Why does Sec dominate the Acc every year?

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is basically an SEC school residing in the ACC. As is Florida State, which goes to show how more money doesn't always mean more success if you make some mistakes along the way.

Both schools share in common that they probably would already be SEC schools if there wasn't already a mutual agreement between UF, UGA, and USC to agree to support each other to sustain their SEC monopoly on the states they reside in. [and a general a-okay from the rest of the SEC to not double dip on markets anyway]

FSU would have been in a long time ago, and Clemson would have been considered as of late.
What is an SEC school? Lol this is the dumbest post yet.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
So the premise of this thread is that the SEC "always dominates" the ACC in football. This is clearly not true based on actual head to head results over the last 5 years that was posted earlier. Therefore the entire premise is based on an emotional reaction to yesterday's results. In other words, you get one bad data point and that bad something is "always" happening. Which leads me to ask the OP, are you my ex?

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
How many times have we heard over the last two decades that the SEC is on top because Alabama won a national championship?

Take Alabama out of the SEC and a lot of the “SEC” chanting would have never happened.
Okay, in that case Auburn, Florida, and LSU have all won titles this century.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU is at a low point it hasn't been at since before the 80s. Miami has been on a downward trend since the early 2000s. Those schools need to really pull the fans and recruits from the big fish in the SEC.

GTonFowlerSt

Georgia Tech Fan
The answer is MONEY. I suggest you look up SEC school’s budgets for their football programs and compare them to ACC schools. It’ll make you die a little on the inside. Money buys facilities, coaches, marketing, recruiting, and shows the fan base that they actually care about athletics...something GT is only just now beginning to realize is important

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Look at the scores today and tell me what y’all think excluding Clemson? Proof is in the results let’s just face it they got better fans they got better players and they got better coaches and I’m an sick of it . The acc has to get better coaches that can recruit and the acc has get better fans if they ever going to compete in college football today.

I think the ACC sucked this year. That hasn’t been the case in recent years and the SEC certainly hasn’t been dominant against the ACC.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
So the premise of this thread is that the SEC "always dominates" the ACC in football. This is clearly not true based on actual head to head results over the last 5 years that was posted earlier. Therefore the entire premise is based on an emotional reaction to yesterday's results. In other words, you get one bad data point and that bad something is "always" happening. Which leads me to ask the OP, are you my ex?

100%. Yet many on here are acting as if this is legitimate and responding with reasons. Ridiculous

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Okay, in that case Auburn, Florida, and LSU have all won titles this century.

Miami, FSU, and Clemson(2) have won titles this century also. ACC has won 4. Big12 has won 1(Oklahoma). Big10 has won 2(Ohio State). Pac 12 has won 2(USC).

You also need to take into account that the way teams were selected to "play for" a championship was highly suspect and left out teams that were worthy of consideration.(Even the SEC one year when Auburn was undefeated). One year the SEC was the ONLY representative in the BCS game. One year in the CFP, the SEC had half of the spots. Championship participation since the BCS have been mostly decided by beauty contest type rankings. Championships since the mid-2000s were skewed by hype towards the SEC.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
This thread is proof that the ESPN media bias affects people's perceptions on reality.
"Why does the SEC dominate the Acc every year?" The trick to dominating the ACC every year, is to let ESPN say you do, while not actually doing it.

SEC VS ACC
2015: 6-4
2016: 4-10
2017: 7-5
2018: 6-4
2019: 2-2
Total: 25-25

That's right, over the past five seasons, ACC and SEC are equal. There has been no domination except for ESPN's domination of public perception.

For anyone who wants to say "remove Clemson", fine, but be fair and remove the top performer from SEC as well.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
This thread is proof that the ESPN media bias affects people's perceptions on reality.
"Why does the SEC dominate the Acc every year?" The trick to dominating the ACC every year, is to let ESPN say you do, while not actually doing it.

SEC VS ACC
2015: 6-4
2016: 4-10
2017: 7-5
2018: 6-4
2019: 2-2
Total: 25-25

That's right, over the past five seasons, ACC and SEC are equal. There has been no domination except for ESPN's domination of public perception.

For anyone who wants to say "remove Clemson", fine, but be fair and remove the top performer from SEC as well.
I don't have the time nor the inclination to fact check your entire post but I can tell you right off the bat that your 2019 numbers are wrong. Just Saturday, UF beat FSU, UGA beat GT, and UK beat Louisville.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I don't have the time nor the inclination to fact check your entire post but I can tell you right off the bat that your 2019 numbers are wrong. Just Saturday, UF beat FSU, UGA beat GT, and UK beat Louisville.
It didn't include last weeks data, nor obviously whatever happens in the bowls. Even if we include those games, it's 28-25 which is not domination. Thank you for catching the miss.

Source for records: https://topdan.com/college-football-conference-records/2018.html

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I’ll never understand why anyone cares about conference ***** waving. It’s always felt like a coping mechanism for teams that underachieved.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ll never understand why anyone cares about conference ***** waving. It’s always felt like a coping mechanism for teams that underachieved.
Because in a four team playoff with 5 major conferences, conference strength matters a great deal. It's how the SEC gets multiple teams or Alabama gets the benefit of the doubt.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The yearly results are far from SEC being dominate. They may win more overall, but dominate they are not. SECPN spin builds things up more than reality

2018 ACC 4 SEC 6
2017 ACC 5 SEC 7
2016 ACC 10 SEC 4
2015 ACC 4 SEC 6
2014 ACC 5 SEC 3

The simple answer is they have a larger budget and much better brown bag recruiters. In general I dont think their coaches are any better
Everybody wants to cite SEC superiority, and ignore the dogs in the SEC. I mean, come on. Vanderbilt. Tennessee. Missouri. MSU. Mississippi. South Carolina. Arkansas. What they do have is a TV presence and propagandist in Finebaum -- bless his heart, he must be thrashing about on the floor with his beloved Alabama out of it -- and an unearned reputation. Now ask me if the ACC stinks, and it is yes. Only slightly more than the Southeastern Conference. Swinney is right: Virginia and VT can compete with anybody and we need to stop whining about how good we aren't. I kind of remember an Orange Bowl not that long ago when little old Georgia Tech beat the living daylights out of a SEC "powerhouse".