1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Why does Sec dominate the Acc every year?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by falconholic26, Nov 30, 2019.

1. falconholic26

falconholic26 Jolly Good Fellow

Is it the players or the coaches. The coaches recruits the players but in reality the school recruits the players the sec sells out every game but the acc cannot fill their small stadiums without an sec opposition which is sad truly sad and it is embarrassing two see it. Until the fans show up will lose or draw we will continue be the laughing stock for the Sec!!

2. GTRanj2

GTRanj2 Helluva Engineer

Last time I checked, the acc has the last national championship.

IEEEWreck, CTJacket, dmel25 and 5 others like this.
  3. falconholic26

One school out of 16. Check the 4 games today between the acc and sec and see the scores

4. falconholic26

The gap is not remotely close other than Clemson

5. coldbeer

coldbeer Helluva Engineer

They may have more rabid fans, but the ACC has a winning record H2H vs SEC over the last 5 or 6 years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6. rfjeff9

rfjeff9 Ramblin' Wreck

Because in admittedly subjective rankings, SEC states dominate the top 10 recruiting states for college football. An older article, but not much has changed. 6.5 out of 10 in this googled article. I give .5 for Texas.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...t-talent-in-college-football-right-now#slide2

South Carolina
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Florida
    Mississippi
    Louisiana
    Texas
    Ohio
    California
    North Carolina

Notice anything ugly here? With the possible exception of Clemson over South Carolina, the flagship programs in the first 6 listed are also the names of those teams in the SEC. In other words, the talent in those states go to those big name schools, or are at least more likely to.

FSU and Miami can compete recruiting with Florida, but they are down (literally, Florida is beating FSU like a drum as I type this).

And North Carolina has 4 ACC teams to split the talent amongst, it to mention the others, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina, Appy State, who did I forget?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  7. falconholic26

Take Clemson out of that tell me how many wins we got?

8. majorQ9

majorQ9 Ramblin' Wreck

Recruiting recruiting recruiting

9. MountainBuzzMan

MountainBuzzMan Helluva Engineer

The yearly results are far from SEC being dominate. They may win more overall, but dominate they are not. SECPN spin builds things up more than reality

2018 ACC 4 SEC 6
    2017 ACC 5 SEC 7
    2016 ACC 10 SEC 4
    2015 ACC 4 SEC 6
    2014 ACC 5 SEC 3

The simple answer is they have a larger budget and much better brown bag recruiters. In general I dont think their coaches are any better

10. TooTall

TooTall Helluva Engineer

Win above everything is their MO, aside Vanderbilt. Each of those schools would sell their soul in a second to the devil himself if it meant going to play in the $ec championship. It dosen't just mean more, it just means everything. I'd like to see the acceptance rates of the $ec vs acc teams. They want the lesser students who flunk out after a semester because they know they will be a fan for life.

11. GTRanj2

GTRanj2 Helluva Engineer

So sad but you can't play that game can you?

coldbeer likes this.
  12. falconholic26

Look at the scores today and tell me what y’all think excluding Clemson? Proof is in the results let’s just face it they got better fans they got better players and they got better coaches and I’m an sick of it . The acc has to get better coaches that can recruit and the acc has get better fans if they ever going to compete in college football today.

13. falconholic26

then let’s sell our soul I’m In for it who cares about the academics I just want to competive in sports instead of being a laughing stock in sports

HurricaneJacket likes this.
  14. UpperNorth

UpperNorth Helluva Engineer

In 2016 the ACC was hands down the better conference. A lot has changed since then. We had great qbs that year (Trubisky, Watson, Lamar Jackson, JT, Daniel Jones, Peterman, Francois played well in ‘16). Our QB play has regressed from that high point. Florida, UGA, and UK have all taken major steps forward and Tech, FSU, and Louisville have each regressed.

The ACC will be an inferior football conference to the SEC most years because of money and fan support, but there will no doubt be times when we edge ahead. During those times no one from the SEC and the national media will acknowledge it.

15. Vespidie

Vespidie Ramblin' Wreck

What’s your point exactly? To play along I’d be willing to bet it all goes back to funding and the amount of money programs have to spend or are permitted to spend without further research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  16. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

The Knight Commission Database on NCAA Atkinetic spending says SEC yearly revenue is $ 1,000,000,000 more than ACC.

We can still be competitive but we need to get to a mid acc revenue level .

17. brian22

brian22 Helluva Engineer

How many times have we heard over the last two decades that the SEC is on top because Alabama won a national championship?

Take Alabama out of the SEC and a lot of the “SEC” chanting would have never happened.

CTJacket, Jacketman, SimpleGT and 5 others like this.
  18. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 We Suck

What kind of trolling **** thread is this? The ACC has been pretty trash outside of Clemson for the past 2 years but it's still been pretty damn even overall the past 10 or do. Every conference seems to have what's viewed as a down period. The SEC between 2014-2016 was not that good outside of Alabama either. At the end of the day most conferences float around 45-55% win percentage against each other over the past 10-15 years. Not what I'd call dominating. The conference prestige **** is dumb.

CTJacket, GTNavyNuke, GT14 and 6 others like this.
  19. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Nice try, troll....

20. RespectAPA

RespectAPA Georgia Tech Fan

Clemson is basically an SEC school residing in the ACC. As is Florida State, which goes to show how more money doesn't always mean more success if you make some mistakes along the way.

Both schools share in common that they probably would already be SEC schools if there wasn't already a mutual agreement between UF, UGA, and USC to agree to support each other to sustain their SEC monopoly on the states they reside in. [and a general a-okay from the rest of the SEC to not double dip on markets anyway]

FSU would have been in a long time ago, and Clemson would have been considered as of late.