“Branding” and “Marketing” ...

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes, value propositions take millions of research. Others are surprisingly simple.

Every Bama game I watch with my family, the question is always “How did the Smart Kids do?” When asking the GT score.

Some think we should run away from being elitist. I think we should embrace it. Moreover, we can back it up. JMO

Hardly anyone cares to take the time to look past the initial perception.

If you watch/listen to interviews with players from Clemson, AL, etc., and then compare that to how GT players sound in an interview, there really isn’t any difference. They have some guys that speak eloquently. So do we. They have some guys who don’t. So do we.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes, value propositions take millions of research. Others are surprisingly simple.

Every Bama game I watch with my family, the question is always “How did the Smart Kids do?” When asking the GT score.

Some think we should run away from being elitist. I think we should embrace it. Moreover, we can back it up. JMO
Embrace elitism? No thanks

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
One more important point: Under my IPTHAY proposal, any GT sidewalk fan can become a valued GT IPTHAY Club member at a membership fee of only $25 a month.

And it will count as points toward the purchase of season tickets.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Hardly anyone cares to take the time to look past the initial perception.

If you watch/listen to interviews with players from Clemson, AL, etc., and then compare that to how GT players sound in an interview, there really isn’t any difference. They have some guys that speak eloquently. So do we. They have some guys who don’t. So do we.

I wasn’t referring to media relations. Take Clemson. The Number One Major: Undecided. Number Two: Pre-Business. Number Three: Parks and recreation.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Embrace elitism? No thanks

Like it or not, GT is an elite school. Embracing your DNA is not a bad thing.

One of the most powerful branding strategies you can use is the “UN-x” strategy. 7-up isn’t a lemon lime soft drink. It is an “UN-cola”. Clear, immediate differentiation.

Being the “UN-factory” is similar. Just sayin ...

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Like it or not, GT is an elite school. Embracing your DNA is not a bad thing.

One of the most powerful branding strategies you can use is the “UN-x” strategy. 7-up isn’t a lemon lime soft drink. It is an “UN-cola”. Clear, immediate differentiation.

Being the “UN-factory” is similar. Just sayin ...
Ok doesn't mean we should embrace being elitist. That's been the problem with the program

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Ok doesn't mean we should embrace being elitist. That's been the problem with the program

Reading this board, the TO was the problem with the program. No wait, it was the defense. No, it was Special Teams. It was academics. It was limited majors. It was (insert noun).

The US Marine Corps is elitist. Many are called. Few chosen. That’s Georgia Tech.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Reading this board, the TO was the problem with the program. No wait, it was the defense. No, it was Special Teams. It was academics. It was limited majors. It was (insert noun).

The US Marine Corps is elitist. Many are called. Few chosen. That’s Georgia Tech.
Guess i should've said one of many problems

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Comparing the marines to GT? Lol oh my gosh

Animal02

Banned

Certain posters would throw integrity, academics, morals etc under the bus for a football powerhouse. They need to go about 35 miles up the road. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow

“Calculated Chaos” I could get behind that. I like how almost everything CGC has tweeted has a tie to ATL. The city and institute are tied interwoven with another. Let’s show it!

LibertyTurns

Banned

There’s a difference between embracing our academics and just being flat out dicks about it every second of the day.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I don’t believe I said anything about being a ****. Maybe you were thinking of someone else.
Sorry, I was agreeing with you. I just think when GT fans talk about academics we need to stop acting like we’re the only school in the universe that has a smart kid on the roster. We may have a lot more & our kids may be way smarter on average but we have special admits just like Stanford, Northwestern & Harvard. It’s possible we have less special admits, but there’s no way to know wat the private schools are really doing.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I was agreeing with you. I just think when GT fans talk about academics we need to stop acting like we’re the only school in the universe that has a smart kid on the roster. We may have a lot more & our kids may be way smarter on average but we have special admits just like Stanford, Northwestern & Harvard. It’s possible we have less special admits, but there’s no way to know wat the private schools are really doing.

Ok. Got it. They way I look at it ... GT is the only research university of it’s type in the world that fields a competitive D1 football program. Caltech doesn’t. MIT doesn’t. Carnegie Mellon doesn’t.

We should be proud of that. The best in the classroom and on the field.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Ok. Got it. They way I look at it ... GT is the only research university of it’s type in the world that fields a competitive D1 football program. Caltech doesn’t. MIT doesn’t. Carnegie Mellon doesn’t.

We should be proud of that. The best in the classroom and on the field.
We should really play up the jobs our guys get after graduation. Not sure why we never seem to do this at a level that’s recognizable or significant.