Worst coaching decision... ever?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Cristobal will never live this down.

They could have knelt not just once, but twice. And they had timeouts if there was any uncertainty.

Was that the biggest coaching blunder you've ever seen?

Hats off to our guys fighting to the absolute final whistle and taking advantage of the mistake. Wow.

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Cristobal will never live this down.

They could have knelt not just once, but twice. And they had timeouts if there was any uncertainty.

Was that the biggest coaching blunder you've ever seen?

Hats off to our guys fighting to the absolute final whistle and taking advantage of the mistake. Wow.
The U needs to be back, heck we need the ACC football teams to improve. However, we still need to beat them.

GetYourBuzzOn

Georgia Tech Fan
Cristobal did this in '18 vs Stanford I believe- Oregon ended up losing in OT. From the postgame recap:

DECISION: Afterward, Cristobal was asked why Oregon elected to run on second-and-2 in the final minute of regulation rather than taking a knee on consecutive plays. Verdell fumbled, which set up Stanford's game-tying drive.

"We felt pretty good about the run game," he said. "We just needed one more to get a first down and close out the game."

GT33

Helluva Engineer
FYI apparently Cristobal has lost this way before. 2018 Oregon vs Stanford

I don't get it. You got clown and Cristobal, both getting paid millions to coach football, and they don't even know something so basic even my wife who's a casual fan has mastered while interittently watching me yell at games and on a tv over the years.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Marco Cristobal sayeth so....

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Hey Arnold

Not once, but twice in life.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The U needs to be back, heck we need the ACC football teams to improve. However, we still need to beat them.
I respectfully disagree. The U has the absolute worst fan base in the ACC. They are rude, obnoxious, and will harass opposing fans mercilessly. Really low class, far worse than FSU or NC State both of whom have had their moments.

slugboy

Staff member
Finding a way to win is just more progress. Just win! There you go slugboy
I agree. It was a really bad matchup for our offense, and they gutted it out.

The team and Key needed to take last week’s disaster and course-correct. Last week was the end of the program ;) . This week, we’re BACK baby!

Biggest game of Key’s career is in two weeks against Boston College.

Will Slug be upset that on final drive we were slinging around. Everyone focus on knee, fumble.

The miami D had King under 80 yds till last 2 plays with 24 seconds and no time outs. Then bam - gt goes length of field on 2 great plays by offense

Why? That’s what you’re supposed to do.