Why does Sec dominate the Acc every year?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yes, Clemson going to the playoffs again, but they are not getting the press that LSU, OSU, UGA and other playoff contenders are. Clemson is sneaky "good" this year.

Guess who's ranked #1 overall in defensive FEI? Clemson. Even after losing one of the best DLs in college football history to the NFL draft, and replacing other NFL players they are the top FEI rated defense in college football.

Clemson is also ranked #2 in overall FEI.

If we were to base playoff rankings off of Overall FEI, OSU and Clemson would be the two best teams. Everyone thinks LSU is invincible, and they do have an impressive offense, but their defensive FEI is only ranked 29.

LSU played the #3 ranked FEI defense in Auburn and barely beat them by 3 points (23-20 final...late October). Auburn had the #51 ranked offense. Against Alabama (#10 DFEI), they won 46-41 (though it wasn't as uncomfortable as the score indicates). Alabama actually had the top ranked FEI offense this year.

This Saturday will be interesting for LSU. They play UGA which has the #5 ranked DFEI team (but only #31 ranked OFEI). IMO, the game will come down to LSU's defense versus UGA's offense. I think LSU will score in the mid 20's to lower 30's versus UGA's defense. If you UGA's offense can't score in the 20's versus LSU's defense, it could be an ugly game as LSU's offense in the back half of the season reminds me of our offense in 2014...once it gets rolling, you are in trouble.

If LSU has to play Clemson or OSU in the first round, I don't like their chances of making it to the National Championship.

That being said, Utah is actually a VERY VERY good team as well. In fact, #9 OFEI, #4 DFEI, #5 overall FEI.

Barring upsets this weekend, the playoffs will be OSU, Clemson, LSU, Utah. I actually think LSU might be the weakest team of the four.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it the players or the coaches. The coaches recruits the players but in reality the school recruits the players the sec sells out every game but the acc cannot fill their small stadiums without an sec opposition which is sad truly sad and it is embarrassing two see it. Until the fans show up will lose or draw we will continue be the laughing stock for the Sec!!
Tech fans ( I call them losers ) always sell their Tech/uga tickets to uga fans. For the life of me I don't know why! I watched the replay of this weeks game and BDS was almost all red. Yet these same people will complain that we don't recruit well. Well figure it out you dumb a_ _ _ _ when a potential recruit sees Tech fans not supporting their team they are done and go to another school! We need fan support & money donations!

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
Is it the players or the coaches. The coaches recruits the players but in reality the school recruits the players the sec sells out every game but the acc cannot fill their small stadiums without an sec opposition which is sad truly sad and it is embarrassing two see it. Until the fans show up will lose or draw we will continue be the laughing stock for the Sec!!
Because you have impure thoughts