1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Your thoughts on Mack Brown?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by CuseJacket, May 16, 2019.

?
  1. Like

20 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Dislike

40 vote(s)
    29.9%
  3. Meh

74 vote(s)
    55.2%
  1. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

Sugiura: New UNC coach Mack Brown on his return, Georgia Tech, recruiting Atlanta
    Poll included.

2. 85Escape

85Escape Helluva Engineer

Voted "Meh". I don't dislike him like I do Cut(block)cliff, but I don't think he's all that either. I'm worried that he's a good coach that will take all of the talent that goes to UNC and turn the Cheaters into our new Duke (the team we should beat but don't.)

3. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Helluva Engineer

Not at all pleased that he is back. Yeah, he is old but he can recruit at a place that is perfectly willing to do shady stuff. To me, UNC is a bigger threat going forward than VT, perhaps on par with Miami as far as who we're going to have to beat to win our division. Not right away, necessarily, but in the coming years.

4. presjacket

presjacket Helluva Engineer

He was a terrible TV announcer. His voice tone and inflection are not pleasing to the ear.

BuckeyeJacket likes this.
  5. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Helluva Engineer

I think North Carolina will be looking for another head football coach in December 2021 when they fire Mack Brown after he has three straight losing seasons.

6. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Mack Brown would have done well in politics. The guy knows how to charm a room, and is the ultimate "CEO coach". Never says anything bad about any coach or team if asked.

On the football side of things, he hit a homerun with Jay Bateman his DC. His OC is a bit of mixed bag, but it's an offense that recruits like.

He's going to be a thorn in our side on the recruiting trail as long as he's at UNC.

GT14 likes this.
  7. 85Escape

I hope that's true! Is it because he's old, or just because he's a terrible TV announcer?

8. YJMD

YJMD Helluva Engineer

Well he has really upped the UNC recruiting which is a big deal especially with Collins because he is going to snag some of our targets. Otherwise I don't have specific ill will toward him, but I really dislike UNC football overall. Serial underperformers with little tradition, underwhelming fan support, annoying snack talkers, and frustratingly snagged some games from us (see: 2014). Also, Fedora was a huge whiner. He was Cutcliffe but hadn't earned the right to be. Mack? Seems generally affable but apparently left a lot of skeletons in the closet when he left Texas. Doesn't give me the outright shady vibe that Kirby does, but if he's going to push the rules at UNC, I'm sure I'll grow to hate.

9. YellowJacketFan2018

I think the game has totally passed Mack Brown by and North Carolina paid a bundle for what he's done in the past at North Carolina and Texas.

gtpi, GTJason, Vespidae and 1 other person like this.
  10. gtwcf

gtwcf Helluva Engineer

I'm in the meh category. I think the game has slightly passed him by, and he got a bit complacent at UT. He or his staff really missed the boat at QB after Colt McCoy graduated.

He seemed a bit overwhelmed when he saw what he was going to face at Clemson when CPJ started talking facts.

Probably will be good for fundraising and culture building (potentially) but I'm still not sold on the CEO head coach model.

11. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

Think he won at Tulane (?) before going to unc.

Then he won at unc before winning at Texas.

But trying to recall how a HC has done when returning to a previous stop. Can't remember a scenario quite like this.

12. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

Dislike. Blatant cheater. Only reason more o' y'all don't hate him is because of his "Gee aw shucks" demeanor. Make no mistake, that man is a scumbag.

13. 85Escape

Fair enough. I think my "meh" was as much "Is he still alive?" as anything? :LOL:

CTJacket, DH9387, gtpi and 3 others like this.
  14. YellowJacketFan2018

Former Tennessee head football coach Johnny Majors returned to Pitt for 4 seasons from 1993-1996

1993 3-8
    1994 3-8
    1995 2-9
    1996 4-7

15. gtwcf

gtwcf Helluva Engineer

Petrino did ok until he lost his Heisman winner. But probably should've done better considering what he had?

16. Sebastian GT

Sebastian GT Helluva Engineer

Mack is a crook. Hope he fails miserably at UNCheat.

17. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Great recruiter. Not much on X's and O's. Probably not as good as the last time he was at UNC. He did make UNC better, but he's not the home run hire they could have made.

YellowJacketFan2018 likes this.
  18. kg01

Hey don't hold back next time, Sebas.

19. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

He is old and has gray hair , did I win anything ?

YellowJacketFan2018 and 85Escape like this.
  20. kg01

[​IMG]

NorthsideJacket and stech81 like this.