1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

‘Ol CPJ’s GT spread option offense

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by GTRambler, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

Quoting a post that includes the word narrative is also a drink.

*takes a drink

2. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

what are you talking about?

3. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

Problem solved. Level headed people stay off message boards.

4. GTRambler

GTRambler Helluva Engineer

LOL! I’m glad I started this thread. Lots of entertaining and interesting responses, and, uhhhh, narratives, too.

No, I wasn’t “trolling.” Just stating what the scoreboard said.

5. Milwaukee

drink

6. RickStromFan

RickStromFan Helluva Engineer

You are the one who clearly says above "Lawrence and most of the 1st string offense was still playing. Go watch it. "

Lawrence WAS NOT part of the 1st string offense. I was only pointing out this out as the attempt to paint Lawrence as the starter when Clemson played us is Fake News.

GT14, knoxjacket and MikeJacket1967 like this.
  7. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Hopeless.

ThatGuy and alentrekin like this.
  8. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

That's right. What I meant to say was that they only scored 3 points in 3 quarters.

9. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

He was after our game . last season is over move on. New coaching staff new season

10. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

It's the American way?

☠CaptainBuzz☠ and Animal02 like this.
  11. RickStromFan

yes, I pointed both of those things out.

12. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

He already was the lead QB. What happened after our game is that Kelly Bryant was going to be completely relegated to the bench instead of just being a part time player. So he quit and dropped out of school. Coming into the Georgia Tech game, Trevor Lawrence had played 50% more than Kelly Bryant: 18 drives versus 12.

alentrekin likes this.
  13. okiemon

okiemon Helluva Engineer

Good question. I’m not sure, but I think it may mean “I don’t agree with you, but I don’t have a logical argument against what you said, so I’ll just accuse you of having a narrative.”

But I’m open to it meaning something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. okiemon

okiemon Helluva Engineer

I like his posts, too. I once accused him of overusing the words “delusional” and “disgusting”, so those went away and in came “narrative”. But I was just pushing his buttons. He’s a good, passionate Tech fan.

Have you passed out drunk yet since you started the game?

15. okiemon

okiemon Helluva Engineer

Be extremely careful, RonJohn. That post is radically logical, rational, and...well...level-headed.

16. RickStromFan

fake news. Bryant was the starter when Clemson played us. Our D ended Bryant's career.

Bryant's injury vs Syracuse the week before, where he basically missed the entire game, is what caused the statistic you cite. Of course, mentioning that doesn't fit the narrative.

PS: It's called the "Starting QB", not "Lead QB". This is football, not a play.

smathis30 and ☠CaptainBuzz☠ like this.
  17. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

The only reason we're discussing Trevor Lawrence, is because you said the only reason our defense scored some points is that they played a bunch of walkons and 4th stringers against Clemson and I pointed out a bunch of starters on both sides of the ball were still in the game with just a few minutes left. You apparently refuse to watch the video of the game to go see this.

The fact that you're saying Trevor Lawrence was a backup and was in the game in mop up duty is just hilarious. The MVP of the championship game who had 30 passing TDs against 4 Interceptions was a walkon/4th stringer in on mop up duty, LOLOLOL. There is no narrative here. I'm merely pointing out that your recollection of that game is devoid of the reality of what actually happened. Trevor Lawrence, Etienne, Tee Higgins - they were all still in on offense at the end of the game. I already listed all the guys on defense still in up above. The statement that a bunch of deep backups were in is false. The End. You can sit here and argue with yourself about if Trevor Lawrence was a starter, or if he was a co-starter as I called him (and as the playing time and stats backup), but its ultimately a complete diversion.

18. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative

(GTSwarm requires video of you following through with your own rules. :))

CHE90 and awbuzz like this.
  19. GTRock

GTRock Helluva Engineer

You may not have been "trolling" on purpose but you knew what was coming with this thread! LOL

I first saw it and thought "Ohhh no. I'm not getting sucked into that one." Lol

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

20. Milwaukee

It's a good thing I was already passed out.