Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Jordan did this to themselves, Released way too many shoes that we're already available for retail price resale. Also the whole low top thing is a L.

Yeah. It was cut off the nose to spite the face move by Jordan Brand to kill the resale game. Instead mass releasing 200k shoes that would sellout within hours now it's over 500k shoes and releasing them EVERY WEEK @ $190.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Darren Rovell wrote an interesting article on ESPN on Adidas' rise (not sure how to attach it on here). It is an interesting article.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Always wanted to weigh in on this aspect of apparel deals, but bit my tongue. There were plenty of legit reasons to not like Russell and be waiting on a new deal. But all of the constant "it hurts us in recruiting" made me throw up a little because of the reality of recruiting. This activity is deep, pervasive, and decisive in the recruitment of all 5 and most 4 star players (per Yahoo investigative report).

Similarly, I never cared about star ratings or being a fan of teams composed of 3 star athletes. To me those star rankings just tell us the market rate for procuring a recruit's commitment. Our teams of three stars, therefore, were pretty legit and clean and actually wanted to be at Tech. Easy to root for and makes every victory that much sweeter.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Similarly, I never cared about star ratings or being a fan of teams composed of 3 star athletes. To me those star rankings just tell us the market rate for procuring a recruit's commitment. Our teams of three stars, therefore, were pretty legit and clean and actually wanted to be at Tech. Easy to root for and makes every victory that much sweeter.

I couldn’t agree more with this sentiment. I have always loved watching the blue collar aspect of bulging a team around hard work and discipline. I’d obviously rather have a team that’s stocked with rockstars as opposed to chumps but find pride in being scrappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk