Why does Sec dominate the Acc every year?

falconholic26

Banned
Is it the players or the coaches. The coaches recruits the players but in reality the school recruits the players the sec sells out every game but the acc cannot fill their small stadiums without an sec opposition which is sad truly sad and it is embarrassing two see it. Until the fans show up will lose or draw we will continue be the laughing stock for the Sec!!

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Because in admittedly subjective rankings, SEC states dominate the top 10 recruiting states for college football. An older article, but not much has changed. 6.5 out of 10 in this googled article. I give .5 for Texas.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...t-talent-in-college-football-right-now#slide2

South Carolina
Alabama
Georgia
Florida
Mississippi
Louisiana
Texas
Ohio
California
North Carolina

Notice anything ugly here? With the possible exception of Clemson over South Carolina, the flagship programs in the first 6 listed are also the names of those teams in the SEC. In other words, the talent in those states go to those big name schools, or are at least more likely to.

FSU and Miami can compete recruiting with Florida, but they are down (literally, Florida is beating FSU like a drum as I type this).

And North Carolina has 4 ACC teams to split the talent amongst, it to mention the others, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina, Appy State, who did I forget?

Last edited:

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
The yearly results are far from SEC being dominate. They may win more overall, but dominate they are not. SECPN spin builds things up more than reality

2018 ACC 4 SEC 6
2017 ACC 5 SEC 7
2016 ACC 10 SEC 4
2015 ACC 4 SEC 6
2014 ACC 5 SEC 3

The simple answer is they have a larger budget and much better brown bag recruiters. In general I dont think their coaches are any better

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Win above everything is their MO, aside Vanderbilt. Each of those schools would sell their soul in a second to the devil himself if it meant going to play in the $ec championship. It dosen't just mean more, it just means everything. I'd like to see the acceptance rates of the $ec vs acc teams. They want the lesser students who flunk out after a semester because they know they will be a fan for life.

falconholic26

Banned
Look at the scores today and tell me what y’all think excluding Clemson? Proof is in the results let’s just face it they got better fans they got better players and they got better coaches and I’m an sick of it . The acc has to get better coaches that can recruit and the acc has get better fans if they ever going to compete in college football today.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
In 2016 the ACC was hands down the better conference. A lot has changed since then. We had great qbs that year (Trubisky, Watson, Lamar Jackson, JT, Daniel Jones, Peterman, Francois played well in ‘16). Our QB play has regressed from that high point. Florida, UGA, and UK have all taken major steps forward and Tech, FSU, and Louisville have each regressed.

The ACC will be an inferior football conference to the SEC most years because of money and fan support, but there will no doubt be times when we edge ahead. During those times no one from the SEC and the national media will acknowledge it.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
Take Clemson out of that tell me how many wins we got?

What’s your point exactly? To play along I’d be willing to bet it all goes back to funding and the amount of money programs have to spend or are permitted to spend without further research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What’s your point exactly? To play along I’d be willing to bet it all goes back to funding and the amount of money programs have to spend or are permitted to spend without further research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Knight Commission Database on NCAA Atkinetic spending says SEC yearly revenue is $ 1,000,000,000 more than ACC.

We can still be competitive but we need to get to a mid acc revenue level .

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
What kind of trolling **** thread is this? The ACC has been pretty trash outside of Clemson for the past 2 years but it's still been pretty damn even overall the past 10 or do. Every conference seems to have what's viewed as a down period. The SEC between 2014-2016 was not that good outside of Alabama either. At the end of the day most conferences float around 45-55% win percentage against each other over the past 10-15 years. Not what I'd call dominating. The conference prestige **** is dumb.

RespectAPA

Georgia Tech Fan
Clemson is basically an SEC school residing in the ACC. As is Florida State, which goes to show how more money doesn't always mean more success if you make some mistakes along the way.

Both schools share in common that they probably would already be SEC schools if there wasn't already a mutual agreement between UF, UGA, and USC to agree to support each other to sustain their SEC monopoly on the states they reside in. [and a general a-okay from the rest of the SEC to not double dip on markets anyway]

FSU would have been in a long time ago, and Clemson would have been considered as of late.