Zach Pyron OUT for the season

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Can we get Lucas Johnson to transfer back from Montana?!! He's actually having a pretty good year.
I knew he had one more year of eligibility but was not sure where he ended up. This man joined the Jackets is 2016! Crazy what the COVID year did to eligibility.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
What's the over/under on how many three and outs we have against the DWAGS? They can score so fast it is scary.
The record for fewest yards allowed in a game was when Penn State held Syracuse to -47 (yes that’s minus 47) yards in 1947. Syracuse lost 107 yards rushing, but threw for 60 to make up a little ground.

Against UGA if we gain positive yards on any given drive it will be a win. Also any punt that doesn’t get blocked will be a win.

UGA could literally beat us 100-0 if they wanted. But going into the LSU game they’re going to be very vanilla and very conservative. They may accidentally score 50 just because they’re defense is so good and our offense is so bad.

I think if they set the game up where Tech just played defense the whole time we’d play them closer than a normal game. But because we have to play offense we’regoing to get obliterated by field position.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If sims can’t play we are prob getting shut out the last 2 games
We will not be shut out by the likes of UNC's defense, and I think we have an outside chance of winning that one. Their Total Defense rank is #124.
The Zack we have available isn't as good as the Zack we don't, but he isn't as bad as folks are making him out to be. He hit passes and moved the ball against Miami. He just made a couple of mistakes.

Last edited:

JacketFan137

Banned
And rightfully so. You must have forgotten that Sims is a 3rd year starter, and Zach is a true freshman.
this is correct. i’m just saying i’m not as convinced pyron is light years better than sims. i think some think that, or rather WANT that to be the case and i think the sample size is way too small.

still a lot to like from pyron and can’t wait to see him down the line but we are leaning into the classic bad team CFB trope of anointing a backup because we aren’t satisfied with the starter

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
We will not be shut out by the likes of UNC's defense, and I think we have an outside chance of winning that one. Their Total Defense rank is #124.
The Zack we have available isn't as good as the Zack we don't, but he isn't as bad as folks are making him out to be. He hit passes and moved the ball against Miami. He just made a couple of mistakes.
He’s awful dude what are you talking about lol

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
UNC defense not that great. That other team though is a different story.
Well, at least Georgia Tech isn't the worst scoring offense in the ACC.
That's Virginia. By .1 point.
Right behind us. And we're 125th in the nation in scoring offense.
UNC is at the bottom of the ACC pack in scoring defense, at 109th nationally. So it's not quite resistible force meets movable object. It's close, though.

FWIW, Georgia is No. 2 in scoring defense.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
He’s awful dude what are you talking about lol
Against Miami he was 12-21 for 120 yds. with a TD but two interceptions, which I acknowledged. He moved the ball but just made a couple of mistakes. Exactly as I said, "lol".

EE95_curse EMAG!

Jolly Good Fellow
The bad news is we may top last year’s 100-0 debacle.

M and W BB are both undefeated and Volleyball has a distant shot at the ACC title, so better days ahead.
I think it will be worse. We'll find a way to score a couple of field goals and maybe a TD (fluke one or defense), but UNC and UGA will score over 100 easily. I see more like 120-13.
UGA could top 80 points if they wanted to, but they'll ease up after laughing hard during the first half, they'll actually start to feel sorry for the GT coaches, players and fans. Thats when you know you really are in a bad way, when a rival (them to us, we're not a rival to them and haven't been in decades) feels pity.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think it will be worse. We'll find a way to score a couple of field goals and maybe a TD (fluke one or defense), but UNC and UGA will score over 100 easily. I see more like 120-13.
UGA could top 80 points if they wanted to, but they'll ease up after laughing hard during the first half, they'll actually start to feel sorry for the GT coaches, players and fans. Thats when you know you really are in a bad way, when a rival (them to us, we're not a rival to them and haven't been in decades) feels pity.
Sorta like when we played Elon a few years ago and ran the clock without stopping in the second half.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Sucks he is hurt. May explain the underthrow int on his last play. I don't think I could move my arm at all after I've broken (cracked) my collarbone in the past.

Hope he get better quick and is back to lead us next year.
According to Kelky at Rivals in previous game ZP had a minor throwing shoulder injury. It was giving him trohble when he hadto throw quick passes from odd set up.

Kid showed ton of team leadership playing thru that shoulder and then as you pointed out - he was even trying to pass w broken collar bone!

How was this freshman stuck on scout team? The guys in second has years of experience and had obvious short comings.

At least we have a qb that has lots of potential for next year.

Last edited: