a regular varsity game.)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Since this thread is, in part, a wish-list of questions, here's another: Any chance or interest in trying to resurrect the old "JV" game on Thanksgiving (or any other date)? If CPJ and the staff aren't interested, so be it, but -- if seen not only as a charitable fund-raiser but also an opportunity to get lesser-used 2nd teamers as well as 3rd-teamers and scout-team guys into a real game, cool. (Unfortunately, under current NCAA rules, a redshirt can't play even in a JV game without losing the redshirt status, but still it could be good for so many of the players who seldom if ever play in a regular varsity game.)
A jv game is essentially a joint practice. How can that possibly lose one's redshirt?

The addition of ATL based cuisine to McCamish this season has been cool. How about the same for Bobby Dodd? It could increase direct revenue by having more appetizing options, but also helps the brand by fostering relationships within the city and pushing GT as Atlanta's team.
The Sonny's Barbeque at the dome is good, although a bit expensive.

After freshmen became eligible for varsity play, they had a JV game for a few years, but the allure wasn't there, and attendance dropped considerably until it was finally dropped. As good an idea as it is, Tech, Georgia, and the NCAA would all have to get on board----not very likely.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I am a current student who will be meeting with Todd in a few weeks. He specifically asked me to look for ways to use Technology to innovate at Georgia Tech (his example was Gatorade at Florida) and how to monetize the football stadium when its not being used in the fall.

Of course I will be talking about GTGould out (the Pitt goldout game had a great student section by the way).

What else do you want me to ask/request of him?
Try to get him to get behind a gold/white identity for our program. Maybe not innovation, but our fan base is so scattered that we look like we hav no GT fans at games.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm talkin' one of these:
CS-Cuban-Sandwich-1024x556.jpg

Slow roasted Cuban pork, sweet deli ham, dill pickles, swiss cheese, and yellow mustard served hot pressed on real Cuban bread made with lard. Add genoa salami if you want the Tampa version. The sandwich originated in Tampa in Ybor city. The Cuban and Italian immigrant cigar workers ate 'em in droves. (the Italians introduced the salami.)
That's it!! Ate one of those over at the West Tampa Sandwich shop a couple of days ago. Mmmmmm! Had something labelled as a "cuban" at a Ansley Country Club wedding reception 6-8 months ago. I am still not sure what was in it, but it sure wasn't this!

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm talkin' one of these:
CS-Cuban-Sandwich-1024x556.jpg

Slow roasted Cuban pork, sweet deli ham, dill pickles, swiss cheese, and yellow mustard served hot pressed on real Cuban bread made with lard. Add genoa salami if you want the Tampa version. The sandwich originated in Tampa in Ybor city. The Cuban and Italian immigrant cigar workers ate 'em in droves. (the Italians introduced the salami.)
Im half cuban so i like to think i know my cuban foods and such but.... for any cuban sandwich fans go to Papis. Game changer, might be the best sandwich is the sandwich game. Tell um i sent ya

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That's it!! Ate one of those over at the West Tampa Sandwich shop a couple of days ago. Mmmmmm! Had something labelled as a "cuban" at a Ansley Country Club wedding reception 6-8 months ago. I am still not sure what was in it, but it sure wasn't this!
Used to get those at Kool Korner until the health department finally closed it down for good.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Since people keep bringing up food from other places, I offer:

http://deadspin.com/the-great-american-menu-foods-of-the-states-ranked-an-1349137024

This is informative and hilariously funny. I especially like what they say about Michigan pasty. I've had it. It's all true.

Georgia comes through with flying colors, I might add.

I read this entire article, but disagree strongly with some of his entries.

Cinci chili is delicious.
Deep dish pizza is just JV lasagna.
San Diego style burritos are better than San Fransisco style burritos.
New Mexico stacked enchiladas are probably number 2 on the list.
Fried Okra is terrible.

I read this entire article, but disagree strongly with some of his entries.

Cinci chili is delicious.
Deep dish pizza is just JV lasagna.
San Diego style burritos are better than San Fransisco style burritos.
New Mexico stacked enchiladas are probably number 2 on the list.
Fried Okra is terrible.
TOTALLY disagree that deep dish pizza is JV lasagna----not even close. And I love me some fried okra. If you don't like that, then I'm sure you don't like stewed okra either....LOL

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
TOTALLY disagree that deep dish pizza is JV lasagna----not even close. And I love me some fried okra. If you don't like that, then I'm sure you don't like stewed okra either....LOL

Man, I did undergrad in the deep south, and ate meals at the fraternity house, I have my and your share of okra, and it's just awful. There is no good way to prepare okra. Whoever decided that Okra was a good food to eat had messed up taste buds, and everybody since then has just decided to carry on his lie out of kindness.