Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Nothing looks cleaner than the Nike swoosh but Adidas is totally cool. I absolutely love the trefoil logo they have! The main logo is just blah to me....but we are going to have all the euro's coming to tech! And isn't Nas/Zion team #3Stripes ? :)

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
A few names wearing Adidas in the league right now:
•GT's Shumpert and Favors
•Harden
•Wiggins
•Embiid
•Porzingis (Kristian Sjouland)
•Lowry
•D Rose
and a lot more but way too many to name

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We're in good hands with adidas (always lowercase guys) both now and in the future.

adidas has really revamped things as of late. Looks like adding Institutes like GT is a part of that process.

Love it.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Nothing looks cleaner than the Nike swoosh but Adidas is totally cool. I absolutely love the trefoil logo they have! The main logo is just blah to me....but we are going to have all the euro's coming to tech! And isn't Nas/Zion team #3Stripes ? :)
#EurosToGT

Attachments

• 2017-08-21-21-17-53-.png
    2017-08-21-21-17-53-.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 30

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I doubt the choice impact Nas. Tee was sure to reply to my question a couple weeks ago saying apparel is going to play zero part in the decision.
I caught that too, but he also mentioned that, if anything, some of the other apparel companies actually have acted in a negative manner in his recruitment and bear some responsibility in his slow building recognition. So, it may be one of those things that simply "can't hurt."

In recruiting, anything that isn't a negative may as well be a positive.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sources close to the situation say...

I don't mind answering. The company that sponsors his team (Adidas) has not been aggressive at all. I think they understand that they have a kid with the brand that has blown up and they let him know that they appreciate having him as part of the three stripe family. If anything, the aggressors have been from competitors and it's been in a negative light. For some reason, if a player is with Nike, he gets the benefit of the doubt as being a good player. Adidas kids have to get it from the mud. I can't confirm, but I've heard rumblings that people at the competitors have been less than complimentary of Nas, especially when he jumped ahead of their players in rankings and things of that nature. Additionally, shoe brand or affiliation has no bearing on the decision.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Barkin is really up to date with what's going on at GT. Blaming Stansbury for Russell shows he's clueless. Go to sleep Barkin.