“Branding” and “Marketing” ...

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
612F5660-35B2-4CC0-ADF2-44AB1B96DDAA.jpeg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
IB, that 404 gold white players w swagger is a winner!
Please Gtaa.
Kids are leaving the farm/rural small towns for the large city.
1. While at gt get great degree and intern w with a fortune 500 in Atl .
2. Return to work @ fortune 500 in mega city near u :
Either after nfl
Or right after grad.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Being a brand is a must. You want people wearing GT logo labeled clothing just because it's cool. You want to attract casual fans. We must be a household name. Similar to Alabama, Michigan, Ohio state, Oklahoma, USC. We have the ability, not one GT AD or coach has thought to throw the whole checking account at it. Which is what we must do. It could blow up in our face if not done carefully and skillfully, but IT IS THE ONLY WAY to get us to be a national title contender.

I want to see people wearing GT clothing who know nothing about the school, than have people not wear it and be supporting another teams brand. Bought merchandise is free advertising, and sales. Only helps a program.

I want the city of Atlanta painted in gold, and I want collins to meet with the fortune 500 companies in Atlanta and get some fundraising, and some creative donations going. I expect a TON of work from this man and his staff. Better put up.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
OK, let’s go pay WalMart $5 million to stock their stores with GT shirts and caps, and let them sell ‘em for 99 cents apiece. They’ll be so dirt cheep that many, many po’ folks will snap ‘em up!

Under this contract, WalMart will gain a huge profit margin of approximately $4.995 million. And what do we (GT) get in return? Lots of branding and marketing!

We can also do the same contract with Waffle House. Wow! Just think of the market saturation for the GT brand!

Yay!

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
OK, let’s go pay WalMart $5 million to stock their stores with GT shirts and caps, and let them sell ‘em for 99 cents apiece. They’ll be so dirt cheep that many, many po’ folks will snap ‘em up!

Under this contract, WalMart will gain a huge profit margin of approximately $4.995 million. And what do we (GT) get in return? Lots of branding and marketing!

We can also do the same contract with Waffle House. Wow! Just think of the market saturation for the GT brand!

Yay!
Honestly that would be great.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Would one of you gold and white thumpers (Supersize, Gold1, etc) please visit the bookstore and raise hell, because the school colors in there are gray and navy. I went in there yesterday before the bball game to get new GT shirts for my wife, daughter and son and I left (pissed off) with 1 gold t-shirt, 2 gray t-shirts, and 1 gray hoodie. I refuse to buy anything navy. When I complained to the sales clerk, she said there was no gold merchandise because everything is being replaced with "our new gold color". Wasn't that supposed to happen like a year ago? Thanks Adidas. She also said that the students prefer the darker colors. I don't know what she was basing that on, but I frankly don't care what color an 18 year old freshman from Thailand prefers. Get them in here, put a gold sweatshirt on them, teach them the traditions, and get them to go to the games and raise hell.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Would one of you gold and white thumpers (Supersize, Gold1, etc) please visit the bookstore and raise hell, because the school colors in there are gray and navy. I went in there yesterday before the bball game to get new GT shirts for my wife, daughter and son and I left (pissed off) with 1 gold t-shirt, 2 gray t-shirts, and 1 gray hoodie. I refuse to buy anything navy. When I complained to the sales clerk, she said there was no gold merchandise because everything is being replaced with "our new gold color". Wasn't that supposed to happen like a year ago? Thanks Adidas. She also said that the students prefer the darker colors. I don't know what she was basing that on, but I frankly don't care what color an 18 year old freshman from Thailand prefers. Get them in here, put a gold sweatshirt on them, teach them the traditions, and get them to go to the games and raise hell.
I've emailed them numerous times. I'll get their recent response and post it on here. You're right the bookstore is RIDICULOUS

Last edited:

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Here is the Bookstores response.

"Adidas did not have much stock available in gold this year. Going forward for next football season they did add more gold to their assortment and we have ordered every possible gold item they carry. Those items will start to arrive over the summer. Currently we do have many gold items available from other vendors such as Champion and Under Armor, if you would let us know what you are looking for we may be able to offer some suggestions."

Happy Holidays,

Reshma Patel

Store Director

Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Gold1, thanks for sharing the Bookstore email response. Glad you have let them know your preference for more gold gear. The part of their response that says they have many gold items from other brands besides Adidas is BS. There is literally almost none by any brand. I would put it at about 10%. I could care less if the gear is from Adidas. Personally, I think that Adidas is crap. Champion is just fine by me, since they are one of the few brands that will actually still make a shirt of freaking cotton (GASP!!!).

Gold1, thanks for sharing the Bookstore email response. Glad you have let them know your preference for more gold gear. The part of their response that says they have many gold items from other brands besides Adidas is BS. There is literally almost none by any brand. I would put it at about 10%. I could care less if the gear is from Adidas. Personally, I think that Adidas is crap. Champion is just fine by me, since they are one of the few brands that will actually still make a shirt of freaking cotton (GASP!!!).
I complained while in there a few years ago, and their response was.....well, let's just say it was meaningless and forgettable. There actually were quite a few offerings in gold by other companies when I went there prior to a game this past fall. Maybe they only stock up on stuff like that during the season. Regardless, the book store is pathetic.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing I would like to see Collins push is a "we will play anyone, anywhere" mentality as part of the brand. With the offense now changing, if that was a reason we were an unattractive opponent, Id start shopping us around. Smart is doing this at UGA, and its how Bowden built up FSU. Great players want to play other great players and teams.

RWGT87

Georgia Tech Fan
A Georgia Tech IPTHAY (I Pay Three Hundred A Year) program can achieve it.

Under an IPTHAY fund-raising program, it will only take 1,667 GT non-alumni fans (i.e., sidewalk fans) to achieve this goal on an annual basis.

Each person to make this donation will receive an official "Gameday Gold t-shirt" to wear at Bobby Dodd. This may help turn the stands gold.
Each person wearing a Gameday Gold t-shirt at the game will receive 10% off all concessions purchased before kickoff (to help them get to their seats early).

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
As an out of tower my family has been to the bookstore 3 times since we switched to Adidas. I’ve walked in expecting to spend upwards of $100 or more each time. Each time we walked out with nothing. All we wanted were gold shirts, hoodies, etc. and they had nothing I wanted to buy. This is just another brick in the wall of tempered expectations by an experienced Tech man.

LibertyTurns

Banned
As an out of tower my family has been to the bookstore 3 times since we switched to Adidas. I’ve walked in expecting to spend upwards of $100 or more each time. Each time we walked out with nothing. All we wanted were gold shirts, hoodies, etc. and they had nothing I wanted to buy. This is just another brick in the wall of tempered expectations by an experienced Tech man.
Same here. Went to bookstore every home game. This was the first year I bought nothing new in over a decade.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

I honestly don’t believr anyone is managing this. An experienced brand manager should handling all of this. It’s not up to the bookstore as much as it is the licensor (Tech).

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I honestly don’t believr anyone is managing this. An experienced brand manager should handling all of this. It’s not up to the bookstore as much as it is the licensor (Tech).
So who's the person to contact to let them know?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

Yay!

Its basically free marketing.... people will be wearing the colors.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
One thing I would like to see Collins push is a "we will play anyone, anywhere" mentality as part of the brand. With the offense now changing, if that was a reason we were an unattractive opponent, Id start shopping us around. Smart is doing this at UGA, and its how Bowden built up FSU. Great players want to play other great players and teams.
After next year (2020) , I like the idea a lot .

It would be great if we can get to play in metro areas where we can recruit.