1-1 with Todd Stansbury. What should I ask him?

Man, I did undergrad in the deep south, and ate meals at the fraternity house, I have my and your share of okra, and it's just awful. There is no good way to prepare okra. Whoever decided that Okra was a good food to eat had messed up taste buds, and everybody since then has just decided to carry on his lie out of kindness.
No lie at all. I LOVE both fried okra, and okra cooked in a pot of butter beans or field peas. And don't forget gumbo; okra is prime ingredient of gumbo. Personally, I prefer fried okra to french fries; much more tasty.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I love all people. I especially appreciate people who like option football.

But, if you don't like fried okra, there is somethin wrong with you, and you need to assess your life.
The sliminess of okra not properly prepared is almost as bad as getting runny egg white in a fried egg. It gives me the willies. The only things I like okra in are étouffée and gumbo.

How in the world have you not been to Neal's living in Augusta??????? Gawd man that's crazy :ROFLMAO: BTW Neal's BBQ and Brunswick are SO good!!!!

And I agree with you about okra, we can't do anything about these yankees :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I had never even heard of Neal's until about 6 weeks ago, when a former roomie of mine from Augusta and now living in Des Moines sent me a review of the place. I guess Augusta has it's fair share of excellent BBQ restaurants that a place 20 miles away just never caught my attention. And how do you, living in Atlanta, and formerly Tenn, know about the place?

How in the world have you not been to Neal's living in Augusta??????? Gawd man that's crazy :ROFLMAO: BTW Neal's BBQ and Brunswick are SO good!!!!

And I agree with you about okra, we can't do anything about these yankees :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
BTW, you mentioned "Brunswick" in what you said. From what I have gathered, they serve hash over rice there, and, as I said in another post, those are two completely different dishes.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I had never even heard of Neal's until about 6 weeks ago, when a former roomie of mine from Augusta and now living in Des Moines sent me a review of the place. I guess Augusta has it's fair share of excellent BBQ restaurants that a place 20 miles away just never caught my attention. And how do you, living in Atlanta, and formerly Tenn, know about the place?

My first wife was originally from around that area ;)

I managed to leave the stew off the Brunswick ;) and yes, Brunswick Stew and Hash are 2 separate dishes!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So, we are recommending that Bobby Dodd hosts a "Taste of Atlanta" with live local bands?