1-1 with Todd Stansbury. What should I ask him?

Deleted member 2897

Each home game they should do a 50/50 raffle. The Lighting do it here every home and it seems that it raises a decent amount of money each game. People sell ticket before the game an during the game until mid way through the 3rd period. Towards the end of the 3 period they draw a number. The winner gets half the $ and the charity gets the other half. Gt could do it and the $ could go to football program. I think The way they get around laws for gambling is that your money that purchases the ticket is actually a nondeductible tax donation. They could have people in the different parking lots before the game selling tickets. It's not going to raise millions of $ but could be enough to pay for an extra football staff member. Have a contest for student organizations for attendance at the game. The winner each week will get "Jacket pizza" at the stadium. Make it more of a party atmosphere during timeouts, like throw out T shirts in all the sections and good current music. Sell customized jerseys at the game, the Lighting sell jersey that you can customize. It is the same as players wear, not the cheap crap at Walmart. work on merchandise as a whole. Ps if he uses any of this I want credit!!!!!

I'm going way back in my cobwebs, but I think also 50% or more has to go to charity.

They could rotate local charities every game. Women's shelters, homeless shelters, Boys/Girls clubs, etc.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I'm going way back in my cobwebs, but I think also 50% or more has to go to charity.

They could rotate local charities every game. Women's shelters, homeless shelters, Boys/Girls clubs, etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the at fund is a charity. If not I think the fact that the money is a donation to begin with it is ok. If not maybe instead of giving money give some other prize sideline pass....

Deleted member 2897

Correct me if I'm wrong but the at fund is a charity. If not I think the fact that the money is a donation to begin with it is ok. If not maybe instead of giving money give some other prize sideline pass....

Oh oops, yup you are correct. Donations to the AT Fund are tax deductible. So it would technically be split all between charities either way.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I would ask him what he plans on doing to try and get people to the stadium before kickoff. I was at the Clemson home game a couple years ago, the one Watson got hurt, and I was embarrassed how empty the stadium was before and even at kickoff, especially the student section. If we can't fill the student section prior to kickoff vs a big time national opponent and rival, that's pretty pathetic.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I would ask him what he plans on doing to try and get people to the stadium before kickoff. I was at the Clemson home game a couple years ago, the one Watson got hurt, and I was embarrassed how empty the stadium was before and even at kickoff, especially the student section. If we can't fill the student section prior to kickoff vs a big time national opponent and rival, that's pretty pathetic.

Take a clue from CJP and raffle a couple of TV's, Mopeds or something. Raffle would be for students only, held 15 minutes before kick-off and must be present to win.
Maybe make a game out of it, have two/three possible winning tickets announced per prize, the first student to reach the prize from the crowd wins ... the "race" part of it would be entertaining for everybody.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
OK, if you're not afraid of looking like an idiot, here's another out of the box suggestion: realign the football divisions every year based on the previous season.

If FSU and CU are the two best teams in one year, put them in separate divisions the next year. 1 crossover games can be played based on the same principle as used in seeded tournaments. Coastal 1 plays Atlantic 7. The other can be used to keep a permanent rival or add a match-up that hasn't been seen in few years.

This would allow the ACC to continue to follow the letter of the law regarding divisions and championship games, as well as get conference teams to play each other more regularly.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Second thing I'd do is partner with sports equipment companies to evaluate and prototype their new stuff. Heaven knows we should have a ton of on campus support that can set up tests, etc ...................................
IIRC we are studying concussions but are we studying improved head gear or impact detection gear. Are we doing anything like FSU a couple of years ago and monitor real time bio-metrics of players during activities to determine if they are in a zone of potential injury? https://www.technologyreview.com/s/425551/the-latest-sports-stat-players-vital-signs/; http://onlinemasters.ohio.edu/how-wearable-tech-is-transforming-a-coachs-decision-making/; http://sports-biometrics-conference.com/

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Use predictive analytics to predict how tired players/opponents are. This could suggest when/who to substitute as well as where to attack a defense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Take a clue from CJP and raffle a couple of TV's, Mopeds or something. Raffle would be for students only, held 15 minutes before kick-off and must be present to win.
Maybe make a game out of it, have two/three possible winning tickets announced per prize, the first student to reach the prize from the crowd wins ... the "race" part of it would be entertaining for everybody.
When I was a student, mid to late 80's, the fraternities had a huge role in stadium on game day. Each fraternity had two blocks of students, one in flash cards (now the empty club seats) and another in the student section. There was also a "rat track" where the pledges sat and built human pyramids before the game. The rest of the student body arrived early, too.

Now I know we're never going back to those traditions, however, it behooves the school reach out to the fraternities to give them a real presence inside the stadium on game day. If not, they're drink and socialize on their front lawns halfway into the first qtr.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
So a couple of ideas.

1. Start something like IPTAY. I particularly like the idea that surfaced on one of our boards for FEM (fifty every month). This makes little donations bigger and more powerful. Another fun acronym could be TECH (Ten Each CHance).

2. Find a way to convince the hill to share roll call logs with the AD. Also prove that good sports improve academics and that it is more important for Tech to be Tech and not MIT. In other words, if they want us to be world leaders for the next 25 years and have people ask "What would Tech do?" we should be forging our own identity, not trying to copy other schools "because that's the way its always been done".

3. Produce shirts like these, but Tech oriented:
THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE
2 NOBEL LAUREATES,
7 RHODES SCHOLARS,
6 PULITZER PRIZES,
10 ASTRONAUTS,
WE ALSO PLAY A LITTLE FOOTBALL

4. Rent spaces around the stadium for coorporate events such as the press boxes and the various plazas. This can include Stansbury's new party idea.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
First, is there a way for alumni can help in the recruiting WITHOUT pay.Why can't volunteers be used to collect data(referrals from friends or alumni,connections to Tech, fball play ,stats, interest in Atl or Tech ,, ..etc), on players from all over the country and put in a database that can be upgraded by more volunteers with information so the next level of recruiter administrator can zero in on the best potential candidates.We HAVE to be missing some guys somehow or not following -up on them..

Have the MBA program at Tech use the AthAdmin as a class project to improve operations just like this EVERY yr or two.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
If you are going to do that (love the idea by the way), you better make sure it is a real cuban - not some Atlanta interpretation served on french bread with odd sauces and filling.

Dude, let me tell you about Atlanta "interpretations".

I was visiting a friend down in Atlanta a few years ago, and she was all "oh, Atlanta is a foodie town", and I was super excited because I'm a fat slob who loves to eat. First morning I'm there, she takes me to this place called the "dead hornless ram", or "the gunshot deer", or some such nonsense, and they had poutine. I was hung over because the night before she took me to the most sacrilegious bar in the world, so poutine sounded delicious and satisfying.

What I got was "poutine". It was an interpretation of poutine. It was like thin shaved potato straws with some frou-frou fancy cheese on top, and like a lamb gravy on top, or some other such nonsense. I had three bites and was like "....lets to go mcdonalds where I can get an egg mcmuffin and a hashbrown and know what I'm getting".

My notion of your town has been ruined since.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If you are going to do that (love the idea by the way), you better make sure it is a real cuban - not some Atlanta interpretation served on french bread with odd sauces and filling.
I'm talkin' one of these:
CS-Cuban-Sandwich-1024x556.jpg

Slow roasted Cuban pork, sweet deli ham, dill pickles, swiss cheese, and yellow mustard served hot pressed on real Cuban bread made with lard. Add genoa salami if you want the Tampa version. The sandwich originated in Tampa in Ybor city. The Cuban and Italian immigrant cigar workers ate 'em in droves. (the Italians introduced the salami.)