“Branding” and “Marketing” ...

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
We should really play up the jobs our guys get after graduation. Not sure why we never seem to do this at a level that’s recognizable or significant.
I think we have done this, but on a limited budget which limits our geographic reach. We’ve gotten some hard-working good players, but not many great players who want a chance at the NFL, but more likely a fall back plan. Not to mention there is a wide variety of fall back plans that might appeal to different players, and we don’t offer as many options as large Universities. I also don’t believe this tactic would generally be very effective with the blue chippers who are convinced they’ll be making NFL money regardless of education.

Animal02

Banned
I think we have done this, but on a limited budget which limits our geographic reach. We’ve gotten some hard-working good players, but not many great players who want a chance at the NFL, but more likely a fall back plan. Not to mention there is a wide variety of fall back plans that might appeal to different players, and we don’t offer as many options as large Universities. I also don’t believe this tactic would generally be very effective with the blue chippers who are convinced they’ll be making NFL money regardless of education.
And the blue chippers (and those with friends and fans whispering in their ears that they are blue chippers) will not chose the Tech route simply because they don't want to "play school" while waiting for their NFL paycheck.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Great strategic marketing here
2ADF82BE-6A60-46C8-A6F3-6966B9B200E7.jpeg

Only us and Tennessee is doing this and the reception has been received well

1AC947CA-AB5A-49B4-8251-95F04EDF19C1.jpeg

Position GT as Atlanta’s team is great as well. This is how you cultivate sidewalk fans

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
And the blue chippers (and those with friends and fans whispering in their ears that they are blue chippers) will not chose the Tech route simply because they don't want to "play school" while waiting for their NFL paycheck.
And I don’t think they’re wrong to do so. At any big university you can get a great education and preparation for future after football, but at GT there is no choice but to get a great, rigorous education, and in a very narrow STEM based curriculum. I think there are certain players for whom the academic rigors of GT would be a draw, but for more of them they can get the type of education they want elsewhere with the option of virtually no school at all if they (or their coaches) decide that’s what’s best for them.