‘Ol CPJ’s GT spread option offense

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I think everyone knows what narrative means and why it's used here.

*just took another drink

Fair enough. Just one too many beers maybe. My apologies to all I offended with pedantic snarkiness. But the sentiment remains. Let's try to find common ground even in disagreement here. We have 4/5ths of the state against us, it seems, so it would be nice to feel a sense of brotherhood (and sisterhood) when we come here.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative

(GTSwarm requires video of you following through with your own rules. :))

Dayum son you just killed Milwalkee

Milwaukee

Banned
Fair enough. Just one too many beers maybe. My apologies to all I offended with pedantic snarkiness. But the sentiment remains. Let's try to find common ground even in disagreement here. We have 4/5ths of the state against us, it seems, so it would be nice to feel a sense of brotherhood (and sisterhood) when we come here.

Don't apologize. Just drink.

Animal02

Banned
Can I take that to mean that the people who were divisive before CPJ retired are still divisive? I think it is easily apparent. I don't think it is entirely on the anti-CPJ side though. It seems to be the way internet "discussions", political "discussions", almost all discussions work now. You are either on one side or the other. If you don't agree 100% with what I say, then you are on the other side and are 100% wrong. People argue simply to argue and often seem to even forget what they are actually arguing about. Makes it incredibly hard for level headed people to actually have meaningful discussions.
I use it for people that want to place everything on the coach / scheme. (And now it is morphing into give a coach all the credit, Dabo for example,) while turning a blind eye to the far larger structural issues at Tech......as well as cherry picking stats to "prove" their point.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You are the one who clearly says above "Lawrence and most of the 1st string offense was still playing. Go watch it. "

Lawrence WAS NOT part of the 1st string offense. I was only pointing out this out as the attempt to paint Lawrence as the starter when Clemson played us is Fake News.
Please Lord above, an end to the "fake news" defense. It always gets in the way of any discussion, from football to poilitics.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
The only reason we're discussing Trevor Lawrence, is because you said the only reason our defense scored some points is that they played a bunch of walkons and 4th stringers against Clemson and I pointed out a bunch of starters on both sides of the ball were still in the game with just a few minutes left. You apparently refuse to watch the video of the game to go see this.

The fact that you're saying Trevor Lawrence was a backup and was in the game in mop up duty is just hilarious. The MVP of the championship game who had 30 passing TDs against 4 Interceptions was a walkon/4th stringer in on mop up duty, LOLOLOL. There is no narrative here. I'm merely pointing out that your recollection of that game is devoid of the reality of what actually happened. Trevor Lawrence, Etienne, Tee Higgins - they were all still in on offense at the end of the game. I already listed all the guys on defense still in up above. The statement that a bunch of deep backups were in is false. The End. You can sit here and argue with yourself about if Trevor Lawrence was a starter, or if he was a co-starter as I called him (and as the playing time and stats backup), but its ultimately a complete diversion.

a diversion from the fact that at one point, we were getting beat 42-7. Anything after that is the very definition of garbage time, no matter how you try to fit it into the false narrative that we played Clemson well that game. Fact is, the MVP of the Championship game wasn't the start or Lead Actor or whatever names you are making up to call him until after our defense put the clamps on Bryant. Fact is, he only had more reps due to Bryant getting his bell rung early in the previous game vs Syracuse. As others have pointed out, it wasn't until after that game that he became the official starter...or the Lead Male Actor, to put it in your terms.

Let it go. 2018 is over, CPJ is happily retired, and we have a new, young, energetic HC that's bringing some excitement back to the flats. Let's focus on that rather than this strange continued defense of previous years, which coincidentally didn't have much defense!

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Dabo eased off the gas pedal hoping to keep TPR employed, that way he wouldn't have to worry about losing valuable GA HS recruits to TPR

Had Clemzon hit the gas pedal and up tempo'd that thing, they coulda put 100 on us

I'm not sure we watched the same game

I don't disagree that Dabo eased off of the gas, but piss on you and your TPR crap. That kind of comment has no place here. Dabo didn't to it to keep PJ employed; I'll guarantee you it never entered his mind. He could have scored 70 in any number of games had he wanted to, not just ours.

Deleted member 2897

a diversion from the fact that at one point, we were getting beat 42-7. Anything after that is the very definition of garbage time, no matter how you try to fit it into the false narrative that we played Clemson well that game. Fact is, the MVP of the Championship game wasn't the start or Lead Actor or whatever names you are making up to call him until after our defense put the clamps on Bryant. Fact is, he only had more reps due to Bryant getting his bell rung early in the previous game vs Syracuse. As others have pointed out, it wasn't until after that game that he became the official starter...or the Lead Male Actor, to put it in your terms.

Let it go. 2018 is over, CPJ is happily retired, and we have a new, young, energetic HC that's bringing some excitement back to the flats. Let's focus on that rather than this strange continued defense of previous years, which coincidentally didn't have much defense!

What are you talking about? I’m not defending previous years. I’m not saying that there wasn’t garbage time at the end of the Clemson game. All I’m pointing out is that you were incorrect when you said that a bunch of walk ons and deep bench players were in, and that’s the only reason why we scored when Notre Dame and Alabama didn’t score. That’s not true.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
What are you talking about? I’m not defending previous years. I’m not saying that there wasn’t garbage time at the end of the Clemson game. All I’m pointing out is that you were incorrect when you said that a bunch of walk ons and deep bench players were in, and that’s the only reason why we scored when Notre Dame and Alabama didn’t score. That’s not true.

Thank you for acknowledging that there was garbage time. That's when we scored, with the exception of the end of the 1st half. And yes, Clemson was absolutely playing non-starters at that point. I don't know if it was 100% and I'm sure as hell not going to waste ANY time re-watching that complete blowout of a game. Once was enough. But to act like we were moving the ball against their 1st string D late in the 4th is disingenuous, to put it politely.

To pretend that Clemson's D cared as much about shutting us down when they were up 42-7 in the 2nd half as they did the other night in the National Championship game vs #1-ranked Alabama is ludicrous. To even begin to compare those 2 games is baffling. I'd bet there's not a single mention of that game vs us on the front page of Clemson's message boards right now.

Deleted member 2897

Thank you for acknowledging that there was garbage time. That's when we scored, with the exception of the end of the 1st half. And yes, Clemson was absolutely playing non-starters at that point. I don't know if it was 100% and I'm sure as hell not going to waste ANY time re-watching that complete blowout of a game. Once was enough. But to act like we were moving the ball against their 1st string D late in the 4th is disingenuous, to put it politely.

To pretend that Clemson's D cared as much about shutting us down when they were up 42-7 in the 2nd half as they did the other night in the National Championship game vs #1-ranked Alabama is ludicrous. To even begin to compare those 2 games is baffling. I'd bet there's not a single mention of that game vs us on the front page of Clemson's message boards right now.

This was probably a world record for straw men, red herrings, and redirections for a single post. It’s like you’re arguing with someone else.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
JFC guys give it a rest......who cares? Either team in the MNC could have beat this past seasons GT team 77-0 ten straight times if they really put their minds to it. Hell i bet their scout teams would have beat us too.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson played Syracuse after us, where Lawrence got a concussion and they put the 3rd stringer in, since Bryant had already left.

Dabo put Lawrence back in for our game after the lead got down to 21. I would say that was the opposite of letting off the gas. It was pretty clear to me who was the better QB at that point.

I imagine we would have a worse loss if Lawrence had been the starter the whole game. We had Bryant stuffed when he was in.

Clemson was also later focused for Bama. If they had been that focused for us, they would've won by 100.

This is similar to the ACC championship in 2014. If Jameis Winston isnt locked in like he was for the rest of the season, we win that game.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I don't disagree that Dabo eased off of the gas, but piss on you and your TPR crap. That kind of comment has no place here. Dabo didn't to it to keep PJ employed; I'll guarantee you it never entered his mind. He could have scored 70 in any number of games had he wanted to, not just ours.
Clemson probably used more 2,3 and 4 deep if there is such a thing and used them longer than any P5 team in the country. So much so that I was a bit surprised that he waited so long to get his backup QB into the NC game. I gather it meant that much to him.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Clemson played Syracuse after us, where Lawrence got a concussion and they put the 3rd stringer in, since Bryant had already left.

Dabo put Lawrence back in for our game after the lead got down to 21. I would say that was the opposite of letting off the gas. It was pretty clear to me who was the better QB at that point.

I imagine we would have a worse loss if Lawrence had been the starter the whole game. We had Bryant stuffed when he was in.

Clemson was also later focused for Bama. If they had been that focused for us, they would've won by 100.

This is similar to the ACC championship in 2014. If Jameis Winston isnt locked in like he was for the rest of the season, we win that game.
I believe in hyperbole. Can't live with out it. But winning by a hundred? That is in the territory owned by a fellow we know so well on the political scene. Swinney made his point in winning and that was the end of it. He has few enemies in the ACC -- though not a lot of "friends" as we might now them either -- and there is just one guy he would have nail down if he could, but he got fired anyway. Part of that vaunted and difficult to capture "culture" at Clemson is to win with honor. So no, had Lawrence started against us it would not have been worse. He would have been drawing down before it got embarrassing for anybody. He knew they were better, anyway.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe in hyperbole. Can't live with out it. But winning by a hundred? That is in the territory owned by a fellow we know so well on the political scene. Swinney made his point in winning and that was the end of it. He has few enemies in the ACC -- though not a lot of "friends" as we might now them either -- and there is just one guy he would have nail down if he could, but he got fired anyway. Part of that vaunted and difficult to capture "culture" at Clemson is to win with honor. So no, had Lawrence started against us it would not have been worse. He would have been drawing down before it got embarrassing for anybody. He knew they were better, anyway.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Well, he wouldn't have had to put Lawrence back in. I don't think he had to at that point anyways.

It was the first time I felt like Dabo ran it up on us.

Maybe should've said could've won by 100.

I think he'll be hurt by keeping Lawrence in and running him against Bama. I'm pretty sure that peeved the Bama players....if he had run a bevy of other RBs, I think it would have been better for Clemson in the playoffs next year.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
1754815_orig.jpg

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative Narrative

(GTSwarm requires video of you following through with your own rules. :))
... you might be charged with manslaughter... [emoji41]

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Just an aside
I was at acc championship and Jamis was not locked it.- he was good but not locked in .
He over thru several wide open midrange passes where under routes were open.

What was locked in for them was the GIANT fsu ol and Dalvin Cook. The ol literally grabed our players like they were misbehaving children ( much later I got to talk to our dt Green and he agreed best ol he faced).

Jamis and thier coach were arguing - basically jimbo wanted to rush at will till we were gassed and to keep the ball from our offense. He was pretty heated ,but jamis kept trying longer throws than needed TRD worked when he made error and we got them in some successful stops. Our defense played their A off.

In that game what was really locked in was our Coach, our skill players and our OL. A thing of beauty. Thanks for reminding me