‘Ol CPJ’s GT spread option offense

Milwaukee

Banned
Can I take that to mean that the people who were divisive before CPJ retired are still divisive? I think it is easily apparent. I don't think it is entirely on the anti-CPJ side though. It seems to be the way internet "discussions", political "discussions", almost all discussions work now. You are either on one side or the other. If you don't agree 100% with what I say, then you are on the other side and are 100% wrong. People argue simply to argue and often seem to even forget what they are actually arguing about. Makes it incredibly hard for level headed people to actually have meaningful discussions.

Quoting a post that includes the word narrative is also a drink.

*takes a drink

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Dabo eased off the gas pedal hoping to keep TPR employed, that way he wouldn't have to worry about losing valuable GA HS recruits to TPR

Had Clemzon hit the gas pedal and up tempo'd that thing, they coulda put 100 on us

I'm not sure we watched the same game
what are you talking about?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Can I take that to mean that the people who were divisive before CPJ retired are still divisive? I think it is easily apparent. I don't think it is entirely on the anti-CPJ side though. It seems to be the way internet "discussions", political "discussions", almost all discussions work now. You are either on one side or the other. If you don't agree 100% with what I say, then you are on the other side and are 100% wrong. People argue simply to argue and often seem to even forget what they are actually arguing about. Makes it incredibly hard for level headed people to actually have meaningful discussions.
Problem solved. Level headed people stay off message boards.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
LOL! I’m glad I started this thread. Lots of entertaining and interesting responses, and, uhhhh, narratives, too.

No, I wasn’t “trolling.” Just stating what the scoreboard said.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
WATCH THE VIDEO.

Also, You do realize Trevor Lawrence does not play on defense right? Our “scoring in garbage time again fourth string players” Would not include him anyway. Trevor and Kelly were at minimum co-starters anyway. You are really stretching. I highly recommend you watch the video.

You are the one who clearly says above "Lawrence and most of the 1st string offense was still playing. Go watch it. "

Lawrence WAS NOT part of the 1st string offense. I was only pointing out this out as the attempt to paint Lawrence as the starter when Clemson played us is Fake News.

Deleted member 2897

You are the one who clearly says above "Lawrence and most of the 1st string offense was still playing. Go watch it. "

Lawrence WAS NOT part of the 1st string offense. I was only pointing out this out as the attempt to paint Lawrence as the starter when Clemson played us is Fake News.

Hopeless.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

He was after our game . last season is over move on. New coaching staff new season

Deleted member 2897

He was after our game . last season is over move on. New coaching staff new season

He already was the lead QB. What happened after our game is that Kelly Bryant was going to be completely relegated to the bench instead of just being a part time player. So he quit and dropped out of school. Coming into the Georgia Tech game, Trevor Lawrence had played 50% more than Kelly Bryant: 18 drives versus 12.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
What's the narrative?

Good question. I’m not sure, but I think it may mean “I don’t agree with you, but I don’t have a logical argument against what you said, so I’ll just accuse you of having a narrative.”

But I’m open to it meaning something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Hey ease off @Animal02 he's one of the good fans here. I do chuckle when I see his posts though, as 85% of them contain the word narrative. I've actually turned it into a drinking game. ;)

I like his posts, too. I once accused him of overusing the words “delusional” and “disgusting”, so those went away and in came “narrative”. But I was just pushing his buttons. He’s a good, passionate Tech fan.

Have you passed out drunk yet since you started the game?

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

Be extremely careful, RonJohn. That post is radically logical, rational, and...well...level-headed.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
He already was the lead QB. What happened after our game is that Kelly Bryant was going to be completely relegated to the bench instead of just being a part time player. So he quit and dropped out of school. Coming into the Georgia Tech game, Trevor Lawrence had played 50% more than Kelly Bryant: 18 drives versus 12.

fake news. Bryant was the starter when Clemson played us. Our D ended Bryant's career.

Bryant's injury vs Syracuse the week before, where he basically missed the entire game, is what caused the statistic you cite. Of course, mentioning that doesn't fit the narrative.

PS: It's called the "Starting QB", not "Lead QB". This is football, not a play.

Deleted member 2897

fake news. Bryant was the starter when Clemson played us. Our D ended Bryant's career.

Bryant's injury vs Syracuse the week before, where he basically missed the entire game, is what caused the statistic you cite. Of course, mentioning that doesn't fit the narrative.

The only reason we're discussing Trevor Lawrence, is because you said the only reason our defense scored some points is that they played a bunch of walkons and 4th stringers against Clemson and I pointed out a bunch of starters on both sides of the ball were still in the game with just a few minutes left. You apparently refuse to watch the video of the game to go see this.

The fact that you're saying Trevor Lawrence was a backup and was in the game in mop up duty is just hilarious. The MVP of the championship game who had 30 passing TDs against 4 Interceptions was a walkon/4th stringer in on mop up duty, LOLOLOL. There is no narrative here. I'm merely pointing out that your recollection of that game is devoid of the reality of what actually happened. Trevor Lawrence, Etienne, Tee Higgins - they were all still in on offense at the end of the game. I already listed all the guys on defense still in up above. The statement that a bunch of deep backups were in is false. The End. You can sit here and argue with yourself about if Trevor Lawrence was a starter, or if he was a co-starter as I called him (and as the playing time and stats backup), but its ultimately a complete diversion.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hey ease off @Animal02 he's one of the good fans here. I do chuckle when I see his posts though, as 85% of them contain the word narrative. I've actually turned it into a drinking game. ;)

Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative

(GTSwarm requires video of you following through with your own rules. :))

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL! I’m glad I started this thread. Lots of entertaining and interesting responses, and, uhhhh, narratives, too.

No, I wasn’t “trolling.” Just stating what the scoreboard said.
You may not have been "trolling" on purpose but you knew what was coming with this thread! LOL

I first saw it and thought "Ohhh no. I'm not getting sucked into that one." Lol

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"