Zach Pyron OUT for the season

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Against Miami he was 12-21 for 120 yds. with a TD but two interceptions, which I acknowledged. He moved the ball but just made a couple of mistakes. Exactly as I said, "lol".
You talking about the one with no effort to try to win against a horrible Virginia Team? What was his QBR for miami?

slugboy

Staff member
You talking about the one with no effort to try to win against a horrible Virginia Team? What was his QBR for miami?
Gibson’s traditional QBR was about the same as Pyron’s for Miami, which was average. Gibson’s ESPN QBR was really low (about a “9” out of 100), but I can’t tell you what goes into ESPN’s QBR.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
No effort? You base that on one play, ignoring all the others, like the one where he put his shoulder down at the end of a run in the red zone.
One. Play. And then he owned it, and acknowledged it was a mistake. Now, you can focus on that one play for perpetuity, or you can get behind him - your call. But as a fan, I'd say you're making a very poor effort right now.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
No effort? You base that on one play, ignoring all the others, like the one where he put his shoulder down at the end of a run in the red zone.
One. Play. And then he owned it, and acknowledged it was a mistake. Now, you can focus on that one play for perpetuity, or you can get behind him - your call. But as a fan, I'd say you're making a very poor effort right now.
As a GT fan I would say anyone who supports the continued destruction of our program is giving poor effort of being a fan. We have seen the lack of effort from Gibson for multiple games. He has years to prove he can play and has not shown any sign of life. Run the wildcat or put in a winner.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
As a GT fan I would say anyone who supports the continued destruction of our program is giving poor effort of being a fan. We have seen the lack of effort from Gibson for multiple games. He has years to prove he can play and has not shown any sign of life. Run the wildcat or put in a winner.
B.S. No, he may not be up to the task but other than that one play there is no indication whatsoever that he isn't doing his best. I understand you call for the wildcat, or another QB, and that's fine. But that's completely beside the point. The point is that he's doing the best he can, and that's all he can do. You're conflating performance with effort. He may not be the best QB in the world but he's trying, and he deserves our support.
One. Play.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
B.S. No, he may not be up to the task but other than that one play there is no indication whatsoever that he isn't doing his best. I understand you call for the wildcat, or another QB, and that's fine. But that's completely beside the point. The point is that he's doing the best he can, and that's all he can do. You're conflating performance with effort. He may not be the best QB in the world but he's trying, and he deserves our support.
One. Play.
NO he admitted he wasn't doing the best he can. You can't argue that point, it came from his own mouth.

slugboy

Staff member

media]

joel mchale rules GIF by ABC Network

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
NO he admitted he wasn't doing the best he can. You can't argue that point, it came from his own mouth.
Buzz - its not one play.
After years at Akron - .
After 1 year w QB coach-
His play was embarrassing on many levels - mainly because the play calling script required him to play like he is jeff sims.
Its clear he is trying and is valuable to the team in practice.

If we had good in all postions around him, he would not be asked to make plays w his individual talents.

We may have him as a qb for next few games.

Letpray y for creative thinking in the minds ofchead coach and oc.
The rpo w gibson is Laughable. I hope Long dials up some mobing pockets and mis direction to give him a chance.

L

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Since we seem to be out of QB's (let THAT sink in), I've been looking at YouTube videos of old single-wing offenses.

I'm starting to think we could catch the Dogs off-guard. What do you think? :rolleyes:

JacketFan137

Banned
Since we seem to be out of QB's (let THAT sink in), I've been looking at YouTube videos of old single-wing offenses.

I'm starting to think we could catch the Dogs off-guard. What do you think? :rolleyes:
under richt when they had a porous defense maybe. kirby’s teams are much more physical and much more disciplined. i don’t see that working after maybe a drive

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I think we have absolutely nothing to lose by trying it, so why not? What if we just lined up in the single wing and sprang it on them? Or have the QB line up facing away from the LOS, like in 1928? I love it!

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think we have absolutely nothing to lose by trying it, so why not? What if we just lined up in the single wing and sprang it on them? Or had the QB line up facing away from the LOS, like in 1928? I love it!
Yes, bring back the ole fullback spinner series.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Why not just go really old school and run the Notre Dame Box? The local high school where I grew up used to run it, and I always though it was the craziest thing I ever saw...

JacketFan137

Banned
Why not just go really old school and run the Notre Dame Box? The local high school where I grew up used to run it, and I always though it was the craziest thing I ever saw...
never heard of that and just looked it up. just seeing the picture of that is absolutely nuts lol

we might be talked about on social media for a while if we tried that. whether good or bad that would be a spectacle i’m sure😂