Wofford - Tonight (12/6)

Deleted member 2897

In my 18 years of life it has never been harder to be a Tech fan. Man what a different feeling I had this time last year, I really hope Okogie returns next year it’s looking like we’re done in terms of making the tournament now. Maybe we can still find a way but it’s not looking good.

I wish I could forget 2015 so easily.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Should have been more physical with Magee and forced him to pass it more. Even easy 2's would have been better than the 3's that he destroyed Tech with. Really sux to be a Tech fan. Hopefully when the calendar flips it will get better!

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Basketball, like football shaping up to be a lost season unless we start pulling miracle wins. Suspensions, injuries, terrible losses, tipping the ball into your own frickin basket.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Last year we were 5-3 with wins over VCU and Tulane. Losses to Tennessee, Penn State & Ohio.
I don't see us as any better or worse than last year. 4-4 with a win over Northwestern (better than VCU or Tulane) and close losses to Grambling (bad loss) and Wofford (not as bad, but not good)
Last year, we followed 5-3 by getting our asses kicked by the dwags, a 4 point win over Wofford at McCamish and a squeaker over the worst team in Division 1.
After that NC A&T debacle, I thought Rothstein might be right. Then we stunned the world and beat UNCheat.
No way I give up on the team now

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well, that sucked to watch. Almost sorry I finally got it straightened out to I could see the action. But here's my take:
  1. TURNOVERS absolutely killed us. We had 16. Wofford had 6. Ballgame right there. Alvarado uncharacteristically had 4, Tadric had 4, and AD had 4. I don't blame Tadic because we obviously decided to try to ride his game tonight, but AD and (to a lesser extent) Alvardo killed us with the TO's
  2. Lammers was a complete non-factor offensively the entire 2nd half. When he had the ball there was absolutely no offensive threat except him making a pass. I know we had him in for his defense, but that was just silly. I know we have no one else to put in instead of him, but his ankle being bad and him not even trying any low post moves just is killing our offense.
  3. Our 4 was a black hole. Whether #34 or #12 played there, they were left unguarded and could on nothing on offense. I would almost rather see us play Wright and take our lumps while he and Cole get some experience than play AD any more...he is a black hole and a turnover machine;
  4. Alston has *no* jump shot. he can make short shots within 8 feet of the basket or layups, but that's it. So again, no need to guard him outside.
  5. That left the ENTIRETY of the offense up to Tadic, Haywood and Alvarado. Tadric did his best but this was a game where someone needed to help him and there was no help;
  6. Haywood needs to shoot more. Was exactly 1-1 from the field tonight, and we NEED offense. Someone needs to encourage this guy to be more aggressive and look for his shot more

Not much else to say. Are we missing LeBarrie *that* much? I really thought there were (and have been the last 2-3 games) a lot of questionable coaching decisions. I know that the Wofford kid made some heavily contested threes, but he had shown all night long he could do that...why in the world wouldn't you double team him there at the end? Make ANYONE else beat us! Just baffled....really just baffled.

Let me be clear, I am by NO means saying the Pastner honeymoon is over.....he gave us a superb year last year and this year will have to go like this all year before I will say we are back to the Gregory level.....but I am scratching my head......

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'm not gonna lie -- I feel like I kinda swindled myself into thinking we would do decently without Okogie, but that's clearly not the case. This is such a Brian Gregory basketball team w/o Okogie.

You have the couple guys who can score occasionally (MGH, Adam Smith) and everyone else is just useless offensively. You'll never win a close game because you have no playmaker and you'll blow a lot of leads down the stretch.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Oh and Wofford had 17 more shot attempts... Just da**
Tough being at GT sports fan right now.

We need to get healthy. Ben's ankle and Josh's finger, if we want to have a decent season.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol - those of you blaming the loss on a guy from *WOFFORD* that shot the lights out need to wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I'm not gonna lie -- I feel like I kinda swindled myself into thinking we would do decently without Okogie, but that's clearly not the case. This is such a Brian Gregory basketball team w/o Okogie.

You have the couple guys who can score occasionally (MGH, Adam Smith) and everyone else is just useless offensively. You'll never win a close game because you have no playmaker and you'll blow a lot of leads down the stretch.
Really don't think with Okogie back at this point that the season is going to be much better...just seems like this team is snake bitten

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Lol - those of you blaming the loss on a guy from *WOFFORD* that shot the lights out need to wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with this statement...there were tons of other issues...turnovers being the worst, but others as well...

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Really don't think with Okogie back at this point that the season is going to be much better...just seems like this team is snake bitten
I somewhat disagree. I think we can go .500 or better in ACC play if Okogie is back. I think we are better than last year. Do you remember who we were rotating last year? Quinton Stephens who was good for a 3 point explosion once every 5 games or so, Josh Heath and Justin Moore, and Corey Heyward. Those 4 characters were a lot worse than the guys we're sticking out there now, plus we have Alvarado this year who I've been impressed with.

That said, we somehow made it through all of last season with zero injuries which is not the norm.