Work related puppy melts....

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Not really much of a melt, but a Facebook exchange:

Me: OK so Georgia fans I do not hate you. I hate UGA. I could almost feel bad for you, but a win would make the next several years insufferable. Roll damn tide.
Friend: I went to UGA.
Me: How unfortunate for you.
Friend: Opinions vary.
Me: Not correct ones.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
The only reason those guys didn't enter the draft was the competition last year. They were not going in the first 2 rounds. NOT to make this run. Lol

Not sure why you're laughing out loud...

Not a single player on the UGA team declared early for the draft last year. Not one. With talent like that on a team, that's shocking. Hell, we lost two players (Burnett and Dwyer) after our 09 run and they didn't project to sniff the top two rounds. LOL

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I lol because the only reason they didn't declare was that they were not going to be drafted very high & wouldn't make that much. I lol cause you think they stayed to try to make a run. They stayed to try to increase their draft stock, the end.

QUOTE="potatohead, post: 389511, member: 107"]Not sure why you're laughing out loud...

Not a single player on the UGA team declared early for the draft last year. Not one. With talent like that on a team, that's shocking. Hell, we lost two players (Burnett and Dwyer) after our 09 run and they didn't project to sniff the top two rounds. LOL[/QUOTE]

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I lol because the only reason they didn't declare was that they were not going to be drafted very high & wouldn't make that much. I lol cause you think they stayed to try to make a run. They stayed to try to increase their draft stock, the end.

QUOTE="potatohead, post: 389511, member: 107"]Not sure why you're laughing out loud...

Not a single player on the UGA team declared early for the draft last year. Not one. With talent like that on a team, that's shocking. Hell, we lost two players (Burnett and Dwyer) after our 09 run and they didn't project to sniff the top two rounds. LOL
[/QUOTE]

Well, I did read that Chubb wanted to come back because we ate their hedges. He also had never played against us and beat us (injured in 2015 win).

I agree with you though. Lots of talent was in the draft pool last year and they thought they could increase their worth if they played one more year. Mission accomplished. I think they probably did the right thing financially if they didn’t mind getting a dagger in the heart last night.

Hedges. Yeah right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Well, I did read that Chubb wanted to come back because we ate their hedges. He also had never played against us and beat us (injured in 2015 win).

I agree with you though. Lots of talent was in the draft pool last year and they thought they could increase their worth if they played one more year. Mission accomplished. I think they probably did the right thing financially if they didn’t mind getting a dagger in the heart last night.

Hedges. Yeah right.

thats the nice way of saying my draft stock tanked so here's a good reason for me to come back and try and salvage it. he was projected as a first rounder coming into the season in 2016 and was out of the top 4 rounds by the end

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Hedges. Yeah right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
They came back because they would have been drafted in the 3rd-5th rounds of the NFL Draft.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

[/QUOTE]

I didn't even mention Chubb and Michel specifically aside from the semi-final, and my point still stands. They didn't have a single player declare early last year.

Whether you care to admit it or not, there were definitely players that elected to stick around when they could have gone to the draft and I bet a part of it was an opportunity to run the table. LOL.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Who all had a realistic chance 2 b picked up high if they left early last year? If u want to believe in the dwag fairytale of we're staying so we can beat Gt & win a natty be my guest. Guess u think roquan smith who should be a high pick is also gonna stay. Lol. He's so gone cause he's going to be an early pick. Whatever.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Who all had a realistic chance 2 b picked up high if they left early last year? If u want to believe in the dwag fairytale of we're staying so we can beat Gt & win a natty be my guest. Guess u think roquan smith who should be a high pick is also gonna stay. Lol. He's so gone cause he's going to be an early pick. Whatever.

Laura, you’re creating a straw man. I didn’t say much of what that you said, but good job raising a good point against nothing I said. Not sure where the “beat tech” thing is coming from...anyway, Roquan is obviously gone and he accounts for my 16 starters out this year.

Yes I do absolutely believe some on this team made a commitment last year and that played into their decision. Obviously it wasn’t the only driving factor. But it’s amazing that UGA had zero players declare early last year despite likely being drafted.. Again, we lost Dwyer and Burnett after a great year despite a poor projection.

Anyway you seem to take this weirdly personal, Laura, so we’ll agree to disagree. LOL

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
The ugag fans around me have been no fun. Almost all of them admit that ugag lost the game and the officiating had very little to do with it. Although the uncle lou video did give me a good laugh!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Let's hear your best stories from those poor, poor Ugag fans that actually drug their tails to work today.

Unfortunately my favorite whipping post texted me last night and said he was calling out today. Too funny. Guy was distraught. I was going to decorate his desk before he got there but he likely knew I'd be gunning for him.

Remember, just smile and nod no matter what kind of crazy talk comes from their mouths. They're really struggling today.
So you're saying he called YOU (the boss)....haha thanks for keeping the sterotypes going!

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
When it was 20-7 and UGA picked off Tua, the party I was at was complete Chaos. I was ready to go home I wasn’t going to watch UGA win a natty at a party full of UGA fans. They had all thought they won at that point, and from that point on just watching the meltdown was amazing. I had the best Snap Chat story of the game winning touchdown all my Mutt friends were speechless. I wish I saved that video so much.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. So many whiny Georgia U followers claiming the game was fixed on Facebook, AJC, and ESPN. If not fixed, it was the 'bad calls' that cost them the game. One surprising comment came from AJC's Jeff Schultz. He wrote that ' the block was nullified by an offside penalty that appeared bogus.'
Somehow he didn't see that the play should have nullified by the Alabama offense moving early?

Attachments

• bull.PNG
    bull.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 60

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Wow. So many whiny Georgia U followers claiming the game was fixed on Facebook, AJC, and ESPN. If not fixed, it was the 'bad calls' that cost them the game. One surprising comment came from AJC's Jeff Schultz. He wrote that ' the block was nullified by an offside penalty that appeared bogus.'
Somehow he didn't see that the play should have nullified by the Alabama offense moving early?

YES! If the play would’ve been called correctly, number 14 for Alabama would’ve been called for a false start. That means back then up five yards and punt again. Several Dwag fans suggested that the blocked punt would’ve stood if the refs would’ve made the correct call.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
YES! If the play would’ve been called correctly, number 14 for Alabama would’ve been called for a false start. That means back then up five yards and punt again. Several Dwag fans suggested that the blocked punt would’ve stood if the refs would’ve made the correct call.

I was a little shocked the announcers failed to point this out.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Had a long talk with a close friend and Dawg alum and rabid fan. He drank the cool-aid and claimed the refs cost the Dawgs the game. I asked him if no scoring in the last 25 minutes had anything to do with it. Like a lot of people he failed to understand that the penalty on the blocked punt was a dead ball foul (whether called against the Dawgs or Ala) and the blocked punt would not count and the down would be replayed regardless (I agree that the Ala played flinched and the 5 yard dead ball penalty should have been against Ala and not Ga but the punt play would be replayed regardless).

Since he had tickets to the NCG in Atlanta I asked him about his experience at the new stadium. Like most folks he had a two hour wait in line in the rain to get in and he blamed the extra security on Trump. He said that the security at the gate was not unlike the security at the airport and the stupid fans were holding up the line because they didn't have sense enough to empty their pockets of keys and chains and they were all tripping the alarms and having to be re-scanned. I bit my tonge to keep from asking him "whose stupid fans were they" ?

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what they are complaining about. They had a great year (might as well admit it) and lost to a really good Bammer team. As I watched the game, however, I thought that Bama would come back. The Dwags never really got their game established and I didn't think they ever would against the Tide D. It was just a matter of Bammer getting their QB in grove.

What got me is that I'm pretty sure that Ohio State could have beaten either one of these teams. Faster outfit, better QB.
big bowl record says big>>>>>sec osu more deseving