Why should we really expect to be good????

northgajacket

Banned
I get this, my point is none of us know. And it's a little weird that he would just now start trolling with an account since 2015.

Could be a Dawg fan or a Vol fan, remember the Vol game was scheduled in 2015 and there are some people who have no life outside of college football, one could create an account for the purpose of trying to stir on the opponents fan site. Just Saying.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Could be a Dawg fan or a Vol fan, remember the Vol game was scheduled in 2015 and there are some people who have no life outside of college football, one could create an account for the purpose of trying to stir on the opponents fan site. Just Saying.

He may have joined in 2015, but all of his posts are from this year. Here are threads he started:
What happened to Shamire, i.e., did he play much in the later games ? If not, does anyone know why?

If our offense excels does that mean our defense is weak? Or if our defense excels is our offense weak? How will we know if we are good or bad?

What should we look for?

I just upgraded (?) my tickets from section 223L to 225, ROW 3 (sight unseen although I've seen the view from the website). I was near the 20 YD line now I'm supposedly on the 50 YD line and 3 rows from the concrete wall in the upper deck on the East side. I appreciate the upper deck EAST is very low and good seats....but my two questions are....
  1. Do you think it is an upgrade to go from the 20 YD line to the 50 YD line?
  2. What is it like in Section 225, Row 3?

Just saw this in an ESPN article about the state of the SEC after spring practice, particularly regarding Tennessee-------- "Without expectations and with a weak nonconference schedule (Georgia Tech, Indiana State, Southern Miss and UMass), Butch Jones’ squad might be primed to surprise some people."

I hope CPJ and the boys see ESPN is referring to them as 'weak'.

Has anyone come "across Jordan", i.e., does anyone know how Matthew Jordan is recovering?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Seems hard for me to believe the OP signed up for an account and waited two years to start the troll.. Looking at his post history seems like he is a casual fan.

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
Not sure how to convince anyone of this, or if it matters, BUT I AM NOT A TROLL. I'm a Tech Alum (1984) and much more than a casual fan. I asked these questions (in my original post) with hope that someone could convince me 'why we should think we are going to be good' because a few of the 'offense only' video's I recently watched from last year's games indicated to me that our oline can be porous and look confused on blocking schemes at times depending on the defense. So it raises those 3 questions to me that I asked in my original post especially 'why don't other teams play us the way N. Carolina did?' Again, I'm not a DWAG or a trol, but a serious fan and huge supporter of all things GT.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
haha @Longestday.

No worries @techman, welcome to the madness that is the offseason. I normally take time off from the board in the doldrums as some of the regulars on here go stir-crazy.

I think my view is that we had some new guys trying to gel on the oline last year that made some boneheaded decisions early in the season. As people have mentioned, we still found a way to move the ball and get to 9 wins.

Another thing to note (no offense meant here if you have taken the time to learn our blocking and read patterns) but it takes some time to learn the offense well enough to determine when we let someone through unblocked intentionally because we know they won't affect the play. Many times my wife will yell out about an unblocked DB or end looping from the blind side only to see the Aback is already in motion to the opposite side and watching for the pitch. There are a number of slowmo break downs that members on this board do and boomer's write ups after the game are great places to learn the offense if you haven't already checked that.

Go Jackets!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how to convince anyone of this, or if it matters, BUT I AM NOT A TROLL. I'm a Tech Alum (1984) and much more than a casual fan. I asked these questions (in my original post) with hope that someone could convince me 'why we should think we are going to be good' because a few of the 'offense only' video's I recently watched from last year's games indicated to me that our oline can be porous and look confused on blocking schemes at times depending on the defense. So it raises those 3 questions to me that I asked in my original post especially 'why don't other teams play us the way N. Carolina did?' Again, I'm not a DWAG or a trol, but a serious fan and huge supporter of all things GT.
Maybe I can help answer this. Last year we had 3 true freshmen that started at least 1 game and 2 of them started most games. These guys now know the offense better and that alone should make a huge difference on the OL. Against UNC, we really didn't play that bad on O. They didn't stop us, we stopped ourselves with the fumbles, and then we got so far behind we had a ton of pressure on the O to catch up. The reason teams aren't stopping us like you were referring to with UNC (using what they did) is because they didn't really stop us, and there is really no special formula to stop us. Sometimes we have to look a little deeper into things than just what's on the surface, and against UNC is one of those ones imo. We had 16 yards per pass and over 6 yards per rush against UNC, we just didn't score much from self inflicted things.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I agree with you @tech_wreck47 that we hurt outselves badly in the NCheat game. The other thing to note here is CPJ is a master at phasing out the D if there is a clear mismatch. When they have a DT that we can't stop we go wide, if they have a stud LB/C that is crashing a side we go away from them. So repeating a scheme against us doesn't really work. It is the Jimmies and Joes that beat the TO when we are running it well not the Xs and Os

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the UNC game last year. Our D couldn't stop their O at ALL. I don't think we would have won the game even if our O had played better, but we did ourselves no favors.
1st Drive - False start put us behind the chains. punt
2nd Drive - JT had a huge loss put us behind the chains. punt
4th Drive - Holding penalty at the UNC 1 made us settle for field goal.
6th Drive - Blocked field goal, this one hurt.
8th Drive - Fumble
9th Drive - Fumble
10th Drive - Turnover on downs.
We still averaged 6.3 ypc and 7.6 ypp for that game.
I also seem to remember Freddie Burden going out of the game.....or was that UNC 2014?
Justin Thomas definitely went out of the game.
Anyway, I don't think you can look at that one game and make any conclusions.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you @tech_wreck47 that we hurt outselves badly in the NCheat game. The other thing to note here is CPJ is a master at phasing out the D if there is a clear mismatch. When they have a DT that we can't stop we go wide, if they have a stud LB/C that is crashing a side we go away from them. So repeating a scheme against us doesn't really work. It is the Jimmies and Joes that beat the TO when we are running it well not the Xs and Os
I'll also add that if CPJ is confident then we should all be confident. The man knows what he's doing.