Why we WILL beat Clemson

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I just saw this on Twitter and thought you guys would enjoy arguing over it.

That is nice. None of it relevant. I hope we keep it respectable, get out without a lot of injuries, play hard for four quarters. Clemson is a great team, perhaps not quite as intimidating on the defensive line as last year but they and UGA are head and shoulders above anyone else we play this year.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
If GT pulls the miracle and beats Clemson i think they will be 6-0 going into the game against Miami in Hard Rock Stadium:):cool::D:smuggrin: I think a win against Clemson would catapult GT into a #20-#25 ranking in the Top 25:cigar:

Be careful of what you wish for. In 1981 we upset a top 10 Alabama team 24-21 in the first game and proceeded to lose the next 10 straight.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Be careful of what you wish for. In 1981 we upset a top 10 Alabama team 24-21 in the first game and proceeded to lose the next 10 straight.

Yes, my Rat year. I remember it well. All of those losses watched from the lower-east Rat Section. I guess that's not politically correct anymore, but I'm glad I got to be a part of that tradition.

I'm not holding my breath for a win Thursday night, but I don't believe it is near as impossible as some seem to think. At the very least I'm guessing we'll be way underestimated by the Clemson players. And Clemson could still clemson.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
If GT pulls the miracle and beats Clemson i think they will be 6-0 going into the game against Miami in Hard Rock Stadium:):cool::D:smuggrin: I think a win against Clemson would catapult GT into a #20-#25 ranking in the Top 25:cigar:

If you beat the #1 team on the road to open the season and aren’t in the Top 10 the following week I’m not watching football anymore.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Be careful of what you wish for. In 1981 we upset a top 10 Alabama team 24-21 in the first game and proceeded to lose the next 10 straight.[/QUOTE
Actually we lost 11 straight games the 10 in 1981 and to Alabama at home 45-7 the first game in 1982 . 1981 was the first time I got season tickets still think that was when my drinking problem started, but I'm ok with it.
1st game of the season anything can happen.