Why does Sec dominate the Acc every year?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is basically an SEC school residing in the ACC. As is Florida State, which goes to show how more money doesn't always mean more success if you make some mistakes along the way.

Both schools share in common that they probably would already be SEC schools if there wasn't already a mutual agreement between UF, UGA, and USC to agree to support each other to sustain their SEC monopoly on the states they reside in. [and a general a-okay from the rest of the SEC to not double dip on markets anyway]

FSU would have been in a long time ago, and Clemson would have been considered as of late.
I have no idea what you are babbling about.

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Everybody wants to cite SEC superiority, and ignore the dogs in the SEC. I mean, come on. Vanderbilt. Tennessee. Missouri. MSU. Mississippi. South Carolina. Arkansas. What they do have is a TV presence and propagandist in Finebaum -- bless his heart, he must be thrashing about on the floor with his beloved Alabama out of it -- and an unearned reputation. Now ask me if the ACC stinks, and it is yes. Only slightly more than the Southeastern Conference. Swinney is right: Virginia and VT can compete with anybody and we need to stop whining about how good we aren't. I kind of remember an Orange Bowl not that long ago when little old Georgia Tech beat the living daylights out of a SEC "powerhouse".

I'm not sure how old you are but to call UT a dog is ludicrous. They are probably the second winningest program in SEC history. They have won a National Championship in the last 20ish years. And even with a laughingstock coach like Butch Jones they beat a HOF coach in MBS to open the season a couple of years ago. And Finebaum is a Tennessee grad, not a Bama homer.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
This thread is proof that the ESPN media bias affects people's perceptions on reality.
"Why does the SEC dominate the Acc every year?" The trick to dominating the ACC every year, is to let ESPN say you do, while not actually doing it.

SEC VS ACC
2015: 6-4
2016: 4-10
2017: 7-5
2018: 6-4
2019: 2-2
Total: 25-25

That's right, over the past five seasons, ACC and SEC are equal. There has been no domination except for ESPN's domination of public perception.

For anyone who wants to say "remove Clemson", fine, but be fair and remove the top performer from SEC as well.

The SEC is usually the best conference because of MONEY, but they are not far and away the best conference like many claim as these numbers indicate. Add yesterday’s results and the SEC is 28-25. That’s not dominant. When SEC homers say with a straight face that Vandy could win 10 games in any other conference, the perception has gone too far and has become hyperbole that too many people take as fact.

Also worth noting, two of the three SEC/ACC state rivalries aren’t exactly the best indicator of who’s the best conference. Clemson and UGA are both one win away from the playoffs. South Carolina and GT both won 3 and 4 games, respectfully. Does an 11 win team beating an 3/4 win team REALLY say anything about their respected conferences? If Oklahoma blew out Vandy would it be appropriate to use that as an example of why the Big 12 is better than the SEC?

RespectAPA

Georgia Tech Fan
Sorry, I'll make my "babbling" more concise. SEC schools spend more on football. This isn't an unpopular opinion here, right?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
It's about focus and as a conference we're a BB conference, just look at the ACC network intro last summer at the beginning of CFB season and they're giving enormous attention to BB at the beginning of CFB season, and you expect us to compete as a FB conference, no way.
The only solution to this is for the conference schools to get together and wrestle the reins away from the tobacco road mafia and it will need to include moving the headquarters out of the state of NC.
The SEC focus has always been the king of sports, CFB, they will continue to wear the ACC out with a few exceptions along the way.

Deleted member 2897

Is it the players or the coaches. The coaches recruits the players but in reality the school recruits the players the sec sells out every game but the acc cannot fill their small stadiums without an sec opposition which is sad truly sad and it is embarrassing two see it. Until the fans show up will lose or draw we will continue be the laughing stock for the Sec!!

Fake Boos.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure how old you are but to call UT a dog is ludicrous. They are probably the second winningest program in SEC history. They have won a National Championship in the last 20ish years. And even with a laughingstock coach like Butch Jones they beat a HOF coach in MBS to open the season a couple of years ago. And Finebaum is a Tennessee grad, not a Bama homer.
Been watching much of Finebaum? Didn't think so. Now, in terms of history, I don't give a hoot. Yesterday is yesterday. And Tennessee of today is a dog. By your view we should look fondly upon the days of Dodd and be satisfied. Right.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We obviously have a little brother complex when it comes to SEC football. The opposite could be true of basketball (excepting UK), but the SEC probably doesn't care that much. Regardless, I think we are in the right conference. When elite college athletes start getting paid more, IMHO there will be enormous stress on the NCAA, conference structures, and education vs. big time athletics.

Jmonty71

Banned
Is it the players or the coaches. The coaches recruits the players but in reality the school recruits the players the sec sells out every game but the acc cannot fill their small stadiums without an sec opposition which is sad truly sad and it is embarrassing two see it. Until the fans show up will lose or draw we will continue be the laughing stock for the Sec!!
Are you saying all the ACC or just some teams? In our case, you are pretty spot on. In Clemson's case you are a bit off. If you mean overall. I recall UNC beating South Carolina, which beat Ugag. I think there are some teams that cannot field 50% of their stadium. I think we fall under that. However; look at it this way. People pay to see winning teams and they don't to see teams that lose. I recall going to see the Braves in the 80s. Paying 5 bucks for a nose bleed seat. To move down, during the game. Mainly because the stadium was less than 1/4 full. Now, you can't even try to do that. Winning fixes a lot of problems. BTW. Have you seen Vandy, Kentucky, Arkansas and Miss State home games?? They aren't much far off from us.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Big 12, Big 10 and pac 10 played 10, 9 and 10 games respectively against the Power 5, the ACC played 18, 20 if you count UNC-Wake. We may not have won, but at least we aren't ducking teams like the other conferences.
Maybe a distinction without a difference... but ND's agreement with ACC is 5 games. No opportunity for those ACC teams to "duck" games v ND. They were 5-0 v ACC this year.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
The Big 12, Big 10 and pac 10 played 10, 9 and 10 games respectively against the Power 5, the ACC played 18, 20 if you count UNC-Wake. We may not have won, but at least we aren't ducking teams like the other conferences.
They also play more conference games. So sounds like it comes out equal

Deleted member 2897

Hell it was just a couple years ago we went 3-0 against the SEC by ourselves. Don’t believe this nonsense that the SEC dominates the ACC. Our records against OOC competition are usually pretty similar. Same with bowls. We each have 10 bowl teams this year.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
They don't.