Why should we really expect to be good????

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Nine wins would be exceptional. But we do this every summer. Dodd told us football is all about defense and kicking. And once again, here we are with a suspect defense, and an untested kicking game. We rely on offense, offense, offense for any success we hope to have. It is fitting I guess since everywhere else you look in the world, up is down and down is up. But nine wins, back to back, would be quite an achievement I think.
You would be correct. Given our recruiting limitations, 9 win seasons back to back would be exceptional.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Austin twins strength might be tackling....but they have done a very nice job defending the pass also....despite their lack of height.

The cumulative contribution (back-up, starters, STs and big plays) of the Austins over the past 3 years has been very significant and they have continued to improve while maintaining consistency. They are tough and competitive with strong football instincts and fundamentals. I expect even more good plays from them this year. Their versatility to play all five of the DB positions (depth) has to be an additional unsung contribution to the team. They are my and my daughter's favorite players but we can't choose between the two of them for top spot.