WR Coach - Kerry Dixon

Milwaukee

Banned
Yes I agree it can be done. 2014 was as fun a year as we could have had without actually winning any championships. We can mathematically win every game we play. But it makes the road much tougher, I'm sure we'd all agree. If he didn't need them he wouldn't be struggling or stepping down imo.

Edit: Why do I care, let's win tomorrow!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Never played for anyone else. Great talent though.

Man that guy made a HUGE mistake. BayBay was tough enough on one side, imagine having Donley on the other side with 1v1 coverage to both. Our offense was pretty darn good in 2008 and 2009, with Donley I'm not sure DCs would have slept at all. Kinda pick your poison with our offense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Looked up hixon on Baylor stats. He was a freshmen ab in 2000 - 20 completions. Bio says he moved on to other schools.
My son was student and remembered him as some one they tried.
It was during the long dark period at baylor 8 or 9 years w 4 wind in big 12.

Glad hixon has shown grit and moved up the coach ladder.
Both hires - hixon and Choice have spent time in Texas football.
Choice's goodbye txt to his group of rb was very poignant.

Glad to have them join us.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Hope this guy helps a lot with recruiting. His work at Florida with some highly ranked WR recruits left a lot to be desired, to put it nicely.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope this guy helps a lot with recruiting. His work at Florida with some highly ranked WR recruits left a lot to be desired, to put it nicely.
The Florida fans I know don't think very highly of him but I'm hopeful he has improved with more experience.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The Florida fans I know don't think very highly of him but I'm hopeful he has improved with more experience.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

Frankly, I'm leery of any offensive coach associated with UF post Urban Meyer, but I am also willing to trust the HCs judgement, as he is far more an expert in these matters than I am. Proof will be in the pudding.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He actually did need them, and he offered them, he just couldn't land them. This is something that's crystal clear but it's still overlooked by ignorant fans.

He got Mason, Parker and Will. Some may say they were just 3 stars but if they had gone elsewhere I’m pretty sure they’d have been 4s.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He got Mason, Parker and Will. Some may say they were just 3 stars but if they had gone elsewhere I’m pretty sure they’d have been 4s.
He got Mason, Parker and Will. Some may say they were just
Frankly, I'm leery of any offensive coach associated with UF post Urban Meyer, but I am also willing to trust the HCs judgement, as he is far more an expert in these matters than I am. Proof will be in the pudding.
I assume the second metric to show is some improvement in w r route running (separation). No sense in quoting catches, etc as total difference in scheme.
How bout the first metric being in summer ( before gt has a snap) he is recruiter for a 4* TALL wr that has real power 5 offers (not usf, app state)?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I assume the second metric to show is some improvement in w r route running (separation). No sense in quoting catches, etc as total difference in scheme.
How bout the first metric being in summer ( before gt has a snap) he is recruiter for a 4* TALL wr that has real power 5 offers (not usf, app state)?

Again, I'm going to extend the benefit of the doubt in regard to Dixon, but I am and will be leery of any offensive coach at UF after Meyer. Their offense has been a dumpster fire since he left.

Milwaukee

Banned
Random:

Met Kerry’s cousin this week in a grocery store in MKE. I had a GT pullover on and he approached. Nothing exotic but cool story imo, small world. I made it a point to ask how all the new staff are enjoying the new gig with Collins. He said they’re all on cloud 9 reppin the A and the energy is stupid good within the entire staff.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Random:

Met Kerry’s cousin this week in a grocery store in MKE. I had a GT pullover on and he approached. Nothing exotic but cool story imo, small world. I made it a point to ask how all the new staff are enjoying the new gig with Collins. He said they’re all on cloud 9 reppin the A and the energy is stupid good within the entire staff.
Love to hear it! Looking back at the highest performing teams I’ve been a part of (in sports or business) there was almost always a common understanding of what it would take to reach the goal we set together. Having fun while hitting the work as hard as you can, as often as you can is the straw that’s stirs the drink. That kind of energy on the staff will continue to be infectious with the players and recruits. Now we just have to start putting together some more wins.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
. Now we just have to start putting together some more wins.
Good post. However, apropos of absolutely nothing and a completely random thought, this line is becoming the automatic qualifier on any post about this staff. Remember the infamous Seinfield line about someone "being gay....not that there's anything wrong with that!". The "but he's got to win more" is its CGC equivalent. Me? I like the guy, enjoy a fresh perspective on things and want him to succeed....but he's got to win more. ;)

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Good post. However, apropos of absolutely nothing and a completely random thought, this line is becoming the automatic qualifier on any post about this staff. Remember the infamous Seinfield line about someone "being gay....not that there's anything wrong with that!". The "but he's got to win more" is its CGC equivalent. Me? I like the guy, enjoy a fresh perspective on things and want him to succeed....but he's got to win more. ;)
Yeah I think a lot of us feel similarly. He seems to have authentic passion about building GT to it's greatest height, but at some point results have to be there. I am a big believer in process, and understand that sometimes things take time to gel, but we need to see progress coupled with process to know we are going in the right direction.

The A Team 80S GIF

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Random:

I hope sooner than later our on-field performance will match the off-field accolades.