“Branding” and “Marketing” ...

Animal02

Banned
Ok on the hard financials. But maybe on soft issues like exposure, recruiting etc.
I would love to see an end to FCS games. I have posted before, that FCS games should not count toward the playoffs, but count toward bowl eligibility.....let the lower levels schedule them and separate the contenders from the pretenders.....until then....it is all about the $$$$$.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
It’s called
D68C5B54-25EA-4C87-B9CA-8A74CFE1FF4E.jpeg
“getting it”.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Per NCAA, a key factor of attendance is opponent quality. I would assume if we played Ohio State, the stadium would sell mor tix than Alcorn St.
Ok look at it like this if your Ohio State why would you want to play Tech when you can still fill your stadium playing a MAC team and lose one home game that one season you have to play here. That is the reason the teams that we play use are the Vandy's USF, and Tulane's of the world. It has to be a two street. ( look at it if you are the other team)

LibertyTurns

Banned
But the extra game every other year is a bigger difference.
I don’t really care if it’s a money loser. The program will be better off overall if we play a full competitive schedule every year. GT would replace your two BS $50 games (Acorn St, etc) with one $75 great game. I’m not even sure there’s a revenue difference. The game would likely be at night and we wouldn’t roast our asses off. Good tv exposure & yes branding.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Even after 3 or 4 wins a year ? Hell we couldn't full the stadium after the 1990 season in 1991
We were at 90% capacity or better at home in 1991 every game but one and that was Wake. And remember we have to give some tickets to the visitors which we can't sell as season tickets.