Work related puppy melts....

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Chubb and Michel did not help their stock this year. Chubb is damaged goods and just put another year of tread on a set of recapped tires. He will be lucky to get drafted in 3rd or 4th round. Michel is a better player now and will likely go in the second round. Running backs are not valued as they once were in the NFL. Most of them only last 2 to 3 seasons and then they are gone. The Jim Brown's, Walter Payton's and Tony Dorsett's are rare and precious. Chubb and Michel are not in that club. Their running styles are big collision and that will ultimately take them out sooner than later. It might have been noble of them to stay for their senior year but it definitely was not smart. They just passed up one year of their best earning potential in their lifetimes.

Go Jackets!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I didn't even mention Chubb and Michel specifically aside from the semi-final, and my point still stands. They didn't have a single player declare early last year.

Whether you care to admit it or not, there were definitely players that elected to stick around when they could have gone to the draft and I bet a part of it was an opportunity to run the table. LOL.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: The point is this. The biggest returners for the mutts were Sony and Chubb. Most think the primary reason they stayed was because of $$$. I for one agree..if they had been projected first round they almost certainly would have bounced. And should have.

People LOL because those two claimed they were returning in large part to revenge their loss to us in Athens. I LOL at you getting triggered by a LOL.

Last edited:

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn't even mention Chubb and Michel specifically aside from the semi-final, and my point still stands. They didn't have a single player declare early last year.

Whether you care to admit it or not, there were definitely players that elected to stick around when they could have gone to the draft and I bet a part of it was an opportunity to run the table. LOL.

:rolleyes: The point is this. The biggest returners for the mutts were Sony and Chubb. Most think the primary reason they stayed was because of $$$. I for one agree..if they had been projected first round they almost certainly would have bounced. And should have.

People LOL because those two claimed they were returning in large part to revenge their loss to us in Athens. I LOL at you getting triggered by a LOL.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for proving me right. Their primary reason, yes of course the primary reason was money. I never said anything otherwise and I never, ever said anything about GT and their loss to GT. My whole point was that I bet there were other motivations at stake for the team and for guys that were one the fence. This is nothing new and its happened with other teams and players. Player may be on the fence about declaring, teammates come to them motivating to stay one more year to improve their draft stock and make a title run. Nobody, the least of which me, implied that it was the sole reason.

How was I triggered? I just asked what the LOL meant...nothing funny was said, so I just wanted to confirm it was more of a condescending, douchebag "LOL" and it was, so the world keeps turning...

DEAR MODS, TO CLARIFY: I'M NOT CALLING WHISKEY_CLEAR A DOUCHE BAG, I COMMENTED ON USING A "LOL" IN A DOUCHEY WAY AND I'M SURE HE WOULD KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BEING A DOUCHE BAG. HES DEFINITELY NOT A MASSIVE, MASSIVE DOUCHE BAG.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

People LOL because those two claimed they were returning in large part to revenge their loss to us in Athens. I LOL at you getting triggered by a LOL.

Awesome, thanks for proving me right. Their primary reason, yes of course the primary reason was money. I never said anything otherwise and I never, ever said anything about GT and their loss to GT. My whole point was that I bet there were other motivations at stake for the team and for guys that were one the fence. This is nothing new and its happened with other teams and players. Player may be on the fence about declaring, teammates come to them motivating to stay one more year to improve their draft stock and make a title run. Nobody, the least of which me, implied that it was the sole reason.

How was I triggered? I just asked what the LOL meant...nothing funny was said, so I just wanted to confirm it was more of a condescending, douchebag "LOL" and it was, so the world keeps turning...

DEAR MODS, TO CLARIFY: I'M NOT CALLING WHISKEY_CLEAR A DOUCHE BAG, I COMMENTED ON USING A "LOL" IN A DOUCHEY WAY AND I'M SURE HE WOULD KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BEING A DOUCHE BAG. HES DEFINITELY NOT A MASSIVE, MASSIVE DOUCHE BAG.[/QUOTE]

Dang you are triggered. My contention with you from the get go is you harassing another poster for using a LOL....that was in no way directed toward you but at two mutt players. You then continued to use your own LOLs in replying to that poster and were being pretty obviously condescending in doing so.

My points about Sony and Chubb were an attempt to help you understand what the other poster was referring to in the beginning. Maybe you finally get it now. If so you are welcome ;)